What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Ended up doing OMAD. Wife already had thawed out some Clam Meat she picked up for me to try. Was not all the good unfortunately, but appreciated her picking it up. Also had a couple Cheese Burgers, some Mushrooms and Onions, Cottage Cheese with Black Berries and two slices of toast.

IMG_6619 IMG_6617

IMG_6618

(Jody) #3430

1lb ground beef, 6 eggs and butter.

The “odd” color is because these are Happy Egg Company eggs and the yolks are basically orange, not yellow. SO good.

(Ashley) #3431

I’m 95% carnivore now. I say 95 because I do use some spices. And I also do have sparkling waters or coffee or tea. My lunch.

Yesterday’s meals…

Lunch… Fried Eggs, Hamburger and Scallions.

IMG_6621

Dinner… 48 hr. Slow Roasted Roast with Radishes, Celery and Onions.

IMG_6623

Homemade mapo tofu. Probably the spiciest and most flavourful dish I’ve made in ages. Four Thai bird chillies, huge pile of chopped fresh ginger, 4 cloves of garlic, 1 lb ground pork, 1 block medium firm tofu, green beans, 4 tbsp spicy garlic black bean sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tablespoons soy sauce. 1 chopped jalepeno

(Karen) #3434

Shrimp, feta, broccoli, zucchini, pine nut. Italian herbs, garlic, olive oil

(Jane) #3435

Hubbie has a sweet tooth so I made this for him. Supposed to be toffee but came out more like caramels, which I prefer. This would pass at any gathering for a “real” dessert. Made with Allulose and Lily’s sf chocolate chips.

TMAD…

Lunch… Steak Salad with Soft Boiled Eggs, and some on the side.

IMG_6628

IMG_6627

Dinner… Makeshift meal. - Cooked up and grilled some cut up Chicken Breast, added sliced Italian Sausage, Bacon and Chopped Broccoli all in Alfredo Sauce.

IMG_6630

(Tracy) #3437

Smoked Tri Tip

I cut the fat cap off so I could remove the silver skin, then I put the fat back on it during the smoking to baste it. Does anyone else do that?

(Tracy) #3438

I have saved loads of money by making these makeshift meals. Before Keto, my fridge was loaded with garbage. If I wasn’t in the mood for something I’d just go to McDonald’s. Now I will throw any meat I have, and a veg in a pan and that’s dinner.

I had a huge slab of fat on my slow roasted brisket. I cut it off after roasting, let it cool and cut it into very thin slices and used it like bacon, and to grease pans. Works and tastes nice!

Lunch: sausage and eggs.

Can you find the beef liver? It’s cream marinated and encrusted in bacon pieces. Some fried onion on the side.

Lunch… 6 Egg Taco Omelette, and some Yogurt with Black Berries.

IMG_6632

IMG_6633

(Ashley) #3442

Lunch :slight_smile:

Three Egg Omelet

Dinner… The left-over Roast we still had.

IMG_6636

(Alex ) #3445

I keep seeing Canada/US references towards “strip” where steak is concerned, what’s the explanation?

Strip steak

Beef

The strip steak is a cut of beef steaks from the short loin from a cow. It consists of a muscle that does little work, the longissimus, making the meat particularly tender, although not as tender as the nearby psoas major or tenderloin. Unlike the tenderloin, the longissimus is a sizable muscle, allowing it to be cut into larger portions.

Surf and turf dinner: Steak, Haddock, mushrooms, melted butter and lemon.

BTW, locally here we have what is labeled as sweet cream butter, can come in off brands, and is is also pure butter.

(Neil) #3448

Petite Breakfast from Marin French Cheese:

A quick salmon poke bowl after a busy day at work:

Shakshuka with ground beef:

Pork meatloaf topped with bacon: