What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Happy birthday! :notes::notes::notes::notes:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2354

Thank you :blush:

(Candy Lind) #2355

What is that lovely loaf??

(Candy Lind) #2356

Absolute BEST way to go. We’ll be above 90 again today and I pulled the dumb move of cooking breakfast sausage. High humidity means I’m “dewing” profusely! :rofl:

I’m headed to the grocery to buy eggs because there’s not a chaffle to be had! So sad.

(Candy Lind) #2357

Play coy with the butcher; if he catches on you LIKE the fat, he might raise the price! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lunch… Is last night’s intended Top Sirloin I didn’t get to, but stayed in the Sous Vide for about 24 hrs. (I don’t usually do them that long of course), but it was quite tender indeed. Also had some Fried Eggs and Bacon with it. Also had an Almond Milk & Coconut Bai, along with some Smoke-House Almonds. … Have to admit, as much as I like my Salt and Vinegar Almonds, I have found myself missing the Smoke House too. So yep, they are growing on me I guess. - Also not sure if I will be doing Dinner later?

IMG_5450

(Candy Lind) #2359

OK, I’m going COMPLETELY off topic here. As a snake :snake: lover, I want to know how you treat any snakes you find trapped in your vaults, and/or if you’ve devised a way for them to escape if they get in there. We have a local guy who is trying to work up a way to keep snakes from being trapped in the airlock vaults and dying.

(Please, no hate mail. They play a huge part in keeping pest populations down at all levels.)

Now back ON topic:

Do you have the coconut-lime Bai available there? It’s my favorite and I have to order it through Amazon.

Eggs and Sausage

(both fried in coconut oil)

I got a suspicion @Digital_Dave is gonna like this one. :slight_smile:

(Candy Lind) #2361

Did you buy pre-formed patties? Mine came out all different shapes & sizes this morning! :rofl:

And … refined coconut oil or non?

Yes, pre-formed, pre-cooked. Just heating them up basically.
Don’t know if it was refined or not. Recycled from a previous cook. :wink:

Day 3 of extreme heat and red flag (fire) warning, it’ll be 110 degrees+ today. So far no fires yet, cross your fingers for me.

Another cold dinner last night: Rotisserie chicken, Roast beef, Russian eggs, pickled mushrooms and tomato on a bed of Butter lettuce and sprouts.

(Candy Lind) #2364

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:
Where are you again?

Southern tip of Oregon. Used to be a mild climate, rain only from October/November through March, but over the last decade changed to extreme heat and extreme snow(for here, it breaks all the native trees and causes long power outages). It was nice and mellow on all counts the first 20 years I have lived here…
I don’t know one snake from another, but my first husband had a Boa Constrictor I used to wear as a belt. Scared the dickens out of some Jehova’s witnesses when I opened the door wearing the snake…I also have some small, beautifully colored snakes living in my garden.

You and me both young lady! :wink: :snake: And you surely don’t realize just how ‘ON’ target you are! :smile: I not only love animals in general, but besides my Pups I always have around, I do have a great fondness for reptiles… My last one was a 13-1/2 foot Burmese, named Sabbath. But along with the two Burmese, I have owned Ball Pythons, Red Tail Boa’s, African Rock Python and a numerous amount of others I couldn’t begin to count since I was very young. … I’ve also had a ton of Iguanas over the years, with my largest being a big ole’ guy named Goliath, who was over 5’ in length and he actually lost 6-8" of his tail when he accidentally broke it off. I’ve owned a Pair of Sail-fin Dragons that were over 4 feet in length, a few Savana Monitors, etc., etc. … Believe me, that’s just some of them, the list would go on for quite some time if I kept going. :slight_smile: - But yes, to answer your question, I ‘save’ everything and anything that I can, regardless of type, breed, etc. Actually, I just had a small Raccoon trapped in some debris when I visited the Pumping Stations the other day. So used the remote to the bar-screen cleaner to clean off all the trash from around him, and then pumped down the water to a safe level so he could get down and away. … Mom wasn’t too far away, but he apparently floated on the debris when the pumps came on and they got separated. I’ll add his pic below.

And yep, the Coconut Bai’s are still available at all Wawa’s and 7-11’s around here, but not much else. I actually don’t drink them much, maybe once or twice a month. I do like them and it is my favorite, but I also find the occasional one here and there also helps when I feel a little bloated. Guess the Erythritol helps the system get moving? At least it’s how it seems for me. … Scratch that, just realized you said ‘Coconut Line-Bai’. I’ve actually never seen or had one of those before.

IMG_5386 IMG_5383

IMG_5381 IMG_5380

After removing half the debris, shown in the above image, I started pumping to lower the water levels, and he stayed up against the concrete pillar so he didn’t get pulled into the rack. But after getting pretty much all the water down, I shut it down and left him to move along on his own. But we pull all sorts of large Snapping Turtles, Snakes, etc. that get drawn to the rack during pumping. This particular station is capable of pumping over 500,000 thousand gallons a minute, so anything that happens to be in the area during pumping, pretty much goes with the flow, but I do check for any critters when I’m out there. :slight_smile:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2367

I’m not sure what kind of bread it was but I did take a bite of a slice and it was delicious - soft inside and crispy crust :yum:

Yep, just had some myself. :+1:

That’s perfection…right there!

(Jane) #2370

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2371

Thanks Janie!

(Jody) #2372

Happy Birthday!

Funny enough, today is my mom’s birthday as well.