What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Doug) #3691

That looks really good, Mg. :slightly_smiling_face:

Lobster bisque –

I just picked a recipe online:

There are others that look excellent as well. There’s onion/carrot/celery and tomato paste in this one, so some carbs. I got 2 lbs. of frozen lobster meat, which was overkill - I’d had bisque in the past with not much lobster meat in it, but 1 lb. would have been more than enough. So, a couple frozen lobster tails would do it, IMO, and those can be purchased fairly cheaply.

I didn’t add any flour, and don’t think it needed it.

(Mg ) #3692

Awesome! I only eat one meal a day and I can revel in it because it’s my only carb consumption. Another amazing reason to intermediate fast.
I want that so bad. Gonna go get the ingredients.
Thank you! Great idea never thought of it,
I’ll let you know how it turns out OK

(Bacon for the Win) #3693

This morning’s meal:

Decided to try another chaffle version with lunch… (Egg, Sour Cream, Coconut Flour, Baking Powder, Sea Salt and A-1 Sauce) Wasn’t bad. - Sausage/Egg/Cheese Chaffle, with 2 Bacon and 2 Scrapple.

IMG_7335

Dinner… Hamburger (w/ little Rao’s Marinara & Chili Powder) added Mushrooms, cut up 1/4 lb. Hotdogs, with a little cheese on top. Also side of Bacon, Cheese, Pickles & Olives. (1/2 Rebel Triple Chocolate)

IMG_7336

IMG_7337

I never have overflow when making chaffles. My chaffle tools:

Imgur

Dash mini-waffle maker, on my kitchen scale, with beaten eggs in a shaker cup, and finely shredded Italian blend cheese in my Lock & Lock container.

I just put the Dash mini-waffle maker on my kitchen scale and layer onto it:

• 10 grams of shredded cheese
• 25 grams of beaten eggs
• 10 grams of shredded cheese

So I never get an overflow from eyeballing my ingredients incorrectly. :slight_smile:

My cheeseburger ingredients do overflow. :slight_smile:

Imgur

(Mg ) #3697

That’s WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT! wow that looks flipping amazing! Ok mine is the same size as yours. I’ll measure that, if it works well I’ll be using it way more.
Thank you so much. I was done cleaning that mess. It was everytime I used it. Either too little and looked like a pancake and broke apart or too much.
Thank you so much!!!

(Mg ) #3698

Oh my Gawd! I want that!

(Ashley) #3699

Still doing carnivore! Just ground beef and cheese!

Lunch… Salad with Tuna-Fish and Pork Rinds. Also some Cheese and Pepperoni.

IMG_7344 IMG_7343

I still couldn’t manage to shot a complete meal but I have some eggs :smiley: I very frequently eat something similar as my first or second course for my first (and ideally often only) meal… Carnivore deviled eggs (their texture is fun… my eggs refuse to become hard enough nowadays. maybe next time I just boil them for 30 minutes? 20 isn’t nearly enough, it seems. I used less time in the past, maybe these are different eggs? oh well) and a boiled egg.

Look at that yolk color :smiley:

It’s good a greengrocery’s in the nearby little town keeps these eggs as our “egg lady” complained about chicken food suddenly becoming way more expensive. We buy the eggs at a bit higher price now, it’s fine but she probably will stop keeping hens when the current ones won’t be around anymore.
Sigh.

Eggs are my most important staple food, I love them more than ever. I had a very abnormal day yesterday, I ate only 2 for my normal meals and despite being quite full at the end of the day, I had to add some more as I missed them. Meat is meat, can’t replace eggs but I didn’t eat much meat anyway.

Today I had 7 eggs and a few yolks. Just the usual, I definitely want more tomorrow. I have an egg phase.

Dinner… Made the Wife and Son some Haddock Fish, along with Shrimp Scampi, and I had Dungeness Crab and some of the Shrimp Scampi.

IMG_7346

IMG_7349

Lunch… Bacon, Eggs and Sausage Links. Also ate 1/2 pint of Chocolate Chip Mint Rebel.

IMG_7350

(Ashley) #3704

@Digital_Dave We Match today!

:+1: Yes Ma’am, can’t go wrong with this simple, yet delicious, Keto meal. … And yep, I had two girls watching me the whole time as well! And of course, they got a couple bites in as they normally do. :smile:

(Ashley) #3706

Same here lol! I always cook extras for my two brats :joy:

Dinner… Fried Chicken Livers and Onions.

IMG_7356

(Butter Withaspoon) #3708

Bought a couple of chicken frames and added some veg and herbs from the garden, some shop veg, butter and the lamb dripping I saved. And salt! Very tasty for a veg heavy meal option. I’m on my second bowl. Some nice pieces of lamb for tonight’s meal if I’m hungry enough

Started out Butter Frying some Mushrooms, with Garlic, Red wine Vinegar and Sea Salt. Then added about 10 oz. of Ground Hamburger, with a trace of Taco Sauce. Added this to a Large Salad with Sour Cream. Pulled out the Pork Rinds to top the Salad, but decided to eat a few with Cream Cheese Dip. Then the Wife brought me some Pickles and Olives, and lastly some Bacon we fried up the other day.

IMG_7357 IMG_7358

IMG_7359 IMG_7360

Dinner… Plate of Cheese, Pepperoni & Greek Yogurt with Black Berries. Then 2 Fish from Arby’s.

IMG_7363

IMG_7380