What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Jody) #2373

Add me to that list !!

(Jody) #2374

Smoked Chicken thighs, Rebel Mint Chip in a little while!

(Kirk Wolak) #2375

I love to use Sous Vide.

And I found you can Sous vide and then throw it in the SMOKER for a couple of hours, get some smoke, finish it with a Blow Torch… OMG… So Good. So much flavor!

(Kirk Wolak) #2376

On a recent Trip I found some 1g Carb Beef Sticks: www.PearsonRanchJerky.com
Made of Boar, Elk, Venison, etc.

Made travel so much easier!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2377

Thank you and happy birthday to your mom, also!

(Jane) #2378

Grilled chicken breast and last year’s green beans from the garden with bacon crumbles and pimento with a sauce made from the bacon drippings, water, vinegar and egg.

Looks great, Jody.

(Candy Lind) #2380

WOW. Just WOW! Pretty cool, and thanks for helping the critters. If you see one of those coconut lime Bai’s, give it a try! There’s a reason for that song … “you put the lime in the coconut … “ :joy:

I sure will, but like you, I may have to order it since I’ve never seen one. (and didn’t know of them) But the Coconut-Pineapple is widely available all over here and is the one I pick up here and there.

Part of this week’s mushroom heist: King Trumpet and Lobster mushrooms. The King Trumpet has quickly become a favorite. The lobster is interesting, very mild flavor and it has a bite to it. Like a softer and buttery tasting version of a water chestnut. I also got 4 more varieties pictured here earlier in the thread. I’m taking the opportunity to taste all the mushrooms I can, and it’s fun and delicious. I already had a love for them from spending fall collecting Porcini, Chanterelles and Goats Beard in the Alps when growing up. I am building on that and enjoying it a lot.

Dinner was cheesy mushrooms, asparagus, mushrooms and rotisserie chicken in a bit of chicken broth. Good stuff!

Found out that there is a “website” for the mushroom source: http://www.mushroomsallyear.com/ There is not much there except for some pics and how to contact. I am surprised that they are all picked in Southern Oregon apparently, unless the guy travels…

(Candy Lind) #2385

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

(Candy Lind) #2386

Got up and made Chaffles until my knees started shrieking. I made 8 the size of my big waffle maker; I think 1/4 is not quite a mini. I’ll go back and do more as soon as my knee is only whimpering.
image image

Hubby’s version of “enough butter!” :rofl: (it was Kerrygold!)

What flavor/variety are your Chaffles? What type of cheese do you prefer? I really enjoy the sweeter type, like pumpkin. But depending on if the chaffle is an accompaniment to the dish or if it’s breakfast.

(Candy Lind) #2388

I usually make ours very plain so we can “dress them up” however we like. I use mozz most of the time because it’s neutral, but we do like an occasional cheddar (excellent burgers). These are just egg, coconut flour, almond flour, tiny bit of psyllium, baking soda, and salt.

Damn, I left the waffle maker plugged in! (Racing out)

Not only did I leave it on, there was a chaffle in it! A nice black chaffle. I need to get one of those waffle makers that beeps at you until you open it up and take care of the contents! :roll_eyes:

Decided to try something else new for today… Wanted to take some Ham, Cheese and Bacon and then encase it into a sort of wrap or casing of something. So today I started by trying an Egg mixture casing, which worked well and the Family liked it, but I think it could be better. I would like to make up something more doughy, almost like a Hot-Pocket of sorts. Also something I can do in one step…

Wife picked me up Cheddar and Ham from the Deli yesterday, and we had them slice it a bit thicker for this recipe. Came out good and the Cheddar was really nice. Reminded me of a nice Grilled Cheese, but with Ham and Bacon added. … But I used to add Ham to my Grilled Cheese back then anyway…

IMG_5473

Recipe…

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2390

Pork shoulder and, as always, kale :joy:

Decided to eat something for Dinner, before Fasting… but it got a little cheesy. :crazy_face: We had 4 1/4 pound Hotdogs that were vacuum sealed, but though frozen, the bag must have a pin-hole, since it was showing to have gotten some air in. So it wasn’t as sealed as it should be. So I dropped those in a pot to boil, added some bean-less chili in another pot and then made a cheesy-wrap to wrap it in…

IMG_5506

IMG_5507

(Butter Withaspoon) #2392

image I had a bit of a bad weekend, and Friday Saturday and Sunday night were all eating at someone elses place. I took dishes each night (fatty no carby) but ended up eating other things that didn’t make me feel great. A good experiment I guess because I want to get back to feeling how I did last week. KCKO is the plan :blush:

My friend got a few days of my lamb soup into her. May it help her heal! I’m noticing the special silky feel and taste of lamb fat. Is it my imagination or are beef and lamb fat different? And am I becoming a keto connoisseur?! :grin:! I added some shredded cabbage before serving- sweet and crunchy image|320x240