What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Candy Lind) #2762

Now see, Alex, here’s another use for your “grill” - you could cut that chicken in half lengthwise, put it on a baking pan, drop some butter on it, then put it under your grill at 230 until the skin gets brown and crispy!

Better yet, skip the butter, use maybe some salt and whatever spices you like if any, add some water to the pan and it will come out with crispy, crackling skin. I love crispy chicken skin.

(Alex ) #2764

It’s decent Tracy, give it a go, I’m 45 and always learning new tricks in the kitchen, ahem :smiley:

(Ashley) #2765

This made me lol about the firing! Thank you for the laugh today!

Aww, you’re so welcome, Ashley!
It warms my heart, knowing this. :slight_smile:

Dinner earlier before running out to at least cut the backyard before loosing light… Basically leftovers… Pulled Pork, Coleslaw, Deviled Eggs and Egg Salad. Then a bowl of Chicken, Shrimp & Sausage, and lastly some Hard Salami, Cheese, Pepperoni and Palmetto Cheese with bacon. Also Root Beer Zevia.

IMG_5950

IMG_5951

IMG_5952

(Jody) #2768

I know this is not everyone’s thing … but man it was SO good!

Tuesday OMAD:

1lb raw ground beef “hamburgers” on cheese wraps (w/ Mayo, SF Ketchup, Mustard, thin sliced onion, lettuce, pickle and tomato), quest BBQ protein chips, Two Good mango/hibiscus yogurt. Later 1 cup cashew milk.

(Tracy) #2769

I love seeing you eat raw meat because that’s not something I get to see everyday. Is it healthier raw?

A recent OMAD: Pastrami, baby swiss, avocado and blueberries and strawberries in heavy cream.

And yesterday’s OMAD: Salmon, asparagus, mushrooms and nuts.

I was hovering around 217 pounds for a month, due to it being “fruit month”, when pears, plums and grapes ripen in my garden. This ended 10 days ago, and now I am around 207. That means only 7 pounds until the original goal - 200. It also means 113 pounds shed. For me, feeding a stall for a week or two, followed by OMADs, always does the trick to get things moving again.

Lunch… Pulled Pork, Coleslaw, Cheese, Pepperoni, Deviled Eggs, Sardines, Pickles, Olives, Black Cherry Zevia and Iced Tea. Also ate a dozen Smokehouse Almonds.

IMG_5953

(Jody) #2773

“Healthy” would be questionable to most. There is a lot of concern about bacteria and such. [Knock on wood] to date, I have never gotten sick. One benefit is that is it easier to digest, but really I just like the taste!

(Tracy) #2774

I say more power to you, friend. You’ve saved cooking time for sure.

(Tracy) #2775

This is my favorite pizza recipe considering the ease and how low in carbs it is. If you have a half sheet pan (12x17) you can make a large pizza by processing 8 eggs and 8 oz of cream cheese in a blender. If you only have a 1/4 sheet pan or a casserole dish, use 4 eggs and 4 oz of cream cheese. You DO NOT want this to be a thick crust. I sprinkle a little shredded parmesan on the batter to give it more structure and some flavor right before I put it in the oven - optional. Blind bake the crust at 350 for 30 minutes on parchment. Now you have a crust to top anyway you want. I use pesto for my sauce to avoid the carbs in tomato sauce. I usually bake it with the toppings for about 15 minutes at 425.

IMG_2720

Dinner from earlier I forgot to post… Couple Cheese Burgers with Sour Cream, Greek Yogurt and some Coleslaw. Also had a dozen Almonds and a Cream Soda.

IMG_5966

(Tracy) #2777

Dave, do you eat a few meals a day or just one big meal? I don’t think I can eat one big meal like a lot of people do and fast the rest. I have to have 3 meals a day.

(Neil) #2778

The morning cheese board:

The goat gouda pairs very well with honey, so I brought out a trio of different honeys to try. The one imported from Italy was my favourite.

Pizza omelette for breakfast to try out a fancy new tomato paste that just arrived, also from Italy. I was trying to use up a few little bits and pieces of cheese left over from various other things, so this ended up being a five-cheese blend with a mix of cow, goat and sheep cheeses. Delicious! Better than many “real” pizzas I’ve had.

Baking the crust:

After adding the toppings:

Dinner was liver with caramelized onions, balsamic mushrooms, bacon, and figs. It was the best liver dish I’ve ever had. Definitely making this again some time!

(Bacon for the Win) #2779

There’s a burger under there somwhere!

image image

I do either OMAD or TMAD, and I like to mix it up between the two. Like yesterday, I did two meals, today I’m only doing one. So I don’t like to do either one on a regular basis, which starts to feel like its more, ‘scheduled’. So by mixing it up, it keeps the system guessing. And this has worked well for me.

But yep, I can easily do one large meal and just not eat for the next 24 hrs. for a nice IF. To be honest, I actually enjoy/prefer this most the time. But I’ve read doing this too often, or predominantly, can slow your metabolism. So I do try to keep it mixed up. Plus, a lot times with doing OMAD, I’ll simply end up just Fasting, which I consider anything over 24 hrs. And consider IF to be anything below 24 hrs. … But again, this is just how I like to look at it myself. I know some don’t like to differentiate the two. :slight_smile:

Seems a lot of folks are hiding those Burgers here lately. Easy to do when you add all the goodies.