What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Broke a Fast with a snack plate of sliced Ham, Hard Salami, Cheddar Cheese, Pepperoni and Palmetto Cheese with Bacon. Then some fresh Rotisserie Turkey with Mayo and Greek Yogurt.

IMG_5920

IMG_5922

(Karen) #2683

Dinner

(Tracy) #2684

I can’t believe I pulled off pop tarts and they actually taste good. I used crazy dough from gnome-gnom and filled it with blueberries.

(Jody) #2685

Wednesday OMAD:

4 x Air Fried Chicken Thighs and 10oz Boiled Shrimp. Not pictured 2 servings of mixed nuts and 1 cup Cashew Milk.

Sadly, because of the nuts, I won’t eat my rebel ice cream. We haven’t kept nuts in the house in a while, but my wife went to Walmart hungry … so there you go. :roll_eyes:

They look legit :heart_eyes:

(Tracy) #2687

They were a little too good. I don’t want to get myself into a habit of keeping them around since it has berries. If you notice one has more of a yellow color because I replaced the coconut flour with Lupin Flour as an experiment and I couldn’t tell the difference. That saves a few carbs. I also used this dough for pigs in a blanket and ham & cheddar hot pockets.

(Jane) #2688

Was the replacement of coconut flour with lupin 1:1?

(Jane) #2689

Homemade sour cream from buttermilk I cultured :smiley:

(Tracy) #2690

No. Lupin Flour has to be doubled. So if you’d normally use 1/4 cup coconut flour in a recipe, use 1/2 cup lupin. If you plan on making the crazy dough I do have a tip - roll it between two pieces of parchment otherwise it falls apart. Also you can’t eat the stuff you make straight out of the oven or it’s really crunchy. I let them sit in the fridge or at room temp for about 30 minutes. I’m not sure why there is such a huge difference in texture but it softens up like a real bread product.

(Tracy) #2691

This is excellent. I used to drink kefir by adding the “grains” to milk. People are buying keto yogurt and paying absurd prices for it. All you have to do is ferment some heavy whipping cream. You’ll grow so many kefir grains you’ll have to give them away or compost them. The more whey you remove the thicker it becomes. I was able to make cheese out of whole milk. I bet HWC would make some really rich cream cheese.

Lunch… Sausage, Bacon, Turkey, Boiled Eggs, Sardines, Deviled Ham, Smoked Vienna’s, Cream Soda Zevia, Iced Tea and Almond Milk. Also had 2 squares of Ghirardelli and some Almonds.

IMG_5923

I wonder about dairy prices elsewhere… Whipping cream (we don’t even have fatty enough ones to be called heavy) is kind of expensive, sour cream is way way less expensive and yogurt and kefir even more so… And good sour cream is everywhere, Hungarian kitchen uses it galore and it goes with almost everything if you ask me… I am a huge sour cream lover but I can’t afford all that fat and probably the lactose either so I use it sparingly (I don’t know why I bother as my weight is the same, no matter how I eat. well, I still don’t want to eat unnecessarily much…). Even my pancakes contain it when I don’t have mascarpone (another more expensive item).

Brilliant photos, people! I especially adored all the cheese and meat :smiley:

I do Zornfast now and didn’t make any visibly interesting things lately. But I have perfect (flat but it’s fine for me) sponge cakes now. Only eggs (I mean it, 100.0% eggs) so it’s neutral and go with so many things. I like simplicity.
And I found out the right amount of whisky for my ice cream (it stayed soft enough for the first time!) and that walnuts are nice in it, not only chocolate. I do it again soon and make a photo before I jump into my carnivore November.

Dinner… 20 hr. Sous Vide Delmonico Steak with Fried Brussel Sprouts. Salad w/ Bacon & Cheeses.

IMG_5928

IMG_5930

(Tracy) #2695

Burritos. I used my psyllium husk & egg wrap and threw in all the taco goodies.

(Bacon for the Win) #2696

noodle bowl with Zoodles instead of noodles. Guess that makes it a Zoodle bowl.

Ah, all those years of chemical engineering have paid off, I see. :wink:

How do you get those so perfect? My psyllium husk just clumped up and wouldn’t mix with the egg. :man_shrugging:

(Jane) #2698

LOL. You should see the wine and mead the mad scientist in me used to cook up when I had lots of honey from my hives!!!

Yeah, made the traditional meads out of fruit juices… then veered off into tomato wine… jalapeño wine… I fermented them in the same cabinet we kept the cereal in (in my ignorant days) for my youngest. He would peer in there when he grabbed his breakfast and ask what was bubbling. I told him he didn’t want to know LOL.

(Tracy) #2699

Darren, are you using whole psyllium husk? I just wisk the devil out of them as soon as I add the husks. I let it sit for about 3 minutes or so to soak up some egg, then fry like a crepe. I use them for just about everything from wraps, enchiladas, to noodles.

Well, that’s a good question. And after looking it up, I’m still not sure I can answer it. :slight_smile:
This is what I’m using:

I will admit though, I didn’t let it sit. I just whisked it with a fork for a little bit, and then poured it into the pan. I love the idea, but if I can’t figure out this clumping problem, I’d rather not bother.

(Tracy) #2701

That’s the powder friend. I have some and tried it once and never used it again. This is what you need. I get it on amazon and it’s pretty cheap.