What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Dinner & OMAD… Turkey, Ham, Sweet Potato, Deviled Eggs, Cauli-Egg Salad, Stuffed Ham (A huge favorite here in these parts) & Cheddar Biscuits. Also had an Egg-Nog and slice of some sort of Cookies and Cream Pie? (Non Keto for these last two.) … Note: Unfortunately we didn’t eat any of the Turkey. It was quite big, looked good, but had an odd taste, so we all opted not to eat it in case it was bad for some reason. Really sucks, but better safe then sorry, but the Hams were quite good though.

Forgot to add Lunch… Hotdogs and Eggs…
IMG_6256

IMG_6258

IMG_6259

IMG_6260

(Heather Meyer) #3068

Happy Thanksgiving American lovelies!

Tonights dinner was a random concoction today…
Doesnt look appetizing but its reminiscent of thanksgiving in some small way…

Its costco pre-cooked chicken sliced sauteed in garlic butter with bacon bits, diced mushrooms and chopped, dried unsweetened cranberries i made yesterday with 2 tbsp creamy goat cheese melted in and stirred and finished off with 1 tbsp heavy cream, salt and pepper.

Not sure what led me to devise this but it tastes great!

(Heather Meyer) #3069

Do your guys dennys make their eggs with pancake batter? Or do you have to request fresh whole eggs? There was an issue out here with that where i am in BC

(Heather Meyer) #3070

If you want to get fancy… you can call them “blistered tomatoes”

Thats what “The Keg” restraunt calls them. Not sure if you have a keg restraunt but its fine dining…personally i dont know if i can get past the word “blistered” when thinking about food.

But… on the other hand…now you have a reason to charge anyone you serve them to- an extra $5 per meal

(Ketoing to health & happiness) #3071

Thanksgiving was keto friendly (turkey, pecan brussel casserole, ketofied stuffing, sugar free homemade cranberry sauce) except for the mulled spice apple cider! Was extremely happy and satisfied and now I have leftovers for breaking my 18 hour fast today!

Chopped, unsweetened cranberries - those rock in many dishes. This sounds like a great dish, I would love it!

They do indeed “blister”. They are delicious, last local harvest and not entirely ripe but almost, and they are perfect for this. Just ate the last ones last night, so good.

Lunch… Bacon, Eggs, Scrapple and Ham.

IMG_6261

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #3075

Forgot to take a pic but lunch today was leftover turkey (all dark meat :yum:), bacon, and kale

(Jane) #3076

Frittata, bacon and salad at a local breakfast place in Houston.

Dinner… Couple Cheddar Burgers, Mushrooms and Broccoli.

IMG_6263

(Bacon for the Win) #3078

love this recipe, my husband makes it frequently!

(Heather Meyer) #3079

Lunch today

110 grams cooked chicken breast with 1 tbsp basil pesto and 1 tbsp heavy cream with 1/4 melted cheese on top

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #3080

So, somewhere under all those brussels sprouts is a 200 g steak. Which for a steak in China is CHONKY. It was nice and thick and cooked nicely browned on the outside and pink/raw on the inside.

This is the first time I’ve cooked Brussels sprouts. (I think :thinking:, don’t quote me.) I remember hating them as a child, and hating steak. I honestly don’t know if that is because of childish taste buds or my mother’s cooking skills. She made many things I liked, so I’m leaning toward the former. And, knowing that I really do like steak and sprouts, I’m faced with the possibility that I may like liver after all… but that is an existential crisis for another day. My cousin-in-law made life changingly good sprouts one time and I accused her of voodoo. But I accomplished these (70% as good as hers) with no spells involved. I’m super impressed with myself that I achieved 70% as good anything, the woman is a culinary artist.

Looks delicious!

I especially like the painterly placement of the fork and knife. Indeed, a work of art!

(Laurie) #3082

That’s nice that you successfully cooked a vegetable that you hadn’t liked.

Also, congratulate yourself on cooking a good steak, which can be tricky. My mother always wrecked steaks, and I never understood why others considered steak to be good food. When I got a job cooking in a camp, I was required to cook steaks twice a week. Uh-oh. Joy of Cooking to the rescue (again).

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #3083

The cutlery placement was not inadvertent. Thank you for noticing.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #3084

Right‽‽‽‽ It must be one of those things you got or you don’t, and perhaps skips a generation.

You’re giving me great flashbacks, @Ruina; cutlery placement and Interrobangs!

Ah, those were the days…
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #3086

180273B7-FD34-4A5A-9003-882497C5DF38