What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Lunch… Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage (patties and links) also a piece of Banana Cheese Cake.

IMG_6440 IMG_6441

Dinner… Turkey, Deviled Eggs and Cauli-Egg Salad. Then had some Rotisserie Ham. Also had a small piece of my Son’s Birthday Cake.

IMG_6442

IMG_6444 IMG_6446

(Ashley) #3270

Banana cheesecake sounds lovely

Just wanted to try a different flavor and it wasn’t bad. Probably been even better with sliced Banana on top with sauce, but only went with flavoring. But had made over 12 Cheese Cakes that past week.

(Tracy) #3272

I’m from WV and we had a black walnut tree in our yard that I always saw as a messy burden when I was a kid. I’d give anything to have access to those now. They are expensive and hard to come by.

(Karen) #3273

Coffee and very dark chocolate. I’ll be bouncing off the wallsimage For breakfast I had two eggs with olive oil. I have been struggling to cut out breakfast and eating non-keto because I get too hungry. So I decided what the heck better eat breakfast. After the eggs the chocolate was calling my name. You can only eat so much of this because it’s very dark

Lunch… Bacon, Sausage links & patties, Ham and 4 Fried Eggs. The 3 extra yolks, are from the Lemon Meringue Cheese Cake order I made for a neighbor the other day.

IMG_6448

(Robin) #3275

Halloumi?

(Robin) #3276

Just now saw this! What did you think?

(Doug) #3277

This was from a couple days ago, a nice beef roast.

(Karen) #3278

Wow this looks spectacular! Merry Christmas

(Candy Lind) #3279

A funny thing happened to what was SUPPOSED to be Christmas dinner - on Christmas Eve, I picked up a lovely 14.5 pound prime rib roast with the ribs separated and tied back on - then … when everything was closed up tight … THEN I remembered I got rid of my old roasting pan after Thanksgiving!! DOH!

So, on Boxing Day I used a gift card I received for Christmas to go out and buy a new roasting pan. Then I started reading rub recipes. I chose this one, then decided to use the 500-degree “make a crust” method I’d read about. One hour at 500 (smoked the house up but good! :rofl:), then inserted the meat thermometer & turned it down to 170. CAME. OUT. PERFECT! I prefer more red, but I’ll make my way to it in the next couple of days.

Steamed broccoli and creamed spinach are in there somewhere. Worth the 36-hour wait.

(Bacon for the Win) #3280

salt and vinegar wings

(Tracy) #3281

have you ever tried brining in pickle juice? If you like salt and vinegar, you’ll like them.

(Ashley) #3282

Eggs with bacon Mayo mustard and paprika with some bacon! Doggies may help me eat some as it’s very filling!

Dinner… Little bit of Turkey, Ham and Brussel Sprouts. Also a piece of Banana Cheese Cake.

IMG_6451

IMG_6452

(Bacon for the Win) #3284

they were brined then smoked. I bet pickle juice would be an amazing brine.

(Tracy) #3285

Another one of my hair-brained ideas, but it’s actually really good and versatile. I dissolve 1 T gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water. I beat 3 liquid egg whites with 1/8th tsp cream of tartar to stiff peaks and sweeten, usually with SF syrup and monk fruit drops. I add 1/2 C almond milk to the gelatin and pour into egg whites and quickly incorporate. You can let it set up by itself or do some add-ins. I had a failed pecan pie that I chopped up and put on the bottom then poured the gelatin over it. I’ve also just folded in some plain almond flour to banana flavored gelatin and it tasted like banana pudding. The possibilities are endless. This is basically a meringue jello. I can’t handle using a cup of HWC in a recipe so this is a very light alternative to a heavy mousse and the carb count is extremely low, as is the fat and calories even. Don’t feel bad if you eat the whole thing in one day. It’s not our fault egg whites hold so much air and look big. Just remember adding fat will deflate your egg whites. If you do add-ins try folding in quickly after you have your gelatin mixture added to the egg whites or just put them on the bottom.

(Neil) #3286

Butternut squash and pear soup, using homemade chicken bone broth as a base:

(Susan) #3287

I cooked a turkey yesterday. No sides, just the bird. Turkey with mayo on chaffles.

(Jane) #3288

Bunless burger and half an avocado