What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Thanks, they truly are. And your Miss Reggie is a cutie as well. :slight_smile:

It’s usually the Pups that ‘bring’ the party. :dog: :+1:

Gorgeous pup :heart_eyes:

(Doug) #2296

:sunglasses: ‘Happy Dog’ :slightly_smiling_face:

Chicken part 2: Popped the bones in the instapot for some delicious broth, added the left over juices from cooking the chicken, spiced to taste, added broccoli and some walnuts, had it with a chicken breast. Something about chicken broth - it just feels good going down. I’ll probably have the same tonight, unless some idea of altering it pops into my head.

Makeshift Monday… AKA - Heat-N-Eat… AKA - Thinnin’ the Fridge… Wasn’t real sure if I wanted to eat tonight or not? I didn’t eat last night or today at work, so was about 31 hrs. Fasted, but since the Wife and Son also chose not to eat, I decided to grab a bite. - Which is funny, since I’ve been scratching for the past couple days! :pleading_face: … Yep, I apparently got some friggin’ chiggers the other day when my AD asked me to review a site for him. We walked through a small creek area, and I’ve been itching and scratching for two days, and now have bites all on my legs and waist. :angry: I hate chiggers!

IMG_5360

Also had a Cream Soda Zevia, Almond Milk, couple squares Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolate and then ate some Salt & Vinegar Almonds along with some Sunflower Seeds.

Great Danes and Labs have a lot in common. The same ears and facial expressions for example.

(Butter Withaspoon) #2300

I made my first ever chicken broth on the weekend. I have never cooked with chicken. You people ( and the podcast) are inspiring and helping me to branch out.

There’s something about poor quality chicken and stories of food poisoning that had put me off handling raw chicken. Happy to report that it was fine, and I was SHOCKED by the intensity and deliciousness of the flavour. I used chicken frames which were ridiculously cheap for a meat protein.
More excitement to see that the broth has become a jelly texture in the fridge. That means lots of protein came out of the bones doesn’t it? Anyway, I was pretty sure it meant I’d cooked it long enough.

Today, at my middle of day eating session, I had a tin of kippers in brine. I don’t want to get too fancy!! I did tip the contents onto a plate - so a little bit fancy :laughing:

KCKO fellow travellers - I figured out what that stands for… I’m a bit slow!

Ha! I assumed Velvet was a Labby for those very reasons.

It’s hard to tell the size from a pic. Velvet can get stuff from the top of the fridge. Standing up, she is a head taller than me, and I am 5’10 1/2. She is about 6 feet tall standing up.

Holy cow! Wow. She’s a tall girl. When Reggie was younger she used to jump up on her hind legs like a kangaroo when she spied her dad coming up the walk. Dogs are so funny. How old is Velvet?

(Jody) #2304

Monday OMAD:

Turkey / Bacon / Lettuce / Tomato /Avocado Mayo on Cheese Wrap
Bologna (yes, I love it and have it from time to time) / Lettuce / Tomato / Avocado Mayo on Cheese Wrap

Lunch… Ham, Hard Salami, Swiss, Pepperoni, Deviled Eggs with Mayo, Cream Soda Zevia, Almond Milk, Sunflower Seeds and Almonds.

IMG_5364

Chicken part 3: More soup, added some heirloom cherry tomatoes and little cubes of cheese. Leftovers will be lunch today.

@Athena61 Velvet is 4. Full of energy.

Last night’s dinner was a medley of roasted vegetables topped off with an herb compound butter. And some grass fed smoked beef sausage. Edit: a dill pickle chaffle. I love bowl food :yum:

Brunch today was cheesy scrambled eggs, and more of the beef sausage. I also found a recipe for a low carb cinnamon flaxseed muffin in a mug, and I added a cream cheese glaze :yum:
8A1F477C-B4B4-4BA7-9F31-D5918838DC66

Dinner… Couple Burgers with Feta Cheese, Sour Cream and Scallions. Also some Pickled Sausage, Olives and Pickles. Also had a Cream Soda Zevia, Almond Milk and Iced Tea. … Might do another Fast

IMG_5367

The burgers with feta and sour cream look delicious :yum:

(Jody) #2310

1lb 85/15, onions, mushrooms, spinach, butter and seasonings. Later I will have 1/2 a Lily’s dark chocolate bar w/ a Zevia Root Beer.

Dinner tonight…orange roughy with butter, garlic, and lemon pepper, and roasted broccoli.

Tomorrow I’m going in for my first lipid test since starting keto/low Carb this past February. D05FDE59-6BD7-4B11-9B9B-720FB50869F8

(Jane) #2312

Maybe not the cleanest ingredients but will get you by in a pinch. Picked this up at a gas station on my way to Ft Worth. Glad to see some non-carbage options available on the run!