What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Tracy) #2782

Too bad I don’t like liver. I used to eat it when I was a kid along with hearts and gizzards, but I didn’t know they were organs. I just can’t get past it as an adult.

(Tracy) #2783

I’ve learned that when you make an egg scramble, you have to cook the eggs about 80% first, then throw in your precooked goodies. Otherwise the liquid egg coats everything and it’s hard to get it all cooked through. I’m slow to learn this because I ate pancakes my whole life.

Dinner and OMAD… 2 Swiss Burgers, with Mushroom, Onion and Bacon sitting on top Lettuce and Tomato. Also Hard Salami, Ham, Pepperoni, Cheese, Pickles & Olives. Root Beer Zevia & Almonds.

IMG_5968

(Jody) #2785

Thursday OMAD:

8oz Turkey w/ Bacon on Cheddar Wrap (Mayo, mustard, ketchup, lettuce)
8oz Roast Beef on Cheddar Wrap (Mayo, mustard, ketchup, lettuce)
Quest Sour Cream and Onion Protein Chips*
Sardines in water
Coconut Yogurt

Not pictured

1c cottage cheese
2c cashew milk

• The picture shows Cheddar and Sour Cream chips, but my wife took them and I got Sour Cream and Onion.

(Tracy) #2786

I’ve been drinking Zevia lately and the grocery store I go to sells them individually so I can try all the flavors. So far my favorite is grape. I’m going to try cream soda tomorrow.

(Butter Withaspoon) #2787

“Am I not pretty enough?..
Am I brown and greasy?..” :notes:

No pics today, it’s messy and half eaten. Still enjoying a lot of garden produce. Snow peas are great!

Grape is my Wife’s favorite as well. … For me, I’ve always liked Cream Soda, but Root Beer is another one a lot of folks like. For what they are, I think they are all pretty good overall and it’s a nice way to get some flavor. The Orange I don’t think went over too well, at least they weren’t a favorite here. The only one I don’t think we’ve tried at our store is the Cola? Black Cherry, Dr. Zevia are also not bad, but the Grape and Cream is mostly the norm the Wife picks up to have around the house.

(Tracy) #2789

Pot Roast with turnips. I only eat them about 2 times a year. Such a great substitute for potatoes. My blood sugar only got up to 105 after I ate them so I’d say there wasn’t any harm.

(Candy Lind) #2790

Yesterday was my birthday ribeye, with broccoli and a huge romaine wedge salad with bacon, tomatoes, blue cheese dressing AND crumbles! Too busy eating to get a pic!

We decided we were both hungry for “traditional breakfast” this morning - eggs (mine blindfolded, his scrambled with the meat & cheese, plus pico de gallo), patty sausage, bacon, and I wanted a chaffle to sop up my yolks.

(Candy Lind) #2791

I would have, too! :rofl: I need to check these out.

(Alex ) #2792

@Jody22

Am I reading this right, you eat your meat raw? Or am I getting confused?

(Ashley) #2793

Happy birthday :slight_smile:

Happy belated birthday! Glad you enjoyed your dinner!

(Jody) #2795

I have a monthly subscribe and save w/ Amazon for 24pk of Zevia Root Beer. lol

(Jody) #2796

it worked out, I like the Sour Cream and Onion a little more anyway

(Tracy) #2797

Happy Birthday!

(Jody) #2798

nope, you got it 100% correct. In fact tonight I will be having the raw “hamburger” meal again like I posted above.

I also have raw liver (beef / chicken), beef heart, and even had raw pig brain.

I don’t always eat meat raw … But quite often.

(Alex ) #2799

@Jody22
blimey! is this all coming from a traditional slaughter / butcher path? Just thinking about what gets pumped into meat here if you buy it from a retail / store type place?

Slow roasted pork loin and mushrooms.

(Jody) #2801

Some of it (mainly the organ meat) comes from a local farm/butcher. The ground beef / steaks and such are general store bought.

Though, I have eaten store bought beef/chicken liver