What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

I am lurking here but I promised a photo last time and I still don’t have one… Except what Fangs’ carni topic got… I eat pretty boring looking stuff, eggs and whatnots. I only remember eggs… And if I make something pretty, I eat it right away. Sometimes I wait for some slight hunger now and it makes me less patient. I plan pizza today, with photos. Well, not pizza but looks like one and good enough for me.

But I have this beauty too, I will put a part of it on my pizza (no sunshine when I shot it but I tried to give back the nice colors):

It’s pork leg, very nice, it has nice fatty parts too! We added leftover fat tissue from smoked pork hocks (they are used without all the fat and skin on it), I already ate them all when I made this photo. They were nice, crunchy pieces.

Pot roast version 3: Buttery asparagus and roast beef with creamy, cheesy au jus. This finished off the Beef roast.

Well, I was going to skip lunch, as I did with dinner last night, but after going out to get my Covid Test done, I decided to stop by the store since I was out of Almonds. … Ended up picking up a Rotisserie Chicken for today’s OMAD, plus I had a Cream Soda Zevia, Iced Tea and a Coconut Bai. (Not pictured) Also ate an ounce of SmokeHouse Almonds, which weren’t bad, but I do like the Salt & Vinegar better.

IMG_4986

(Jody) #2055

I love almonds … but this is my least favorite flavor.

Yeah, not my favorite either, but will do without the one I have at home. They only had the regular and this one, and this one appeared it might have more salt. … If you haven’t tried the Salt & Vinegar ones, they are pretty good. I have a small amount at home, but order the large 25 oz. size from Amazon. It may have ruined me for regular ones though, since they are quite strong in both Salt and Vinegar. :+1:

(Neil) #2057

Lately I’ve been doing a series of 110-hour fasts. For example, I ate two meals on Thursday over the course of about 10h, then fasted Friday-Monday, and ate again on Tuesday.

I typically break my fast with cheese, and this time it was no different. Yum! I could eat cheese all day, every day, if I let myself. Most of these cheeses were ordered online from Murray’s in New York City. They’re my go-to place for fancy cheese.

The star of the show this time, in my opinion, was the Cremeux de Bourgogne, a triple cream Brie. So rich!

Next up was a dish of stir-fried scrambled eggs and shrimp in tomato sauce, seasoned with toasted sesame oil. This put a more Asian flair on scrambled eggs than the omelettes and frittatas that I usually make. It was a nice change.

Dinner was shakshuka. I made it with ground beef in the sauce, which is not traditional, but made it into a heartier meal. In exchange, I put fewer eggs in than I usually would.

Delicious!

Dessert was a dark chocolate bar with blackberries and honey. It looks like the name of the chocolate company is the Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Company, which made me giggle. It was really good!

Nice! Looks like some great meals… I’m liking the stove too! … Been using the electric flat-top style for a while now, and though they are nice, they are/can be a PITA… especially the cleaning part.

(Neil) #2059

Thanks Dave! I actually just moved into a new house on Sunday and this was the first time in my life I’ve ever cooked with a gas stove. It’s going to take some getting used to but my first impression was very positive!

I used to have the electric flat-top style. I actually found the opposite – cleaning it seemed much easier than cleaning this gas stovetop is! Out of curiosity, what made yours a PITA? I found wiping down a flat glass surface to be way easier than having to remove the grates, remove any food that fell through, wipe around each of the burners, clean the grates themselves, etc.

(Jody) #2060

I have to be VERY careful with nuts and seeds … as I want to eat WAY to many. lol

Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Co is in St Louis, MO, where I am currently residing (and hopefully for not much longer). It’s located in a pretty cool area of St. Louis called The Hill, which is a fabulous Italian neighborhood. I think the chocolate is spectacular!

Just that it seems to have everything stick to it, and simply wiping it takes off grease, splashes, etc. but there’s always that harder buildup around the pan bottoms that requires cleaning w/ something stronger. But I’ve had both, and the Wife has even mentioned lately she wished we had a gas stove again. … Plus, she really likes fires, and has been asking about getting an outdoor stove as well. Yep, she may have a little pyro impulses she needs to release from time to time. :smile:

OMG…I want to eat at your table!

Yep, I usually limit myself to 1 oz. Which is about 22 to 26 Almonds dependent on size. But yep, nuts are one you need to watch just for that reason.

(Neil) #2065

That’s really cool, thanks for the background Athena! I’ll look into their other stuff because this one bar was amazing :slight_smile:

Not a great pic, oh well. The not-pizza wasn’t that spectacular looking either but I liked it :slight_smile: It was cold when I made the photo and ate it. Maybe I won’t put cheese on it next time, it just becomes a hard thingie, not like it’s bad. I never could do that nice gooey cheese look, oh well. So I put the cheese into the crust next time. Poor not-pizza, it will be an even less pizza but I ruin the real pizza with not using grains (and I can’t even make real pizza. it takes a lot for me to call something real pizza) so I feel free :smiley:

I put pork and some popular Hungarian dish on it, the closest dish is ratatouille I guess but mine has mostly tomatoes. So it’s not a carnivore-ish day but the pizza crust is carnivore, what else? So many possibilities, this time I used smoked pork skin and eggs, next time it will be whipped whites, sour cream and cheese…

pizza0812

So it’s basically scrambled eggs with various added things in some interesting shape and structure.

Well, like I said, I wasn’t eating tonight after today’s lunch. But I did cook up a 2" London Broil the Wife had taken out for tonight. Since my Son was also not eating, I cooked it up, cut a piece for my lunch for tomorrow, and then sliced the rest into 1/2" slices, since V doesn’t like them too red inside. But should make for a nice lunch tomorrow, even though London Broil isn’t my favorite Steak, it’s still Steak. :slight_smile:

They are big Steak too…
IMG_5001

Sliced and diced for her, and my piece for tomorrow…
IMG_5002

Pork steak, wrapped in bacon, with roasted yellow pepper and broccoli. Still munching on a handful of blackberries every morning as I pass by the bush, and I had lunch: 3 hot dogs with mustard.

My brunch from yesterday: creamed eggs with spinach served on a cheesy flatbread. 3318562A-7E61-447C-BF7E-3950D27B1278

(Virginia ) #2070

It was really good, thanks for cooking it for me.:grin:

(Virginia ) #2071

Looks really good.:yum: How many carbs are in the chocolate bar?