What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Steve) #222

Leftover brisket, caulimash and gravy.

Japanese Pancake with Toasted Coconut 5.3 carbs

Grilled elk steak with piri piri sauce and roasted portobellos with homemade pesto and goat cheese

(Jane) #224

Chicken thighs, mushrooms, onion and shredded cabbage in Alfredo sauce. Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Was yummy

Today’s OMAD… Top Sirloin, Mushrooms, Pepperoni, Cheese, Pickles, Olives and Cauliflower.

Chocolate mug cake (mix all the ingredients in a bowl and microwave for 90sec):

• 1tbsp melted butter
  • 1tbsp coconut milk (use any milk)
  • 1egg
  • 1tbsp coconut flout
  • 1tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/2tsp baking powder
  • 1/2tsp vanilla
  • sweetener: i added half a tbps sukrin gold (my husband ate the dessert, i wouldn’t use any if it were my mug cake)

Panna cotta
300ml coconut milk, gelatin per packet instruction, vanilla, 50g sweetener (it lacked a tad of flavor, maybe it was the coconut milk), mix together, pour into molds, refrigerate for a few hours.

Chocolate praline:
Chocolate (melt cacao butter, stir in the other ingredients):

• 50g melted cacao butter
  • 25g cocoa powder
  • 25g sukrin
  • 1 tbsp cherry liqueur
  • 3/4tsp chili powder

-i used the same number of sour cherries as there are stars in my mold and soaked them in cherry liqueur for a few hours
-Praline: I added 1 tsp of chocolate per star, cherry in the mold and fill the remaining mold with more chocolate until covered, fridge for a few hours

Cherry sauce (heat in a pan and let bubble for about 20 min until it reduces a little)

• 200g cherries (frozen, mine were sour cherries)
  • juice and zest of 1 orange
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 star anise
  • vanilla
  • 1 tbps cherry liqueur, I used the leftovers from soaking cherries
  • 1tbsp marsala wine or amaretto
  • 1tsp chili (optional)

(Brandy) #227

Yesterday I took a bunches of mint and chives I had harvested and began the drying process. The mint I oven dried for loose leaf tea. The chives will hang for a couple of weeks under my covered porch.

During my big grocery run yesterday morning I bought enough cabbage and daikon to make a couple of month’s worth of kimchi too.

For last nights dinner it was basic steak, mushrooms and asparagus- but I made it taste fancy with some garlic and fresh herb compound butter I made.

Corned beef and cabbage. I snuck a slice during prep, and had another slice later. So good!

(Jody) #229

Tuesday OMAD:

1lb Ribeye, 6 x eggs w/ 3oz Mozzarella cheese

Mid-day meal… Bacon, Eggs, Sausage links and Patties

(Full Metal KETO AF) #231

Sousvide Pork Loin Chops with Lemon Caper Sauce and Asparagus, Bell Pepper and Bacon with Balsamic Vinegar Glaze

I haven’t been cooking much since my leg’s been bad but I had to make a regular dinner last night. I’d be spending more time cooking if I felt up to it just for something to do. I’m going crazy over here with boredom! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Mame) #232

Just saw this headline:

With restaurants closed, a bacon backup is building in Minnesota and prices are plunging

so I guess there really is a small silver lining to just about anything…

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #233

I. hear. ya.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #234

@Ruina I’m looking forward to seeing some Carnivore plates from you, that’s quite a pile of steaks you’ve got going. :cowboy_hat_face:

Mackerel, eggs, pork tenderloin :slight_smile:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #236

Or, in other words, a PARTY ON A PLATE!
:tada: :balloon: :partying_face:

Sending you and your leg every good wish, @David_Stilley!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #237

Problem is, carnivore photos are boring. Yup. another steak. I cooked this one skillfully. I cooked this one not so skillfully. oops. Cooked the next one very skillfully*. And life goes on thusly.

*Purposefully saying “skillfully” rather than “well done”.

Plants are photogenic :woman_shrugging:.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #238

Oooooooh now I find them very interesting - for instance, I drool in anticipation of @Jody22 posting his OMAD pics, @Ruina!
:rofl: :cut_of_meat: :fried_egg:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #239

Really!? Cause I don’t need to see any more raw liver of any animal photos. Not saying I think it is bad. It is probably a fantasic way to live. But… :unamused:

PS: Not discouraging anyone from posting anything. Just saying I personally as a person, not as an admin, scroll faster past certain posts. In no way do I want to discourage anyone I personally scroll past at present.

Cooked up a bunch of chicken leg quarters and Italian sausages and then some soft boiled eggs with seasonings.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #241

Yes, I just love the sheer variety on this thread - I love how technicolour veggies give way to steak and then keto desserts… I think I revel in food diversity, and for me a full-on plate of :cut_of_meat: has its part to play in the glory of keto!

I think I’m just obsessed with food…
:rofl: