What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Jody) #262

And I could say the same for <pick a vegetable/plant>. How many ways can you make broccoli look good? I boiled it today, I cooked it in butter, I covered it in cheese.

I disagree, most times the color has been cooked out, they look wilted and washed out. But either way, this is a thread about what you eat and not a thread to find the next Anne Geddes

BUT, when you ARE an admin and have the admin badge, you are always representing the admins, and to put someone done for their food choices/pictures is not appropriate behavior. The fact that you have to say that very phrase, means you KNOW wasn’t exactly right.

This thread has been fun and friendly until I feel that you have called me out and put down on my food choices/pictures. You don’t need to see another raw animal liver photo … you got it. I just won’t post anymore in this thread. Thanks for taking the fun and friendliness out of this particular thread.

And yes, I realize you didn’t actually use my name, but how many other people eat raw liver from several animals ?!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #263

I am very sorry. That was not my intention. And I’m glad you made me aware of how my words made you feel.

The purpose of this thread is to show the wide variety of what people eat in this lifestyle. Your posts are very welcome.

I do think it is unfair to give me the power that you have. The admins are here for the same reason you are. We are here for support too. We appreciate the site and have volunteered to help out out of appreciation. That’s it. The fact is I do often hold my tongue because I am aware of the power of that badge. I still feel like I have the right to my opinion. I would never tell you or anyone else not to post photos of your food. And a have learned from your photos. I still think it’s okay for me to scroll past. You can scroll past any ugly overcooked broccoli you want to as well.

I hope that you can still find this a welcoming and fun place.

(Jody) #264

I didn’t give you any power … the badge you have did that. It doesn’t matter if you volunteered or not, as an admin, you are automatically looked up to as someone in power / higher level / leader.

you do 100% have the right to scroll past anything. And when you scroll past it, i never knew and never had any feelings about it. But then this happened …

THAT is very specific, pointed and directed … and that is where I have my issue. Not that you scrolled passed my (or any other members) photos.

Jody, admins are people, too. They have opinions and preferences just like the rest of us. They just have some added responsibilities pertaining to forum maintenance. It’s not like they are presidents or chancellors or anything like that, more like voluntary janitors, cleaning up behind us.

If you take away their ability to express themselves, you take away their joy and motivation in the forum. The forum is here for all of us to enjoy and to learn and to voice our opinions. Please don’t take that away from people.

(Jody) #266

@velvet Feel free to skip the ADMIN part, that was still a pointed, targeted and very specific attack on someone posts. Admin or not … don’t like it scroll on no need to call people out and mage negative comments.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #267

@Jody22 This thread is all about personal preferences. My attitude is that other people’s preferences have very little to do with me, and that “live and let live” helps me get safely through the day. These days, everyone’s tense and worried, and it can be hard not to take things personally.

We admins take our jobs seriously, and we do understand the power of the badge. But we are also first and foremost human beings and members of the forum. If we mess up from time to time, well, screwing up is a fact of life. We do our best to put it right when we do.

Ruina made her comment (personally, it wouldn’t have bothered me, but it bothered you, and that’s fine), and when you objected, she also made her apology. Time to move on, buddy. If she can’t stand pics of raw liver, that’s not on you. You just post all the raw liver you want, and she and I will scroll past those pics, lol! You and we are just going to have to disagree about that. And hey, don’t expect me to look at pics of okra or beets, either. Yuck!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #268

And I am sorry about doing this.

Nibble plate: Cold corned beef, a dab of a mix of Chevre cheese and sour cream (velvety smooth and very tasty! I’ll try making it into a sauce by using sweet cream next time) avocado, pickled mushrooms, olives. Satisfying! Another pound lost, a total of 84 pounds gone. A pound a week, and delightful food, what’s not to love!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #270

Jody, I’m so sorry that my using the example of your meaty OMADs as something I genuinely look forward to has led to this upset. That was absolutely not my intention. The beauty of this thread is its sheer variety, and I love to see your pics.

Some food doesn’t look good at all, things my husband used to call “goupe de mélange” or “slum gullion”, plates with mixed ingredients that look bad but taste heavenly. The description of the ingredients makes the pic mouthwatering anyway.

