What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Hello, Camie! Thanks for asking!

Nothing fancy, really. Just guacamole on a chaffle. My chaffle recipe is pretty basic, and I like to make my guacamole with The Spice Gal’s Fiesta blend seasoning. Super simple.

Lunch… Top Sirloin, Small 2 oz. Sweet Potato, Cheese, Pepperoni, Egg Salad, Ham and Hard Salami. Also had a Coconut Bai, Tea and some Almonds. Gave the girls most of the Ham and Salami though.

IMG_5714

Advil didn’t seem to help my knee last night, so took some Percocet to see if that helps. Definitely eating today, but might go back to fasting tomorrow or Thursday.

(Neil) #2496

Some food from the last couple of weeks, now that the forums are back up again…

No food post of mine would be complete without some cheese, so here’s a log of goat cheese:

A lazy breakfast of poached eggs and hollandaise over skyr:

West African Chicken Stew with sunflower seed butter:

Braised eggs with green onions, feta, and za’atar, a slightly adapted version of a recipe from Ottolenghi:

A soufflé omelette:

And beef bourguignon in my Instant Pot:

(Jody) #2497

Monday OMAD:

8oz Beef Sausage, 8oz [85/15] Ground Beef, Mushrooms, Onions, Broccoli

Your food always looks so amazing! :heart_eyes: Do you use a recipe for the IP beef bourguignon? Your family must be over the moon when it comes to the foods you prepare.

(Neil) #2499

Aww, thank you! I roughly followed this recipe for the beef bourguignon:

Mini Chaffle Pizza

On the right is peperoni and black olives, with marinara sauce.
On the left is bacon and chicken, with ranch dressing.

One of those nights I had a huge pork steak and half a green pepper filled with cheese and salsa. I was going to use some lavache chips to dip, but ended up not doing that. It was delicious.

(Karen) #2502

And if you just have the put the ingredients on the paper there’s no bowl to recycle.

(Jody) #2503

Tuesday OMAD:

2 x [85/15] Hamburger patties on cheese wraps w/ mayo, lettuce, [SF] ketchup, mustard, pickles, onion and fried eggs (2 per burger). There was also a bag of Quest chips and one serving of Cottage Cheese (not pictured)

(Jane) #2504

Good point!

(Neil) #2505

Started the morning with another soufflé omelette. Getting better at these!

Lunch was my spin on a Japanese pork fried rice omelette, except instead of pork fried rice I just used sous vide pulled pork and fried bacon. I cooked the eggs in the bacon fat and topped the whole thing with Primal Kitchen barbecue sauce and mayo. Yummy!

Still feeling a bit wacky with the meds from the past couple days, and then started getting a headache, so just decided to eat a little something before leaving work early. (I have two Cheesecakes to make tonight) So called the Wife & asked her to drop a Steak in the Sous Vide, since I’m eating today… Smoked Vienna’s, Sardines in Mustard, Deviled Ham, Tea and a Root Beer Zevia.

IMG_5727

Slow roasted a chunk of beef yesterday - simple dinner of Roast Beef and cucumber last night.

Not pictured: horse radish, mayo, sour cream

Still taking Percocet, so still eating… Had the Wife throw in a Top Sirloin in the Sous Vide, and believe it was the last one? But a 24 oz., so I ate half, then V ate the other half. Also had some Mushrooms with it, Cauliflower with butter, some Almonds and a Cream Soda.

IMG_5729

Thanks for passing that along. I’ve earmarked it to make in the near future. My husband and I are traveling in our RV for a month out in the western states. This dish is perfect for traveling, and I have everything in my supplies to make this. Thanks again!

(Ashley) #2511

This may not look very good but it’s so easy to make and the most filling thing I eat. Ground beef, spices, cheese and sour cream. Full of fat and so so filling.image

(Jody) #2512

Thursday OMAD:

1lb [85/15] Ground Beef, Onions, Mushrooms, Spinach, 6 eggs, and [on the side] a can of sardines. Also, (not pictured) a serving of Cottage Cheese.

• it LOOKS smaller than my other “bowl meals” because it’s in a bigger bowl than I normally use. I wasn’t sure w/ the addition of the eggs it would fit in my normal bowl.

I made an adjustment to my diet (macros) so you might see a little difference … and maybe you won’t even notice. lol

No picture, but wanted to share what I had for dinner last night. My husband and I are on a month long RV trip visiting the western states. For the last few days we’ve been in the Denver, CO area where we used to live. One of my very favorite places to eat was a local pizza place that makes a Detroit style pizza. I told myself that when we get back to Denver I was going to have some. I’ve been keto/LC since around Last March, and have strayed very rarely. So, we ordered the pizza as a takeout and dug in. Wow…majorly disappointed. The flavor and texture of traditional crust failed to meet my expectations. Perhaps it was because it was takeout. The other item I had was a very tiny slice of chocolate layer cake with strawberry filling with strawberry cream frosting. Another big fail. Too sweet and I didn’t like the texture and mouth feel of the frosting. Overall the experience was very disappointing.

ETA; I was expecting the high carbs to disrupt my already disruptive digestion, but so far so good. But I have a headache and very stuffy nose this morning. So does my husband. I wonder if it’s related to what we ate last night. I know we are at higher elevation now, but we’ve been here for 3 nights with no issues and I used to live here up until 2.5 years ago so not feeling any usual higher elevation issues.

3rd night featuring the roast beef OMAD, there is still enough left over for one lunch, and I am not tired of it yet. It hits a spot. Last night is was accompanied by cukes, radishes, brie and lavache chips. The chips are so easy to make - I cut up half a lavache bread, popped it in the micro for 30 seconds, and then let it sit for a minute or two until crisp.