What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

I had a bowl of chicken soup for lunch. Dinner was bacon wrapped hamburger (mince) and pickled veggies. Also a section of frozen porcini, roasted - big mistake. Apparently after freezing, the flavor intensity of porcini multiplies manifold, to the point that this was almost too strong to eat. Frozen porcinis are a spice and not a food. Duly noted, and also, not bad because now my porcinis will last me a lot longer, and they are still a delightful addition to many food flavors.

(Candy Lind) #182

We have a big stockpot of beef and cabbage soup, but I think I’ll make some tuna & egg salad today, to put on chaffles. It sounds super good to me right now.

(Steve) #183

Brisket, Caulimash and Gravy
Japanese Pancakes with Toasted Coconut

So I tried making a dessert for r/52weeksofbaking, the challenge was “all the elements,” so I did all - air (meringue), fire (chili in chili-cherry-chocolate pralines and chili-sour cherry sauce), earth (mud cake mug cake) and water (blue coconut milk panna cotta). Everything is keto, apart from the juice of one orange in the cherry sauce, but then again, it’s the amount that makes it keto vs non-keto… :wink:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #185

@Meerkatsandy That’s a beautiful bit of food art Sandy! Too pretty to eat. :yum: :cowboy_hat_face:

(Will knit for bacon. ) #186

I’m calling it Hot Mess. It’s basically chili with added bacon and cut up hot dogs. Melted cheese over the top because melted cheese makes everything better.

Thanks :slight_smile: I felt creative today, so I decided to just go for it and bake a little :slight_smile:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #188

Fish curry with an over cooked egg! Oh well - it was delicious regardless.

Just ended a 48 hour fast (and new low weight this morning and 105 lbs lost) with homemade cheeseburgers and jalepeno poppers on the grill following a liverwurst and pork rind appetizer

(Keto Koala 🐨) #190

Yummy Bec!!! ( can i call you that??, my mum’s name is Rebecca too and I just say Bec cos I’m lazy :wink::joy:). That looks reallllly good babe. :heart::heart:

After working, and baking, for about 7 hours out in the yard, the wife asked if we could cook out on the grill… So when I got done, she pulled out some stuff for the Grill. - London Broil, T-Bone, Venison, Italian Sausage and 1/4 lb. Hotdogs. Also some Kale with Ham.

(Jody) #192

3 x 1/3lb [GF/F 70/30] Beef Patties, 3 Italian Sausages, 6oz Chicken Liver

(Susan) #193

That is so pretty looking !

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #194

That looks delicious :yum:

(Candy Lind) #195

Congrats @KetoDad2020!!!
:tada::balloon::clap::clap::clap::balloon::tada:
PS those poppers looked yummy!

(Candy Lind) #196

OK what is the red “garnish” with the chocolate-looking drizzle?

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #197

Looks like a raspberry :grin:

(Steve) #198

The Japanese pancake is soaking up strawberry juice with chocolate sauce drizzled on a strawberry.

This 11.5lbs of porky goodness was put on the smoker at 5:30 this morning. If my calculations are correct, I predict a tasty dinner. I’ll post a pic when it finishes.

And for anybody not familiar with smoking meat, you can use yellow mustard to help the rub coat the meat. The mustard will cook off and you won’t taste any of it.

Yesterday’s leftovers :slight_smile: