What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Haha… :smile: That’s only a portion of them too. - I was going through some of the older sets I have and making up new sets for the newer inspectors I have on staff. Plus, some of these keys are no longer in use, so some spring cleaning is being done as well. :slight_smile:

I have a bunch of keys in a bag in my junk drawer - and I have no idea what they open! Many of them belonged to my husband. This is only surpassed by the extra large jar of cables - many of them have long gone extinct me thinks.

I’m sure we all have that problem. :lock: But we hold them in case we come across a locked something one day. :smile: … Also, my OMAD from early grew a T apparently. Besides the Filet Mignon, the Wife also dropped in some Salmon in the Sous Vide early this morning, and then mentioned she still had 3 containers of Mushrooms I needed to eat. So I agreed and said fry-em-up! Plus, some fried Onions also sounded good, so asked her to throw some in as well… But I did not ask for the additional sides! :flushed: So I ate everything, but did not make it to the Pickles and Vinegar Cucumbers. And though I’m not stuffed by no means, my gas gauge is definitely showing full. :smile: But it was quite good.

IMG_5391

As to the keys, each of my Inspectors usually has a large ring of keys, since we have locks on all sorts of things we maintain, such as Pumping Stations, their outer gates, SWMF Ponds, Channels, levees, High Hazard Dams, Flood Control Areas, etc. And we also have a slew of Swing Gates, Bollards, and all sorts of stuff affiliated with these sits. So yeah, there is a lot we keep under lock and key. :old_key:

(Mame) #2336

I love pear (slices) with cheese! sigh.
My mother-in-law absconded with all of the pears I had left from our tree this year. :rofl: Probably a good thing, I can’t eat too much fruit.
But soooo yummy!

(Neil) #2337

I only just noticed the potential for all sorts of puns about pairing pears! Going to have to crack open that jam the next time I’m eating, on Monday, and see how it is. I shied away from it initially because of the high sugar content that jams have in general, but you’ve convinced me that these pears are probably worth indulging, at least a little bit :slight_smile:

(Butter Withaspoon) #2338

Thanks Candy! While the petals are fine (no significant taste) the green part of the flower was not nice. I’ll stick to petals as a fancy spring garnish.
I was going to make a sad report of eating at friends last night, the Indian takeaway, the inevitable carbs… But I’m going with the positive. I feel like I’m back to low insulin and fat burning after a midday meal of smoked kippers (yeah tinned) and my lettuce, with olive oil and lemon juice.
Off to by some ingredients to go with the monster pile of fatty lamb bones in my fridge. The butcher tried to persuade me with some leaner meatier bones in an adjacent pack but I declined. He thinks I’m bonkers I suspect.

Happy fat adapted weekend!

I haven’t had Bologna in years. I remember my mom used to fry it up. Yum!

Hope he had a nice birthday!

Just a few photos today to catch up: Brunch was a spinach salad with bacon, feta, HB egg, and tomatoes. The dressing was OO, balsamic vinegar, and a little garlic.

8E616990-273F-4355-B3BC-C1AD2BBBFA1B

And dinner was grilled bone in chicken breast, and a few rounds of roasted sweet potatoes with cinnamon, Pecans, and a touch of SF maple syrup.

8AACFBAC-DDC7-4430-842D-7B151AB85DF3

Fruit are my downfall this time of year. I cannot resist as I grow a variety here. For almost a month I have been snacking on blackberries as I pass the bushes in the morning. Now, they are getting scarce, but the grapes are literally hanging right above my head as I pass through the arbor at my front gate. Can’t resist snacking on those… and my pears are along the path too, but not ripe yet. I figure I will allow myself a month long stall now, so I can enjoy the fruit of my labor. Then it’s probably on to carnivore until I start losing again. The blueberries and strawberries don’t seem to cause a stall, so spring is ok with just berries. But grapes and pears is wandering into dangerous territory. If I start gaining back, I will quit the fruit. If I just stall for a month, I am ok with that. My fat distribution and consistency tends to balance itself out during stalls, so there is an upside to this, other than deliciousness…

Lunch… Butter-Fried Mushroom Scrambled Eggs. … I actually wanted to add some Dijon Mustard and some Scallions, but we didn’t have any. So I just added in a little Mayo, since we were also out of Sour Cream. The Wife had run up to the grocery store, but traffic and stuff ran her late and I was done when she finally got back home. But it came out ok as it was. Also added Sea Salt & Italian Seasoning.

IMG_5412

Another heat wave, another series of cold dinners. Leaves of Butter lettuce, rotisserie chicken breast, roast beef, Salami and cherry tomatoes to make wraps. Strawberries and blueberries in cream.

(Doug) #2345

:clap: @velvet Very often - elements of the rainbow.

(Mame) #2346

or buy a pear as they are in season and skip the jam (that would be me)

Sounds like you have a very lovely selection of fruits right at your fingertips. Very nice!

I have an iron rule about it - only grazing as I pass by is allowed, no bringing it into the house. It helps to keep myself in check.

So spent quite a bit of time today preparing/prepping for dinner today. Jumbo Dungeness Crab Cakes - Cooked up 8 Dungeness Crab, picked them all, to make some Dungeness Crabs Cakes. Also added in some Shrimp… But the steaks that were planned, are still in the Sous Vide! :smile: … Have 2 NY Strips for the Wife and Son, and I have a nice Top Sirloin in the 130° bath, But it looks like they won’t be making a showing tonight. :full_moon_with_face: Maybe tomorrow? Or the Girls might just get mine? Not sure yet… Have something else I was planning on trying out tomorrow, so we’ll see.

But the Jumbo Dungeness Crab Cakes came out quite nice. Left them about 1/2" thick, about 8oz.

IMG_5445

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2350

Pre bday dinner - salmon, broccoli, and green beans. And crab dip

Happy Birthday, Beccs. :birthday: … Yep, it’s 12:07am, but I’m heading to bed now. :slight_smile: Have a great one.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2352

Thanks Dave :grin: