What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

With solid meat products, very light searing takes care of the bacteria clinging to the surface, which is where all the bacteria tend to be. Ground meat, however, will have bacteria throughout.

I really don’t know if immunity to these can be developed. I do miss the steak Tartare mom used to serve, but these days I would have to buy a huge chunk, sear the outside, cut that off and reserve for other meals, and grind the steak myself. I would feel safe doing that. I don’t have a meat grinder or I would be prone to doing that.

(Alex ) #2803

I’m intrigued by this! I mean I eat steak rare by default and always have my burgers quite pink, but wouldn’t delve further into raw consumption myself. For me the texture and temperature would be a lot to get over.

Fair play to you though!

(Tracy) #2804

My thoughts exactly. I told him I enjoy seeing his menu because it’s not every day you see someone eat raw hamburger.

(Laurie) #2805

I don’t buy Zevia any more. But in my opinion all the flavors were good–except the cola.

(Bacon for the Win) #2806

Jalapeno Shrimp Hushpuppies

image image image

(Jody) #2807

And that’s fair, i understand it isn’t for everyone. I much prefer the texture of the raw meat.

:beers:

Dinner and OMAD… Snack plate

IMG_5970

Followed by a Sous Vide Delmonico…

IMG_5972

Finally, some Dungeness Crab…

IMG_5973

Look, @kyarn, I did it! I forgot what you called them, so I’m just going with:

Eggritos :man_shrugging:

I filled mine with taco meat and cheese. :yum:

(Tracy) #2810

They look great! I hope you enjoyed them. From this day forth they shall be called “Eggritos”.

YES! :raised_hands:

(What else is there to talk about?) #2812

:raised_hands: Raw meat for the win! I love all types of tartar but also beef sashimi and raw lamb filet.

Have you ever tried Lebanese cuisine? If you have a local restaurant and you haven’t been you should try it. I think you’d enjoy It. For sure they’ll have raw ground and filet of lamb on their menu. The ground does have some bulgar in it though so maybe you could save it for a heavier carb day.

And some restaurants will serve raw lambs liver served with cubes of fat, and onions, traditionally for breakfast, but it is harder to find.

(What else is there to talk about?) #2813

You should try chopping up the beef small cubes and then dress it like it’s tartar. It would be equally delicious!

(What else is there to talk about?) #2814

Your dishes always look amazing!

(Roberta Worley) #2815

What does psyllium husk taste like and can I get your recipe for the egg wrap?

(Jody) #2816

We do have Greek / Lebanese restaurants here and I have eaten there MANY times. But they are a little more … American so a lot of what you are mentioning isn’t on the menu. I have eaten at a more authentic one once, but at that time, I wasn’t eating keto/carnovire, so I didn’t try the “good stuff”. When I get a chance and find a place, I won’t make that mistake again!!

(Butter Withaspoon) #2817

Oh my Tracy, that falling apart meat, those fat soaked turnips, looks delicious!

It’s a very rainy wet weekend so I’m back with the fatty beef bones browning in the pan with salt, then turning into broth. Here is my first and third bowls with peas from my garden to garnish. Such a thick layer of golden fat on top and so savoury delicious. Poached a duck egg in the third bowl too.

Chicken and Cream Cheese Chaffles

for breakfast

It has no flavor, but it turns to a kind of gel when wet. It’s a good binder in general, and widely used to regulate digestion. It is a fiber supplement. I use it in gravies etc too, and chaffles.

(Candy Lind) #2820

True, that it’s not advisable unless you saw the whole cut of meat ground (or trust your butcher implicitly). Since I don’t have a butcher I trust, no raw for me. I’ve thought about doing the frozen raw liver “pellets” I’ve heard suggested for nutrient value. But that puts more work on my plate that I’m not up for at the moment.

Lunch… Fried Eggs, Bacon, Sausage patties and links.

IMG_5975