What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Butter Withaspoon) #3874

Another similar brunch, this time with 2 lamb sausages and 3 eggs, sitting on the deck of this holiday house in glorious sunshine

No meal today, since I’m fasting. But as far as I know, shopping itself isn’t Fasting. :smile:

Since I don’t always eat at work, I do like to keep some beverages here in my office. So I ran up to pick up a few Zevia’s to have here, as well as some Almond Milk.

2 1

Also picked up a couple more flavor additives I like to look for when shopping. Both being 0 Carb and just nice to add to some meals for additional flavor…

But, since I live an hour away, I can’t pick up things that need to stay refrigerated of course, but had to pick one of these up when I saw it. - No, not the Mint Chip on the left, but that other one, being a bright Yellow! (It’s Banana Peanut Butter Chip) I have absolutely no idea if it’s any good, and won’t till I try it, but I have always been a fan of Banana flavored stuff. No so much Bananas themselves, though I would have one here and there, I have always enjoyed Banana flavored items. … I thought If anything, will put them in my freezer and maybe just add, or have one for a lunch coming soon. :slight_smile:

(Ashley) #3876

Not much to look at, but easy to make, brown beef, throw in some spices or not, add already cooked bacon, add some cheese, and melt all together!

I do this too. Sometimes I add some peppers. Usually it’s cheesier than yours. But you can add anything you personally like and it will be good. I like making quick meals like that.

(Ashley) #3878

Since I mostly eat meat it’s my go to thing, I do a more relax carnivore so I do allow myself mustard and sugar free ketchup.

Breaking a 41 hr. Fast with lunch…Scrambled Eggs & Sausage Links. Swiss Cheese, Cheddar Cheese and Pepperoni, Ham Steak, Greek Yogurt with a couple Strawberries, Cream Soda & Tea. Going to try the Banana Peanut Butter Chip Rebel here shortly. Also learned that my freezer within my Mini-Fridge wasn’t sealed all the way, so it was quite soft. So just threw it into the large fridge for a bit to tighten up.

z

(Virginia ) #3880

Thanks, Honey…lol It did look good, didn’t it.

It always does. :kissing_heart:

Last minute decision to go out and grab something. (Skipped Dinner last night) Sucks, there’s not a whole lot of decent choices, so just grabbed a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese. (Added some Mayo instead of Ketchup / Mustard.) 2 McChicken? 1 Spicy, 1 Regular. Plus, took out the Mint Chip.

642798 8956

(Heather Meyer) #3882

What type of cut on the roast? Im looking into do8ng an instapot roast and im clueless about what kind of cut to use for best results(tenderness).

(Heather Meyer) #3883

You americans drive me bonkers! Im sitting here in Canada asking God why the Rebel company hasnt made it into Canada. Pray for my soul…:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

(Virginia ) #3884

Honey, you know I could of made something for you to take… I did yesterday morning, at the last minute, when you decided you wanted something. It’s not a problem… you know that. Better than those fast food places. Love ya.:kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We have a place called Nick’s, where we purchase whole pieces of meat. Usually whole NY Strip, Top Sirloin, Delmonico, Filet Mignon, etc. can run about 15 lbs. You can also get them as 1/2’s, but I don’t let them cut them up which they will do for free. I just doing them at home, so I can make the cuts we want. But usually 1" to 2" in thickness. But this was the first time picking up a whole Round Eye Roast. I think it was about 9 or 10 pounds, and it’s was shaped a lot like the Filet Mignon. … As I stated, we will usually put in it a slow cooker/crock pot and so cook it, but this last time we tried it Sous Vide. Is was quite tender, but didn’t have that falling apart effect you get with the slow cooker.

Yeah, they are starting to have quite a few new flavors of Rebel showing up, and I’m also seeing more places carrying them as well. The Halo Ice Cream is doing the same and think more folks are seeing them as a good alternative to the regular stuff. I hope they do start making their way up there!

Thanks, Hun, I know you will. - But as you know, half the time I never know if I will feel like eating at work or not? Sometimes not until it nears midday. When I do, it’s easier to bring left-overs to heat up, or make something in the morning. But it is still usually too early then to decide. :slight_smile: Love ya…

Lunch… Tuna-Fish Salad, with some extra Mayo for the dressing. Also some Greek Yogurt and 1 oz. of Habanera BBQ Almonds.

Left from work a little early today, to get an early start on the weekend and get some stuff done. Wife took out and planned to make some BBQ Chicken Drumsticks tonight, but they were still a bit frozen to a degree, so I made a suggestion of maybe picking something up from Texas Road House instead. - (Which went over quite well! :smile:) … So I got a Porterhouse Steak, which they loaded up with some Sautéed Mushrooms and Fried Onions, w/ House Salad and had a Chocolate Cheesecake Halo Bar.

IMG_8264

(Jane) #3889

IP London Broil and wax beans from my 2019 garden sautéed in butter with onion and garlic.

Lunch… 3 - 1.4 lb. Hotdogs and some Coleslaw. (Still working on the recipe for it. 2nd Run)

IMG_8284 IMG_8282

Brief break from drywalling the basement for Dinner… Few BBQ Chicken Drum Sticks, more Coleslaw. BBQ was a bit ‘tangy’, so a Halo Bar helped with that, and I ate some Habanero BBQ Almonds.

IMG_8286

(Jane) #3892

Grabbed a bunch of kale from the garden and made spicy kale chips. They are so light and crispy!

De-veined with the cute leaf tool in the first pic, then mixed 2 Tbl olive oil, 1 Tbl sriracha sauce, 2 tsp lime juice and 1/4 tsp salt and tossed the kale leaves in it until all were coated

Then baked at 300 F for 15 minutes, tossed them then baked another 5 minutes. Perfect.

(Laurie) #3893

@PortHardy Heather, I read on the Rebel website that it isn’t financially feasible to sell Rebel in Canada because milk prices are controlled by the government.