What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Dinner, today’s OMAD… Top Sirloin, and 4 - 1/4 lb. Beef Hotdogs, but for some reason, the image did not take? But had two with Cheddar and two with Swiss. Also 2 squares Ghirardelli and some Almonds.

IMG_5868

(Laurie) #2617

Felt hungry before driving home, bought a 100 gram (3.5 ounce) bag of pork rinds for a couple of dollars. Ate half while waiting for the ferry. Ingredients are pork rinds, lard, salt. An okay meal at 19 g fat, 1 g carbs, 28 g protein.

(UsedToBeT2D) #2618

Pork rinds, right. Danish no.

(Jody) #2619

Thursday OMAD:

2 cheese wrap sandwiches (1 x 8oz Turkey Breast / 1 x 8oz Roast beef) w/ Mayo, tomato, lettuce, 2 soft-boiled eggs, two good peach Greek yogurt, 1 bag Quest BBQ protein chips. Not pictured 4oz Cottage Cheese and 8oz Cashew milk.

Friday OMAD:

1lb raw (85/15) ground beef sitting on 6 cooked egg whites and 3 slices of Jarlsberg cheese w/ the 6 raw yolks on top, two good Greek yogurt. Not pictured 4oz cottage cheese and 8oz Cashew milk.

(Tracy) #2620

You ate raw hamburger meat? I can’t even handle a little pink in my cheeseburger. I’ll eat a rare steak though.

(Jody) #2621

I eat a LOT of meat (steak being one) / organs raw. I know it’s not everyone thing, but I love it.

(Butter Withaspoon) #2622

That Turkish egg and yoghurt dish looks amazing!

My mom’s Steak Tartare was delicious. It had the raw egg yolks, finely ground steak, finely chopped onions, a little parsley and I don’t know what all spices. She mixed it all up well and formed it into portioned patties. It was delicious.

Everything tastes good when bacon wrapped, nice and flavorful. The bacon usually doesn’t dominate but harmonizes well with everything. And it barely matters how you cook it, the meat or whatever inside is always nice and juicy.

(Butter Withaspoon) #2625

My signature dish with small tree :blush:

Cream duck egg yolk soup with beef and some garden produce and enough sharp cheddar grated on top to make all things delicious. I’ve never grown snow peas before - they’re good!

(Jane) #2626

Me too! Don’t know why I can eat a rare steak but need to have my hamburger cooked through.

(Bacon for the Win) #2627

this is the carnage left behind after a day-long fishing trip. My friend and I each had steamers and two steamed lobsters with drawn butter. In the lower right of the picture you can see my friend was smart enough to save some of the lobster meat for the next day. Not me, I plowed through it all.

(Tracy) #2628

The things you can do with these…

I use them as breading, dip them like chips in cauliflower hummus, smear cream cheese on them with everything bagel sprinkles, make “Rice Krispie” treats, and best of all - butter, sweetener, and cinnamon.

That’s my favourite cheese! I’ve never met anyone else who’s heard of it before :smiley:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2630

I happened to stumble upon these at Wegmans today (and by “happened to stumble upon,” I mean “I was looking for Rebel in the ice cream aisle” :joy:)

They are soooo good

Been setting up staff to work the coming storm this weekend and just made a Make-Shift Meal. … Took some Hamburger and cooked it up, while cooking up some Buttery Mushrooms. Added them together, added just a little Rao’s Marinara Sauce to wet it some and topped with layers of Pepperoni, Provolone, more Pepperoni, and lastly and baked for 18 minutes. Came out pretty good I have to say.

IMG_5885

From a medical stand point, that’s exactly right. The steak or any chunk of meat can only be contaminated on the outside, so that should be cooked, but the inside is fine to eat rare or raw. Hamburger on the other hand can be contaminated throughout.

Chances for contamination were a lot smaller when I grew up, the butcher butchered the animal himself and sold it in his shop, so only one person ever was around your meat, and you went there all the time, so he took good care of you and cared about your health. These were different times. If you want steak tartare today (and it really is delicious, it hits a special spot you never knew you had, so satisfying) You can buy a humongous steak, sear it and cut the seared parts off for other use. Then you can grind your steak very fine and proceed safely.

Dinner… Two small pieces of London Broil, 3 oz. Cottage Cheese and 3 oz. Greek Yogurt with Black Berries, and a Grape Zevia. Plus two squares Ghirardelli Dark Intense Chocolate.

IMG_5888

(UsedToBeT2D) #2634

Pork and beef ribs. Update in two hours.
I mostly eat the pork. My 2 beagles are on Carnivore diet, and they eat mostly the beef.

(Jane) #2636

Flat iron strak wraps. Low carb wraps.

I had some more steak w/o the wrap