What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Beef ribs - not much meat on this batch, I got seconds as big as the first helping. Right now all the bones are in the instapot for broth. I love my instapot (actually an off-brand) for that, I don’t have the mess that comes with making broth, nor do I have to worry about having an unwatched pot on the stove for hours on end. No bone goes to waste here! Yesterday was pretty much carnivore - a small portion of soup left, just spicy broth with chicken meat in it, and 2 boiled eggs for lunch, then just the ribs for dinner. Hungry this morning, I’ll be frying up some bacon and eggs in an hour or so.

('Jackie P') #202

I made the best ragu today. I had a chunk of Boursin with garlic and herbs and stirred it into the sauce. It was delicious!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #203

Ding DONG! Sounds amazing!

(Brennan) #204

Just like this! So delicious!

More bacon wrapped, sausage and jalapeño stuffed chicken thighs. This time smoked with pecan wood. Also made some keto espresso almond ice cream in the Cuisinart ice cream maker I’m looking forward to trying later. The extra sausage is for the dog who is too skinny and needs meat cut up on his food to entice him to eat!

TMAD…

Lunch - Tuna Fish Salad, Baked Pepperoni/Cheese and 2 Italian Sausages from yesterday

Dinner - 3 Small Burgers with Cheese and Onions, Asparagus, Cottage Cheese, Pepperoni, Pickles and Olives.

(Mame) #208

Dinner:

Smoked salmon chowder w daikon, celery, leek, mushrooms. Fried cheese on the side…

(Jane) #209

All the lettuce except for the lightest color came from my garden, along with some kale, spinach and cilantro

Spicy brats with mustard cooked on the stovetop since we ran out of propane. Sorry for the messy plate- I dove in before I remembered to take a pic

After your butt hits ~160-165 degrees F, you have two options: letting it ride or putting it in a foil pan and wrapping it.

If you let it ride through this temperature stall (caused by evaporative cooling by the rendering and sweating of connective tissues) your bark will be robust. If you wrap it, you’ll have a softer crust but it will get to temperature faster.

I opted to foil. And this is the result, a clean release of the bone.

(Sunny S) #211

Just BEAUTIFUL! My mouth is watering…

It’s very simple and quick to make, the fridge and the microwave do the rest :wink:

My brain is in the gutter this morning… this is my favorite sentence today :joy::joy:

@Meerkatsandy

(Jody) #215

Monday OMAD:

6 x eggs w/ 3oz mozzarella cheese and 4 German sausages.

('Jackie P') #216

Garlic chilli peanuts

Celariac soup

Chicken and cauliflower madras
And …

Blackberry Frankenfluff with raspberry and ACV jelly

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #217

Oh wow, Jackie - wish I could say ‘ON MY WAAAAAAAAY…’!!!

That looks like an absolutely delicious spread! LOVING the four-course kick-ass attitude!

Porkchop, bacon, half a green pepper and 2 radishes. I never got around to my bacon and eggs for yesterday’s breakfast, but I did have 2 hardboiled eggs with Mayo and caviar and a few olives. Today will be beef broth for lunch and corned beef and cabbage for dinner, the corned beef is in the instapot now, in slow cooker mode.

('Jackie P') #219

Haha! When I’m stressed I cook! Thing is I’m running out of things to cook! But I would rather have cooked things in my freezer than raw.
I have 1 onion and 1 avocado left fresh! Then I’m on freezer and cupboard stuff. I’m determined to do a month without a shop :slight_smile:
I might crumble when I run out of cream though😂
PS, it would be such fun if you were on your way🤗

(Susan) #220

Have you seen the video with his singing this to his little girl –

this is sooo cute =).

(Sunny S) #221

Would you mind sending me your recipe? I would love that so much.