What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

That could actually be a game… Find the Hamburger. :smile:

(Bacon for the Win) #2743

This was probably the first time we had pork chops that weren’t dry. Definitely recommend the sous vide for them.

(Alex ) #2744

Ok, technically this was last night, but I forgot to post it up, or I started the post and didn’t press enter properly.

Incidentally, I’ve recently discovered the art of finishing off cooking my omelettes under a grill? Never done this before until recently. My omelettes were that full of toppings and cheese, when I was trying to fold them in the pan, they were falling apart.

The grill thing is a total game changer, and makes the eggs all fluffy and pizza like!

This particular one is sausage, bacon and cheddar, cooked in coconut oil!

(Alex ) #2745

… and also some of these!

(Candy Lind) #2746

Did you roast that all together? Did the tomatoes and mushrooms get mushy/leathery before the radishes were done?

(Candy Lind) #2747

Alex, do you mean under a broiler? I like the “crisp” i can see around the edges.

And where did you get that brand of cracklins? I don’t think I’ve ever seen them. (NM, you’re in UK, aren’t you?)

(Alex ) #2748

Hi @CandyLindTX - I got the scratchings from Amazon, but yeah, I believe it’s a British brand, and I’m here in England.

The grill is basically the overhang electric grill inside my oven, the top bit… think we have different terminologies for grill here.

(Alex ) #2749

they are the best tasting / texture of pork scratching I have had so far…

(Candy Lind) #2750

OK, that’s what we call a broiler. :slightly_smiling_face: I might try that some time - looks kind of “frittata-ish.”

(Candy Lind) #2751

I was a bit put off by the dextrose in the ingredient list - but if/when I get to UK, I may have to try them.

I start them all together, but remove items onto a plate as I go. The plate gets covered with foil so stuff stays hot. It’s just the way I do it, I find it easier than timing when to add what.

(Candy Lind) #2753

I guess it doesn’t matter whether you’re adding or subtracting if the result is the same. :wink:

(Alex ) #2754

I thought broil was boiling first then cooking in an oven?

I take it to mean applying intense heat from above, most ovens have a broiling option.

(Alex ) #2756

seriously did not know that!

(Candy Lind) #2757

Broiling here is putting a big ol’ porterhouse under a 450-500F (230-260C) degree flame and searing the outside while leaving the inside rare. Or putting a rare sous vide cut under the flame for a few minutes to crisp up the fatty edges.

Got up at 5:00 this morning and made a breakfast casserole for my co-workers.

Most had seconds, but one lady said, “I don’t eat eggs.”
I almost fired her on the spot! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
(she’s going to be retiring soon, so I let it go)

(Tracy) #2759

I’ve never tried this technique before. I’ve never been able to make a decent omelet in a pan so we got a griddle and make the egg extremely thin, add the ingredients and start rolling. It works well but I avoid pulling the griddle out. Thanks for the tip.

(Alex ) #2760

Ok, officially today’s keto… oven cooked belly pork with some garlic and chilli, and a whole chicken from the slow cooker… food for the next couple of days anyway… :wink:

Clearing out the fridge to make room for my new haul of foods. Ham, radish, mushroom and nuts (tasted good together!) and a green pepper filled with salsa and cheese. There are more of these peppers in my future!