What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Candy Lind) #2637

It depends how good it is! :rofl:

Could you show us where this is on a chicken anatomy chart? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I found squeeze guacamole for the truck! Nice clean ingredient list, says it stays green for up to ten days.

Sorry that’s sideways - I tried three different times and it wouldn’t download correctly.

(Laurie) #2638

You know, the chicken things!

(Tracy) #2639

If my kids eat them, you know the keto factor is undetectable.

These chicken tenders were breaded with half Lupin Flour and half whey protein powder. I added the usual spices you would to fried chicken. I made my “funny mustard sauce” with liquid allulose, paprika, garlic powder, ACV, and whole grain mustard. You can also add mayo for a creamy texture.

Wife and I are on Day 22
(UsedToBeT2D) #2640

Who says Keto is boring?
Left over beef cheek, scrambled eggs with grape tomatoes and chives. Hint: use sour cream in your eggs instead of heavy cream…

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2641

Taco soup :bowl_with_spoon: one portion for lunch tomorrow, and the rest I’ll freeze for lunch throughout the rest of the week

(UsedToBeT2D) #2642

How much Bacardi goes in that soup?

Wow, @kyarn, those look amazing!

I did my own chicken tenders yesterday, but not as fancy as yours. I just dipped these in egg and covered them with crushed pork rinds mixed with almond flour. I’m definitely going to give your recipe a try!

Ah, a keto staple. :slight_smile:

(Laurie) #2645

Mmm, I used to make pork cutlets, dipped in egg and crushed pork rinds. Heavenly.

(Tracy) #2646

I always used pork rinds for breading until I discovered Lupin Flour. Pork rinds are delicious and crunchy, but lupin tastes like the regular version of tenders. Plus my kids will eat them.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2647

The whole bottle :crazy_face::joy:

Lunch a little while ago… Wife made Cabbage Lasagna, I added some Ham, Hard Salami, Swiss, Pimento Cheese with bacon and Cottage Cheese.

IMG_5892

IMG_5894

(UsedToBeT2D) #2649

I figured it was a side dish.

(Neil) #2650

Did somebody say… cheese? Pictured here: Stilton with apricots on the left, Cypress Grove Midnight Moon on the right. Served with some German honey that my sister-in-law gave us; it was a nice addition to the goat cheese.

I’m super excited about my new “combi” steam oven, which just arrived a few days ago and got put to use for the first time making Thanksgiving dinner. Ignore the fact that here you see it warming up a ham and cheese croissant; I promise it was also used to prepare more Keto-friendly fare later.

Bacon-wrapped turkey breasts for me and my wife’s family:

Served with… mashed sweet potatoes topped with candied pecans:

…and a fall harvest salad of pears, feta, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and a maple dijon balsamic vinaigrette:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :slight_smile:

Dinner… Couple Bacon Cheese-Burgers with Lettuce, Tomato and Mushrooms on the side. The Wife also asked if I would eat some Lima beans with her. But though I wasn’t ever a big fan of them, I really hadn’t had any in so long I went ahead and ate about 4 bites or so and the Girls got the rest mixed into their meal. … We also shared a pint of Triple Chocolate Rebel she picked up earlier.

IMG_5895

IMG_5896

IMG_5897

Hi Kyarn. Which brand of whey protein powder do you prefer? Thanks

(Tracy) #2654

I found some called Stript Whey on Amazon. It was the lowest in carbs and has no other ingredients.

Feasted some today… Ate a piece of the Cabbage Lasagna from last night, while waiting for Dinner.
IMG_0130

Had steaks in the Sous Vide since last night. 2" Delmonico for me, and 1" Top Sirloin for the Wife.

IMG_5900 IMG_5901

I also ate some Dungeness Crab and then the other half of the Rebel the Wife and I shared. This time Peanut Butter/Fudge, instead of eating one each in just one night, we split it into two evenings.

IMG_5905 IMG_5907

(Tracy) #2656

Sliced Italian sausage, roasted veg, egg noodles made from whole psyllium husk & egg, tossed in pesto.

(Jane) #2657

Ok, so I have some lupin flour I bought over a year ago and didn’t like the recipe I bought it for. Couldn’t throw it out - might find another recipe that I like.

I ordered the whey protein you recommended (great ingredient list) to try those chicken tenders. I assume 50-50 ratio lupin/whey? How do you fry them? Oil, equipment, etc. I have an air fryer and a deep fryer full of solidified lard. Prefer the air fryer due to easy cleanup.