What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Hamburger topped with bacon and sour cream, mushroom medley.

Protein and collagen. Collagen is a wonderful thing for your skin, nails and hair. Without lots of collagen, this old woman would look like a prune after losing all that weight. And yes, chicken broth has antibiotic properties, hence the wide spread use as a medicine when one feels bad. But most of all, you just KNOW it’s good for you, it feels so right going down.

(Jody) #2315

More Smoked Chicken Legs and Rebel [Keto] Ice Cream. I smoked theses a little different, and I think they came out better.

(Neil) #2316

Breakfast this morning was a cheese board from Rogue Creamery again…

…along with a special new cheese: this year’s release of Rogue River Blue! This only comes out once a year. I preordered several months ago in order to get a wheel shipped overnight from Portland yesterday, the first day that this year’s cheese was available. FedEx delivered it this morning and I dove right in. Yummy!

Hot breakfast: Eggs Pipérade, a dish from the Basque region of France. Traditionally the eggs would be folded in to the peppers but I kept them separate, following a recipe from America’s Test Kitchen. I’m happy with how this turned out. The peppers were delicious.

Lunch/dinner: thyme braised beef short ribs served on roasted portobello mushroom caps. Also delicious!

What’s this “girl meets dirt”?

(Neil) #2318

Some sort of pear jam that’s supposed to pair well with the cheese. I haven’t tried it yet.

The area is famous for it’s pears.

Decided to skip yesterday and put in another small Fast this week. 45 hrs. earlier this week, and 42 hrs. today. … So had two Burgers with Cheddar Cheese & Mustard, Pepperoni, Bacon, Sauerkraut, Celery, Cherry Tomatoes, Almond Milk and Cream Soda Zevia. Also Sunflower Seeds & 2 Ghirardelli Chocolate

IMG_5377

(Virginia ) #2321

Yes, it was very similar and good… thanks. :yum:

(Candy Lind) #2322

I just bought four of those at the truck stop where we waited before our delivery day before yesterday! Wayne and I watch for them because you still don’t see them many places. Quick Trip stores in Wisconsin have their own brand, and it sells for about half what you paid for those. I REALLY load up when I see those, because they’re vacuum sealed and last practically forever in our little fridge. Helps with variety when we get stuck someplace that has no decent restaurant.

(Candy Lind) #2323

Boy, I’d like to get a taste of that!

(Butter Withaspoon) #2324

RIP :cherry_blossom::blossom::cherry_blossom: 3 lamb and rosemary sausages, garden greens fried in sausage fat and fried fermented sunchokes. I am sorry I could not wait long enough to capture your beauty.
And now, to add further insult, I am going to eat your floral tribute*

*And that’s why I can’t track my food: all the random grazing in the neighbourhood image

(Candy Lind) #2325

We have picked up Harry and David’s pears from up in that area. They get a pretty penny for their pear subscriptions! In fact, that time of year is nearly upon us … I’m sure their cold storage is crammed full of pears.

(Candy Lind) #2326

Could I get some links to your favorite cake recipes (here or elsewhere)? It’s Wayne’s birthday today, and I want to make him a cake. He may decide he wants a mug chocolate lava cake, but I want to be prepared.

TIA!

(Candy Lind) #2327

:heart::heart::heart::rofl::rofl::rofl::heart::heart::heart:
You win today’s Internet, Helen!

Ham, eggs, cheese and some sprouts (I added more of those) spiced with Fire Ant Juice. Sometimes the simple things are best…

(Candy Lind) #2329

Athena, did you get your lipids back? Are you going to put them in @DaveKeto’s database?
EDIT: NEVER MIND, I just read & commented on your thread.

Was planning to do some Dungeness Crab, Shrimp and a Sous Vide Filet Mignon tonight, but the Wife said she wasn’t feeling all that well and wasn’t sure if she was going to eat tonight. So will save the Filet Mignon for tomorrow and then just ate something here at work for my OMAD. - Also skipped dinner last night, so today’s OMAD was Rotisserie Chicken, Pepperoni, Cream Soda Zevia, Ghirardelli Chocolate (2 Squares) and some Sunflower Seeds.

IMG_5388

(Troy) #2331

In-N-Out🙂

2 Flying Dutchman
Cold cheese
Mustard fried

There are enough keys there to pull off a big heist!