What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Yeah, I find the Almond Milk does good as just something different, and it does remind me of Milk. So I don’t mind it being a bit watery. But I usually do the unsweetened Vanilla. … Greek Yogurt is good to me by itself, but I do throw in something here and there.

That looks scrumptious!

Presently Fasting, but made the Wife Steak and Fried Eggs, and then the Girls got their Top Sirloin and Scrambled Eggs.

IMG_5815

OMAD: beef liver, onions, roasted mixed nuts. Doesn’t look like much, but it was perfect. The liver was marinated in heavy cream and fried just right - tender, juicy and mild flavored. The onions mellowed and complimented the flavor. And fresh roasted nuts - always a winner. It hit a spot and there will be more dinners like that.

Fried Eggs with Fried Onions and Hamburger. Side of Bacon… Also had a Cream Soda Zevia, and 2 Squares Ghirardelli Dark Intense and some Salt & Vinegar and Smoke House Almonds.

IMG_5816 IMG_5817

IMG_5818 IMG_5819

(Karen) #2580

What spices are you using? You are right, it looks rather unfortunate, but might taste good.

(Karen) #2581

I love how your dishes are so colorful and leave the impression of the fruit and vegetables that are not part of keto and that are lacking visually when we cook keto

(Susan) #2582

I agree about their dishes being very pretty, I was thinking that myself (of course the food looks delicious too).

Thank you ladies. That particular dish is actually the platter, and thick bottom section of a fruit bowl set. V pulls it out when a “normal” plate may not hold the amount of food. But I was shooting for something that may replace an old favorite, Fried Eggs and Fried Potatoes. And the Fried Onions and Hamburger did quite well, but I still do miss the Fried Potatoes though. It’s really the main time I ate Potatoes.

Here’s some images showing the size difference. But it makes a nice plate when needed. :+1:
IMG_5820 IMG_5822

(Karen) #2584

Hahaha. Nice platter though. Potatoes… I haven’t found a good substitute. I tried Daikon radish and it was a miserable miss.

The eggs were inspiring though. I ended up with eggs and bacon for breakfast.

Yeah, I was never a “big” Potato fan overall to begin with. But did like the occasional Baked Potato, But always loved them with Fried Eggs, as well as Scalloped Potatoes in general. But I’m similar, I’ve done Scalloped Radishes, and we do put large Radishes in the slow cooker with a Roast. And yeah, they do work to a degree, but I do wish there was a better substitute for us. … Actually V’s cooking up a barrage of meats right now, and yep, now wishing there were some Fried Potatoes in the mix. :smile:

V made up some Breakfast Meats for lunch…
IMG_5826

My share this morning…
IMG_5828 IMG_5830

(Jody) #2587

Sunday OMAD:

4 x home smoked chicken thighs, 4oz oven roasted turkey breast w/ mayo and 1 slice of lite Jarlsberg cheese, can of sardines in water. Later 1/2 pint of Rebel Mint Chip Keto Ice Cream.

The skin had already been eaten on the upper left (10 o’clock position) chicken thigh … that’s why it looks different from the others, I was hungry and have been having trouble remember to get a picture. lol

BLTs

It’s been awhile since I’ve had one of these. :slight_smile:

(Butter Withaspoon) #2589

I feel like it’s a rude question, but did you really eat both those plates below your “my share this morning” comment? Because I’m impressed, and I think of myself as a good eater!

I’ve also noticed the endless brown of meat and muted colours of eggs :grinning: so I’ve made some effort to add colour in today’s pic. Duck eggs with onion and some home grown produce fried in reserved lamb fat (yay no wasted fat!) garnished with my cos heart

when I got home from the vegetarian keto house these lamb cutlets were calling me with their siren song. I had to laugh at my brown dinner after all those pretty coloured vegetarian meals…

Yep, that was my meal. The image with the Bacon and Sausage is actually a saucer, so not the same size, but 3 sausage and 5 or 6 Bacon. … And not rude at all. :slight_smile:

(Ashley) #2591

My lunch!

(Susan) #2592

Big Batch Cooking. Beef stew in the crock pot (with carrot sans potato). Chicken stirfry, Cauliflower casserole. Hamburger stew. It will go in the freezer for work meals.

(Jane) #2593

Salad and pork loin roast. Sous vide at 137 F for 6 hours then put in my smoker (hickory chips) for 2 hours.

Wasn’t sure if I was going to eat tonight, but decided to just do a OMAD and ate some breakfast foods for Dinner… Also tried a piece of the Chocolate Cheesecake I made the wife yesterday.

IMG_5834 IMG_5835