What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Laurie) #4368

Crustless corned beef quiche.

(Robin) #4370

O.M.G. Good job, you!

Un-planned lunch… Was out along the Levees again today, with the owners. They wanted me to walk an area with them that holds water and give them some ideas on what they could do to correct this. But we have had some Major winds the past 3 or 4 days, with winds gusting 30 to 40 mph. And like it some times does, I got a bad headache over my left eye. (The levees also funnel winds, so it’s even more a constant while out there.) So I stopped at Wawa’s to pick something up to take some Advil with, but I forgot I gave my last two to my Son, so didn’t even have any to take when I got back to the office.

2 - 1/4 lb. hotdogs, a Pepperoni and Cheese Cup, and I even picked up one of those Quest cookies my Son and Wife used to eat. Also picked up a Sprite Zero, which is only 1 carb. Still no more than 12-14c.

lunch

Dinner, whilst still working! :confounded: … Just as I started eating, got calls from both of the Associate Directors asking if I could draft up my Rain Action Plan for tomorrow, since they have an emergency meeting with all the higher ups tonight. So I was multi-tasking throughout the meal.

Started with Peppered Turkey and Italian Sausage…
IMG_0261

Just before finishing, a nice slice of Beef Liver showed up…
IMG_0262

Then two pieces of Salmon. That’s a saucer, so not giant pieces! :smile:
IMG_0263

(Robin) #4373

Hey Dave, look at me! I figured out how to use the oven! :yum:

:smile: Nice… Looks like some tasty treats indeed. I’m working tomorrow, then off for two weeks to get some hunting in during the Rut. Hopefully I can have a similar tray of Venison cooling off soon. :slight_smile::+1:

(Jane) #4375

Filet mignon and garden peppers stuffed with cream cheese, bacon and cheese. Yum.

(Jane) #4376

Lots more peppers than in the pic and all were enjoyed!

(Jane) #4377

Pork belly, future cured bacon. 11.5 lb slab cut into 4ths and vacuum sealed and frozen until ready to cure in the fridge for 7 days then smoked and sliced. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Robin) #4378

Janie, you make me crazy! You obviously love creating these meals.

(Laurie) #4379

Frozen, and – as you might be able to tell – reheated just a bit too much: one pound of ground beef with curry seasonings (no sauce). High-fat yogurt.

(Robin) #4380

Curry seasoning! I have never thought of that. I was thinking I had to give up my favorite meal out… chicken curry (hot and spicy) on rice. Well, I bet I can come close without the rice. Smart lady!

Lunch… Turkey, Pepperoni, Cheese, Deviled Eggs, Black Berries, Sunflower Seeds and Almond Milk.

k

(Laurie) #4382

Robin, I even wrote down the proportions. 3 pounds ground beef, 1/4 cup medium peri-peri sauce, 2 tablespoons curry powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon.

As an old bachelor girl, I am so done with chopping onions, having peppers go bad in the fridge, etc. I’m grateful to the forum member (can’t remember who, but it was a man) who first mentioned peri-peri sauce. Very tasty and so handy.

(Robin) #4383

Hmmm… never heard of peri-peri sauce. Looking it up now .Thanks.

(Laurie) #4384

More curry from the freezer, but different. Simple recipe: 3 lb ground beef, 1 small jar Thai red curry paste (112 g = 4 oz).

Dinner…

Beef Liver and some Onions, and a piece of Ham

IMG_0271

IMG_0272

(Doug) #4386

(Robin) #4387

Oh, man!

Made a quick wrap and trying to go Hunting… We’ve received so much rain that past couple days, not sure if the fields are just one big mud pit? Hoping the winds helped dry them out some.

Simple Omelette Wrap…

IMG_0277 IMG_0278

To show the inside, I made a 5 Egg Omelette, with some Pepperoni and light Mozzarella Cheese, then added 6 Sausage Links and Cheddar Cheese before baking in the oven 12 minutes to toast it.

IMG_0274 IMG_0275