Cathy, you’re rolling with some good color there. :sunglasses:

Slightly less chromatic for me today.

(Susan) #3552

Jamaican Curried Goat

(Karen) #3553

Thai pad see ew
Zoodles, broccoli leaves, ground beef, bit of carrots, egg. Spices
image a-

Thank you, @monsterjuice and @velvet. :slight_smile: … We’ve been getting hit with bad weather since the end of January and it hasn’t let up, at least not much. The Ice is making things much worse, and just creating havoc all over the region. But at least I was able to get back home tonight, or should I say this morning, since it’s now 1am and I just got home. Was able to end the shift a few hours early, only leaving a few of my operators to handle things till morning. But hoping it’s over for a while now. and I would much rather be at home than having to stay at Hotels due to un-safe travels. I would just love to have a chance to enjoy a nice weekend for a change. I think I’ve only had one day off since this all started, and honestly just want a break and relax some. :tired_face:

Wife made me this for today’s meal, or yesterday, I honestly can’t remember. … Crock-Pop Roast with Radishes, Celery, etc. Along with the Deviled Eggs I made some days ago, and didn’t get to.

IMG_6763

(Jane) #3555

(Robin) #3556

0B00E339-5EAF-49AD-8FED-BF4D5DEF14C8
Oh my gosh… cauliflower, broccoli, Italian sausage, bacon, onion, heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, spinach, sour cream, shredded cheddar, cream cheese, and loads of spices. Had a medium bowl before tracking it. Score! Surprising to me is that onions had more carbs that broccoli or cauliflower. Total was 540 calories, 12 g carbs. My limit is 17. I am thrilled. I can do my usual meat roll up for dinner, and be fine. I had assumed most veggies were carb heavy. And I LOVE veggies. So… Happy day for me.

(Allie) #3557

Salmon and poached eggs

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #3558

Jalapeño popper casserole

(Karen) #3559

Sole fritters w almond flour green onions and egg. Veg salad w vinaigrette.

(Jane) #3560

Root vegetable so stores carbs in the bulb as “food” for the plant.

(Tracy) #3561

Did you poach the eggs in sandwich bags? I’ve been wanting to try that method so I don’t lose all the egg in the water.

(Tracy) #3562

This is my new favorite way to cook chicken and it’s cheating a bit. I buy a rotisserie chicken from Costco and put it in the fridge until the next day. When it’s cold, it’s easy to carve and the skin stays adhered. Then I put it skin side down in a hot pan with bacon grease and put a lid on it. In just a few minutes it’s as crispy as can be. It’s good as is but you can add lemon juice, garlic, or cajun seasoning. The carcass gets vacuum sealed and frozen for stock later.

That is cool. I don’t go to the store often (Covid) so I pick up two rotisserie chickens when I go, eat one half at home while still warm, and freeze the rest in halves. This looks perfect for my thawed halves!

(Tracy) #3564

This actually tastes better than when it’s fresh from the deli. I’ve always thought rotisserie chicken, especially the skin, was kind of slimy. This turns it into something completely different. Give it a shot.

Slow roasted tri-tip with asparagus, roasted nuts and mushrooms.

Chicken liver with bacon, onion and avocado.

slowroastporkriceturmeric

Slow roasted pork with caulirice, various veggies, cheese and turmeric. Not shown in any of the above: Fire ant juice.

I love fresh rotisserie chicken, but end up using the frozen mostly in casseroles and soups. Yours looks like a nice alternative, I like crispy skin, too. Usually I only get crispy skin with fresh roasted chicken.

(Tracy) #3567

Cheesecake swirl brownies. There’s a million recipes out there and they’re all pretty much the same.

(Allie) #3568

Yeah I did, first time I’ve done it as I’ve never had any luck with poaching before so tried it. Worked well! :grinning:

I feel I am the worst at food photography in the site (I am mildly content with my nature macro shots as a very tiny, not serious hobby photographer but my food? I feel so inferior and I am not even interested at getting better, it’s just food, I wanna eat it, not making it pretty… :smiley: I am often hungry anyway when I fill my plate, it doesn’t help) and I eat my usual things so no photo from me but I wanted to express my thankfulness about eggs in purgatory. I have heard about that wonderful and super easy dish in this topic some months ago and it’s still a huge hit in my household (still? it probably will be popular decades later too, we love the ingredients and the wonderful result). Oh if I was aware about its existence when I tried to cook the same food for two people with very different woe… We both are sure we won’t get bored of this dish if it only happens a few times a week. There is even some variety in it… And I can put meat into it too…
It makes my life so, so easier and better sometimes :smiley:

It depends on the fat and the protein in my case. Cream and all rendered fat - not satisfying, just add calories. And chicken meat is fine in small quantities but I never could get satiated with it alone.
Eggs are good but I need calories for satiation so 10 eggs just isn’t enough for a typical first meal (usually my biggest one) even if I wasn’t hungry when I started to eat. And I usually get bored with that amount unless I was very prepared and used tricks. But eggs don’t have everything anyway so I combine them with meat.

Not to me. It’s an extremely flavorful, sweet vegetable :smiley: It’s a useful “spice” for me, a little goes a long way (now, at least. it’s one of my favs and I ate it in bigger amounts sometimes… one big onion per egg in my scrambled eggs… or more like, eggy fried onion… I had to stop when I went low-carb, way before keto. no problem as I didn’t actually needed it in big amounts… I saw stew recipes with more onion than meat, well, I don’t think it’s needed or even preferable… I use way less than that.)

Garlic is even (way!) carbier. But one usually uses it in even smaller amounts.

Almost all vegetables are too carby if one eats them like I did, in big quantities… But adding flavors to some good protein? That can be done in few carbs.

I can’t even imagine being happy without quite a few eggs for nearly every meal of mine :slight_smile:
But I have my limits. I like to keep my egg consumption below 10 on most days (and definitely per meal). And it takes a very tempting egg dish to accept more than 2-3 eggs in the same form… I almost never eat only eggs (with a little extra) for a meal, it only happens if a quite small meal is enough and that’s rare.
I am not into scrambled eggs/omelettes nowadays but I had such a phase… I ate scrambled eggs for every lunch (among other things. see my 2-3 eggs per dish limit) and was surprised when my SO told me it’s not something he wants to do multiple times a week… But he eats boring (and mostly carb) rice cake 10-20 times a week… Since many years, with some tiny break sometimes when he has too much other sweets (not chocolate as it goes well with the rice cakes)… Tastes differ but we both can’t get bored of our favs easily.

(Laurie) #3570

Don’t worry, Shinita, I hate taking photos and all the complications (e.g., file too big). It’s traumatic for me.

I’m just not a photo person. Someone once wanted to see a photo of my baby granddaughter. I said, “She looks like a baby.” Same with my (nonexistent) “before” photos – I looked like a fat person!