What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Candy Lind) #2393

My hubby is bringing me home a big smoked pork chop, and now I’m hungry for a chili cheese dog! :rofl:

EDIT: the bbq place was out of pork chops AND ribs. TOTAL DESPAIR. :sob:

(Butter Withaspoon) #2394

Velvet- Those mushrooms look amazing!

Candy- are black chaffles still keto? :joy:

(Candy Lind) #2395

I don’t know - does carbon have carbs? :woman_shrugging: :rofl:

Since I’m planning on Fasting, and the Wife was running up to pick up some Water and a few other things, I decided to try one of @Jody22’s Rebel Ice Creams. She picked up Chocolate Chip Mint and Salted Caramel, so we ate half and half to try them, and they weren’t too bad. Though I don’t think I would want to eat them often, but I did want to try one.

Yeah, and it was actually quite good. I’ve always enjoyed Chili-Cheese Dogs too. So this hit the spot. :+1:

(Jody) #2397

I think that is the ONLY one I haven’t tried. lol. I love them. I put it in the microwave for 50 seconds to make it more creamy. Straight out of the freezer, it has a dryer (?), less creamy consistency. Next time you eat one, try to microwave it for a 20 or so seconds (since you have 1/2 left) … see if that makes a difference.!

Monday OMAD: 8oz 85/15 ground beef, 8oz Kiolbassa Smoked sausage, mushrooms, napa cabbage, onion, butter and seasoning.

(Mame) #2398

Ok, I found something hot pocket like last year and it was good. I think I kind of combined this: https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/keto-morning-hot-pockets
and
https://www.gnom-gnom.com/gluten-free-keto-calzone/

full disclosure: I have never eaten a boxed hot pocket in my life!

The cherry chip flavor is also a favorite of mine

Last night I had a smorgasbord of roast beef, turkey breast, salami, butter lettuce, sprouts, mozarella sticks, cucumber, radish and some strawberry. It was good.

Woke up to smoke billowing in my window. Apparently the smoke blew in from a fire that is far enough away from me not to be a danger, except to my compromised lungs. No gardening today, no outdoor time, surgical mask on to feed the Llama and ducks. Ugh! At least I don’t have to worry about burning to a crisp - yet.

(Candy Lind) #2400

I hope the wind changes!

(Laurie) #2401

I looked up Rebel ice cream. They say it isn’t available in Canada because they’d be required to use Canadian cream and eggs, which are too expensive because of price controls. I used to make my own low-carb ice cream, which was great. Pretty easy too, but I wouldn’t do it now.

Anyway, the website advised that you let the ice cream “sit out” of the freezer before serving: 15 minutes for regular ice cream or 5-10 minutes for lactose free varieties.

Much appreciate the info. :+ … Though I’ve indeed had a Hot-Pocket before, I couldn’t tell ya how many years ago that might have been? The Wife was always the one who really enjoyed them, and the one I made for her a while back she really enjoyed. But it done using the Fathead Dough, and I was looking at making something just a bit more flaky, or bready? … there is actually one I saw on Diet Doctor’s site a while back I planned to look into, but never did. If anything, it gives me a starting point when creating new stuff. I’ll post the link if I can find it real quick on their site…

I believe this is the one I looked at… I of course would stuff things like this with all sorts of stuff. But I wanted something form-able, like this one describes, but allows for a variety of options to play with.

Thanks, Laurie. Good to know and will pass the info along to the Wife and Son. Not sure if they were aware of this? But last night was the first time trying it. - They have done Halo-Top in the past, but it was a nice treat just for being something different I guess. :slight_smile: … And yep, not long after switching over to this WOE, I actually purchased an Ice Cream maker, that has only been used… twice since? I would much rather make some at home myself if you found a nice recipe. But I’m actually more into creating recipes for meals myself, but that does dip into Desserts from time to time as well.

Well, I can say it wasn’t that bad at all. But I’ve only tried the two now, so don’t have enough experience with them to truly say how well it compares to the other flavors… :+1:

Well. guess I should have worded that a bit better… We actually ate half of each, meaning we both ate half of each one, hence they are no longer with us, and both, gone. :smile:

But I will pass along what you mention about letting them sit out beforehand. As Laurie mentioned above, that even their own website has suggested set-out times for them as well. Kind of different, but also surprised it doesn’t mention this on the packaging? … or does it? :confused: I never looked.

(Jody) #2405

lol … Sorry I misunderstood.

Yeah, not sure why it’s not prominent on the package, because letting it soften up make a HUGE difference.

Well, I can’t say it will be something I will do myself regularly, since I don’t really fool with Ice Cream stuff often. But as I told the Wife last night, I can see maybe throwing some in the mix here and there, maybe once a month or once every two months, might not be too bad. Even when they would eat Halo-Top, I would only rarely eat a spoonful or two, and just here and there at that, but not regularly. (Though after eating something that is extra Salty, like Snow Crabs, Shrimp, etc. or, say, something very spicy or saucy, Ice Cream does indeed usually go quite well.) :+1: But I’m sure they will checking out some of the other flavors offered soon enough. :smile:

One thing that I did notice though, is that I was a bit, um, gassy this morning. Something that I haven’t experienced much of, since switching to this WOE? I’m guessing it might have been the ingredients within, or possibly, just the amount that was taken in, after not being used to it? Nothing bad mind you, but most definitely noticeable. And both the Wife and Son, said they got some bad heartburn during the night last night. But this I didn’t experience…

(Neil) #2407

Here’s yesterday’s feast!

I started with a Rogue Creamery cheese board. From left to right: Mt. Mazama (mixed cow and goat milk), Rogue’s Mary (cow cheddar with rosemary), Rogue River Blue 2020 release, and pear jam that came with the blue.

Next up, cilbir, a Turkish dish. Labneh topped with a poached egg, drizzled with melted butter mixed with paprika (rather than the usual Aleppo pepper, since I didn’t have any). Delicious!

Main dish: pulled pork over shredded red cabbage, topped with barbecue sauce, with eggs baked on top (like shakshuka).

So, did the pear jam go with the blue?

(Neil) #2409

Yes, it paired nicely! I wasn’t a huge fan of the jam and won’t have any more of it, but it was nice to at least try it. :slight_smile:

I always look forward to seeing what you’ve made.

(Neil) #2411

Thank you, Athena! I always enjoy your comments on my cooking as well :slight_smile:

(Jane) #2412

Pork chops, broccoli with cheese sauce. Basic and delicious