I don’t eat raw liver or raw meat as a whole (except steak Tartare if I could trust a source) and it’s not fun to look at, nor is sauerkraut and some other things, but I understand and like the health benefits and am glad that people enjoy them. It’s not a judgement of the poster, it’s an expression of personal tastes of the reader. In other words, no reason to take it personal, you be you and they can be them. We can all be equally happy with our choices and proudly post them, whether everyone else likes them or not. You just go on being you!

(Jody) #272

@velvet @PaulL @Ruina

Don’t focus too hard on the admin part … just the fact that someone’s choices were put on BLAST is where the major problem is for me. You don’t like a picture of a food / plate … scroll on and let it go. No need to make sarcastic comments.

And you can’t say that wasn’t sarcastic. You feel that way, do what you used to do and just scroll on.

Now … Having said that … maybe I overreacted to it, but I think the sarcastic comment along with feeling targeted is what casued my displeasure. I am willing to let it go, an apology was made so we can just move forward.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #273

I was speaking only about my own steaks.

I very rarely pop in but it’s nice to scroll back and see all this variety and often beauty! :slight_smile:
I have some slight aversion against making pics since several years (I am lazy and I am no photographer but I have standards… while everyone and their mother started making photos, I stopped) but if I start again, I surely will bring some carnivore photos :smiley: Probably without meat, being me… I eat meat but I rarely make them pretty, I didn’t even ate a proper steak before but I probably wouldn’t be a fan, they are extremely pretty though, I could look at meat pictures for long! :smiley: But I like colors as well. Raw vegetables and fruits are usually pretty. Lots of plant dishes are quite ugly, of course but we don’t need all our food to be super pretty. And some people like to show their food for various reasons even if it’s not much to look at… That’s fine too. I like variety, be it dishes or people. I just prefer pretty stuff. Or interesting or something that gives me ideas… But it’s very easy to look and scroll away and the quality and variety doesn’t even seem to be bad here.
Just my opinion, no idea why I even wrote anything. I really should bring some photos already! We will see.

(Jody) #275

Ok, I am getting some personal messages so I thought I would explain why I was so upset with the posts earlier …

I used to weigh over 400lbs and I know people would talk about, laugh at, or comment on my plates or food choices. So I lose over 1/2 my body weight, come to a place where we are all supposed to be supportive and non-judgemental … and get put on blast for my food choices (or at least FELT I was). So yeah, maybe she hit a sensitive nerve.

Having said that, I apologize that I got as offended as I did. Yes, @Ruina apologized and now I have as well. At this point, it should all be resolved and we can move forward to the foods with the following takeaways:

• Comments (especially of a more negative tone) can hit raw nerves, hit people on a bad day, or just in general be taken poorly. Maybe think twice before being too negative.

• When a [negative] comment IS made, take a step back and try NOT to take it personally (unless you are DIRECTLY called out BY NAME. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

SO, I have admitted I overreacted and apologized and Ruina apologized … so let’s get back to food!!

(Jody) #276

As a Ribeye bone (I don’t do olive branches :rofl: ) here is Wednesdays OMAD:

3 x 1/3 lb [GF/F 70/30] beef patties, 6x eggs w/ 2oz of mozzarella cheese, and 4oz of hog head cheese.

I love this thread because it allows me to see all the different ways people make keto work for them. I get ideas, I personally love variety and try to accommodate different flavors in my meals. I love to try new flavors. But mostly I stick to a lot of meat and take all my carbs in veggies and some dairy. Chaffles still fit that profile but feel like a grain carb for some reason. I love them, too.

Beautiful plates are more enjoyable to look at, but often I get ideas from less spectacular presentations. It’s all good, fun and useful.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #278

Wow, that was tense! Are we all going nuts in quarantine? :joy::joy::joy: I thought I had started the ball rolling when I challenged Ruina to show us the meat. I’m glad all my friends have calmed down! :disappointed_relieved::cowboy_hat_face:

Sauerkraut, sausage, IP chuck (my husband got most of the portion with an onion+cream sauce, the steaks were small), veal liver.

A little spring from my MiL’s garden and a little bit of
Tara :slight_smile:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #280

Awwwww, #flowergirl :bouquet:

(Susan) #281

@Jody22 I am a little late in saying this, I know I should let sleeping dogs lie. But I just have to say your pics have given me the courage to eat rare chicken hearts and livers (they never tasted so good) and put beef heart in my stew. Thank you.