What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Cut the grass & then came back in the house to make some Chaffles for the Wife and Son. They were making Chipped Beef, Eggs & Scrapple. … I then made myself two sets & made an Italian Chaffle with Ham, Cheese, Hard Salami, Olive Loaf & Turkey w/ Mayo, & a Double Sausage Link/Cheese Chaffle.

IMG_8919 IMG_8921

Been a busy day, but stopped a little while ago to enjoy some Soccer on the last day. … Had the Wife make me a Grilled Chicken and Bacon Salad. A little while later I mentioned Fasting… she mentioned that I still have some lunch meat in the fridge. - No problem, took care of that issue. :smile: :+1:

IMG_8926

IMG_8929

(Michael) #3999

Grass fed ground beef, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts. One meal only today. One cup of tea with sweet & low.

I love liver too, especially chicken and beef, not like I tried many. My SO likes chicken liver and dislikes beef liver (we only tried it once, instant win for me, instant hate for him :D), we both aren’t into pork liver and we both like the very available, cheap chicken liver so we usually have chicken liver. But I wanna try others! Probably turkey liver will be the next.
I loved chicken liver when I roasted it for 80 minutes but I love it even more now that I fry it for only 40 minutes (frying reduces the time anyway but not this much). Those stories with almost no time are odd to me, I dislike raw liver. Mine is tender, pink… But it matters where I buy it, I suspect. Couldn’t test it thoroughly yet, I only stopped frying/roasting the hell out of it a few weeks ago.

Beef liver is something very different, I automatically used a very very short time because it wanted that… It was obvious that was the right way. And it’s sweet, so odd considering it’s liver… Is it possible chicken liver isn’t bitter when just lightly fried (the 40 minutes I use) or it’s the liver or my tastebuds went a bit crazy…? But it was almost sweet last time when I used the livers from the town butcher, that’s good stuff and has the hearts too with their great little chewiness (well, great is for its wonderfulness, little is the strength of the chewiness :D)… I love both organs.

I kinda lost interest in food photos, I eat the same things, I forget etc… But I have two not very interesting ones. This is a bit older, I couldn’t find it until now for some reason (we use 6 different CD cards nowadays):

At least this is rare, we almost never eat this…
I was busy and didn’t make the photo when the vienna sausages were still plump… So they deflated, got wrinkled… Still good! They was made in the oven, with cheese and pork belly. And no way I don’t put mustard on them. They were super filling! (I ate something else before but I need more for a lunch even if I use my top satiating items.)

The second time we ate our own radishes this year!!!

Today was the third:

Egg sandwiches. With butter, pork jelly, dry turkey sausage and head cheese. Not pretty half hard-boiled eggs but it’s fine with me.
And some extra jelly because it’s fun and a piece of fried chicken skin.
And the radishes (halves this time as my SO got to them first), red and purple this time!
Not visible enough but it’s a very brilliant, strong purple. I always buy a pack of seeds with white, yellow, red and purple radishes because it’s great fun. It seems most of them will be red, oh well, that’s a great color. But I will immensely enjoy the special ones :wink:
I am supposed to have elongated red/white ones soon. The one I checked is adamant being all red though…
I can’t grow many kinds of vegetables but radishes work. And that’s good. We love them.

Just pulled this out of the oven - pork loins topped with some bacon and slow roasted overnight. The house smells heavenly, and I am debating whether to have some for breakfast, it is just too enticing…

Recently - cheeseburgers. Still struggling with that yellow tint in my pics.

Broke a 70 hr. Fast with a nice Salad w/ some Ham, Hard Salami, Pepperoni, etc. Then a Sous Vide Top Sirloin I dropped in last night, with some Greek Yogurt. Then 1/2 dozen Deviled Eggs on the side.

IMG_8940 IMG_8935

IMG_8939

(Jody) #4004

Hello all my Keto friends. I have been doing raw carnivore for about the last year, so I have avoided posting pictures here as the raw meat/organs sometimes bothers people. I have move back to a meat heavy keto (adding back some veg) so here we go …

download

13oz Ribeye
Cabbage browned in 2tbs butter
2tbs additional butter (for the steak)

Before bed,
2 scoops [fat / carb free] banana cream protein shake (not pictured)

I know some will ask why the switch from carnivore to [more] keto, so the answer is … I was stalling* and when I stall, I make changes. I have switched between carnivore and keto several times when I need to shake things up. My weight / size is till GREAT, but when I stall I know I need to make changes.

*by stall, I am talking about 5 months of stall … not a few days/weeks :wink:

Ate my lunch a bit earlier today. - I’m Leaving out at 2pm today and won’t be back until Wednesday. So they’ve moved some meetings up knowing I was leaving early & wouldn’t be back till next week. Rather get it out of the way. … Four Boiled Eggs, Pickles, Olives, Pepperoni, Cheddar and Swiss Cheese, Hard Salami Greek Yogurt and some Macadamia Nuts. - Note: I didn’t eat the Greek Yogurt after-all. There was a bug in it when I went to get some. Looked like a small flying insect or something, but tossed it.

jhjjggjy

Dinner… Salad w/ Pepperoni, Hard Salami. And a couple Burgers with Cheese (Cheddar and Swiss) with Mushrooms and Onions, and a side Deviled Eggs. Also had a Halo Bar.

IMG_8953

IMG_8954

Lunch… Heated up Burger w/ Cheddar Cheese, Deviled Eggs, Swiss Cheese, Pepperoni & Turkey.

IMG_8962 IMG_8961

(Jane) #4008

Crustless quiche. Eggs complementary of my hens, first peas from the garden (5 or 6 so not enough to cook so threw them in there). Homemade cheese from raw milk from a nearby dairy.

(Butter Withaspoon) #4009

Janie, Celebrating the first 5 or 6 peas :smile::smiley::laughing: As a gardener I laughed in recognition of this! I’ve just planted mine so I’m crossing my fingers that they will come up

(Cathy) #4010

fried scallops and homemade seafood sauce for dinner 2x this week

Linch… Taco Omelette, Italian Sausage and 4 Sausage links.

IMG_8967

(Jane) #4012

Country spare ribs IP then finished on the grill.

Scotch eggs with sausage and pork rind crumbs. Baked, not fried.

Dinner… Fried Chicken Gizzards. - About 1/4 went to the Girls.

IMG_8969

(Jody) #4014

Got used to not taking pictures … need to reverse that. lol

13oz ribeye steak
5oz link Shrimp/Pork sausage
4tbs butter (2 in veggies / 2 on plate)
Cauliflower Rice w/ veggies (added cheese)

Before bed, protein shake

Lunch… Decided to try another type of crust for Breakfast Pizza. Wasn’t bad and came out like a pan bake crust. At least in thickness, and you could easily pick it up and eat it too. (Another plus+) - but it does have a slightly Eggy taste, that again, I don’t mind. But may fool with it a bit next time, maybe to remove some of the Egg yolks. … But it was filling and even got a little crunchy, but think I can let it get even more next time too. I ate half and the Wife had a piece and Son tried it too. - Used some of the Italian Sausages we had from yesterday and added Pepperoni. Also had to put it on the large plate.

IMG_8997

IMG_8999

(Jane) #4016

Fired up my smoker today. Going to make a huge chef salad with smoked chicken, boiled eggs, raw garden peas and my homemade cheese.