Top Sirloin

IMG_0341

Lunch after a long uneventful morning…

IMG_0356

(Jane) #4411

Smoked pork loin and grilled asparagus

(Robin) #4412

So jealous of that asparagus!

Sausage Gravy cover Garlic Cheddar Biscuits.

IMG_0364 IMG_0363

(Robin) #4414

Dang, that looks good.

It was, but actually gave me some bad heartburn. Something I don’t hardly get anymore. :pleading_face: … Not sure if it was the Biscuits or the Gravy, or both?

(Robin) #4416

Funny how heartburn used to be so common and we never wondered what did it, cuz the answer was everything.

While I cut up some Chicken, Italian Sausage, Scallions, etc. for the Wife’s Soup tonight, she made me some Eggs-Ravioli and ate a few Italian Sausages with it. (Also threw a Top Sirloin in the Sous Vide)

IMG_0371

(Doug) #4418

Beautiful, Dave. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Jane) #4419

Cured, smoked and sliced some pork belly into bacon.

Cut the slab in half so will cure the other half with Asian spices.

I had to cut the slab I cured and smoked in half to fit my meat slicer. I took the advice in the recipe and didn’t slice all of it to keep it fresher. I don’t want to clean my meat slicer every time I want to cook bacon, so compromised and fliced about a third of it.

Dinner last night… Sliced off some fat to crispy it up, and put some fat in the pan for searing my Sous Vide Top Sirloin. Plus, had a small bowl of the Wife’s Chicken, Shrimp and Italian Sausage soup.

D2

D1

Decided to grab some burgers, since I didn’t bring anything back to work today… Double Quarter and two Double Cheese Burgers.

(Robin) #4422

double quarter yum!

Yep, first day back to work after cancelling my leave for this week. But didn’t bring anything, but felt a little queasy for some reason? Not feeling bad, just not right? Maybe it’s just being here at work? :smile:

Just thought some Burgers might help, which I think it did for the most part. Though I would still rather make and bring my own burgers for lunch. The choices around me are quite limited to be honest.

(Robin) #4424

I did a switcharoo today. My son wanted Mexican take-out at an excellent local fave of ours. So I ordered chicken fajitas. Took it home, scooped out the chicken with cheese and sour cream and ate that yumminess. Then chopped up the last o’ the bodacious brisket I roasted and added that to the fajitas (with home made tortilla, all the veggies, rice and beans) for my husband. Win win. And a flavorful change of pace for me. I forget how much I enjoy grilled chicken.

Sounds like everyone won! … And yeah, we’ve been doing Chicken more here lately too. But there is so many things you can do with it, so that’s always helpful in making up crazy dishes.

Bit stuffy/congested today/tonight. Might be from all the days out in the weather? So had a small bowl of the Wife’s Chicken/Sausage/Shrimp Soup, and ate 2 wraps w/ Chicken, Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato.

IMG_0381

IMG_0383

(Robin) #4428

Went to my fave local dry rub bbq all-you-can-eat buffet today. I meant to take a picture before the ribs were attacked. There were no survivors. What is it about holding a bone and gnawing away at it that is so primal and satisfying? The pile of meat is fatty brisket. I persevered beyond the point of good sense. But this will last me forEVER. So freakin’ good. No regrets.

(Ashley) #4430