What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Karen) #2433

Hi Meerkatsandy did you scramble eggs into the mince beef?

(Doug) #2434

:+1::rainbow: Dave the rainbow lives at your place too. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Doug) #2435

Shrinkage. :slightly_frowning_face:

Baked for 15 minutes at 400°F/205°C.

(Candy Lind) #2436

Ain’t it the truth! I put my thick-sliced bacon slices hard up against each other, filling an entire jelly roll pan, and there’s hardly a place that one slice touches another when they are finished cooking.

Upside: I pour off a good solid cup of grease to save for cooking.

(Jody) #2437

Thursday OMAD:

6 scrambled eggs, 4 links mild Italian sausage (was raw … smoked it on my grill Sunday). 3 blocks of Lily’s bakers chocolate w/ zevia root beer later.

Yesterday’s brunch: 3 easy over eggs and some bacon.

Dinner was cold chicken, Russian eggs, cucumber, lettuce and strawberries in cream.

Yesterday’s dinner: just a quick cold chicken, cucumber and cream cheese stuffed celery. Didn’t feel like much after getting ready to evacuate if needed. I now live in a soup of grey with a bright orange sun swimming in it. Fires are close enough to be able to jump over the mountain if the winds pipe up, but not in immediate danger like last time, when fire came within a mile of me and I was under “be prepared to evacuate at a moment’s notice” orders. Decided to get ready ahead of time this year, last time it was frantic and I was frazzled.

On a bright note, this arrived this morning. Added some grapes from my arbor, breaking my rule of not bringing any fruit into the house. It’s too smoky to stand out there and graze, and they go too well with the Brie.

Although not planned, after getting slammed by a freakish flash flooding storm yesterday, that gave us nearly 5" of rain in less than an hour, I ended up not eating since I didn’t home until quite late. … Then spent today with my AD just followed up, staying busy going over everything. So I was doing another Fast, but after getting home, I was quite tired and feeling funky. So decided to try eating something.

With nothing set out since no one was planning on eating, I just pulled out some 1/4 lb. Hotdogs and a Delmonico Steak. (Wife split that with me and ate a couple 1/4 lb. dogs.) Added some Deviled Eggs.

IMG_5592 IMG_5593

IMG_5594

(Neil) #2442

Another feasting day, another Rogue Creamery cheese board. You can see that I’m slowly making my way through the wheel of Rogue River Blue! Will finish it in 1-2 more feasting days. It continues to be the highlight of these cheese boards. (Sorry, Oregonzola, you’re way outclassed by the Rogue River Blue.)

Simple OMAD today before work. Sorry if you were expecting something fancier! I had some pre-made burger patties from a local farm that I’ve been meaning to try. Most of them were beef/bacon and the rest were bison/bacon. These were disappointing overall; I much prefer the beef/bacon/mushroom burgers that I make myself from scratch.

I cooked the burgers sous vide, finished them by searing in a cast iron pan, and topped them with eggs fried in a butter/paprika mix.

I found these cheese wraps at Meijer and decided to give them a try. They were not worth having. I’m too much of a cheese snob!

No dessert today. Experimenting with my CGM to see how my blood glucose responds to OMAD and to not having anything sweet. Initial results are that the blood glucose response right after lunch was basically the same as it has been on other days, but my blood glucose returned to baseline faster than it usually does, and there hasn’t been a second spike associated with dinner (because there was no dinner!).

I have had quite a bit of Oregonzola and found it the closest to the Gorgonzola I used to have in Italy way back when. I haven’t had a chance to try the Rogue River as yet. Don’t buy lactose free cheese if you love cheese, you will be disappointed every time. I don’t know why, lactose free milk seems ok… You can make your own cheese wraps - roll softened cheese into a shape and done. I bet you’ll be happier with your own.

(Neil) #2444

Oh, I totally missed that it was lactose free! No wonder it was so bad. It was fake cheese. :unamused:

Lunch… Simply Fried Eggs & Sausage Links. But the wife was also making up some Chicken Thighs & Sweet Potatoes for the Girls, so I told her I would do a couple ounces of them with butter. (2 oz. - 12 g)

IMG_5596

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2446

Yes I tried those before. They were awful!

These are much better in my opinion. They actually taste like cheese.

https://crystalfarmscheese.com/cheese-wraps/

(Robin) #2447

Instant? Tell me more!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2448

No pics yet as it’s currently in a marinade, but I had some country style pork ribs in the freezer and I was in an Asian-inspired food kind of mood today. So I put them in a marinade of ACV, aminos, lime juice, toasted sesame oil, minced garlic, sriracha, and ground ginger. I’ll throw them in the instant pot later.

(Laurie) #2449

Mmm, country style pork ribs. I used to eat those all the time when I lived in West Virginia. Would you believe I’ve never ever seen them in Canada?

Dinner… Top Sirloin & Shrimp. Also Cream Soda Zevia and 2 Squares Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate

IMG_5598

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2451

Well that’s sad :cry: I love them!

Here’s the finished product, along with kale. Even my 11 year old picky daughter ate it - kale included!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2453

Rebel salted caramel with old bay sprinkled on top, because I’m in Maryland hon :wink: