What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

I am getting terrible at posting them, lol. Playing catch-up.

Overcooked, but still delicious filet of sole, roasted tomatoes and mushrooms, some bacon pieces.

750g bone in ribeye/tomahawk
Bacon wrapped onion ring
Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños
Deep fried halomi fries
Mushroom pepper sauce
Coleslaw

Bacon wrapped onion ring - never tried that, will have to, I am a fan of wrapping things in bacon.

Today’s TMAD…

Lunch… BLT and some Sausage Links
IMG_6234

Dinner… Plate of Cheese, Pepperoni, Summer Sausage with Dijon Mustard & a couple Leg Quarters.
IMG_6236

IMG_6237

(Jody) #3052

Finally got a picture!!!

1 lb Smoked (then seared) Tri-Tip w/ 6 scrambled eggs

Lunch and OMAD… Makeshift HotDog/Taco Salad. Started 3 - 1/4 lb. HotDogs w/ Taco Meat, Cheese & Sour Cream. But then added Italian Dressing, and realized I just needed Lettuce & Tomato for a Salad.

IMG_6243 IMG_6245

IMG_6246 IMG_6247

(Karen) #3054

Chopped cabbage and kale salad with NY strip

(Neil) #3055

A few things from the past few days…

The obligatory cheese board, this time with a trio of Alpine cheeses:

Eggs in Purgatory. Doesn’t look like much but still tasted great:

Turkish cilbir:

Baked mushrooms and eggs:

And some nuts from Koeze to finish:

(Neil) #3056

West African Chicken Stew, from just now:

(Jane) #3057

Do you have a recipe you can share? Looks delicious!

(Doug) #3058

:smile: :+1:

(Neil) #3059

It looks gorgeous if you ask me. Those colors… And it totally looks like something I would like.

Nice dishes, I need to look up them…

(Neil) #3061

Thank you! :slight_smile: I find that some dishes are much more photogenic than others. That probably just means I still have lots to learn about food photography, though, and that I’m better at seeing how to take a good photo of some dishes than others…

I’ve always cared far more about the food tasting good than looking good on the plate, but more recently I’ve come to appreciate the impact that good plating has on the perceived quality of the meal!

(Jody) #3062

1.2lb (pre-cooked) home smoked salmon w/ 6 scrambled eggs and cheese.

Did a dry rub of (keto) brown “sugar”, salt and pepper. Covered and let that set in the fridge, between 2 trays with weigh on top, for 4 hours. Then washed it off and put it on a rack and let it sit in the fridge again for another 45 minutes.

(Jane) #3063

Thanks!

(Jane) #3064

Denny’s about the only place open for dining and DIL not serving Thanksgiving dinner until 3-4 this afternoon.

Did a “build your own” Grand Slam with eggs and meat - nice option! Hubby got a chorizo omelette and had them hold the toast and hash browns.

Yesterday’s meals I forgot to post…

Lunch… Country Sausage and Cheese, followed by Eggs and Bacon.
IMG_6250

IMG_6251

Dinner… Some Ham, Cheese and Greek Yogurt.
IMG_6254 *

(Karen) #3066

Brunch fried chicken and king prawns in butter with garlic pepper and grated mature cheddar melted in and it is tasty.