What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Was going to place another order for Dungeness Crab, since I used what was left the other night. But the Wife happened to see that they had them on sale at another store. ($8.99) So I had the Wife & Son run out and pick up a case, to which my Son treated and picked up the bill this time. So having the Wife pick up another case so we will have them… So along with some Dungeness Crab, we also ate some Shrimp and some nice Haddock Fish. (With lots of Butter for all, of course) :yum:

First batch…
IMG_4953 IMG_4954

IMG_4956 IMG_4957

Popped a few marrow bones and a roast in the crockpot function of my off brand instapot. Added some veggies and mushrooms. After I took the picture, I got distracted for a bit and the food cooled down. I decided to add some small cubes of sharp, white Cheddar before re-heating. Came out very nice tasting, and I always find that broth with beef is very invigorating.

(Doug) #2034

Dave, this could be framed and hung upon the wall. :sunglasses:

Still Life With Bacon

:slight_smile::+1: Thanks. It was pretty good, and I find the added Sour Cream goes well with it too. I also prefer thick bacon and find the ‘normal’ bacon much too thin nowadays.

Hi Everyone. I’d gotten out of the habit of posting my meals after the site had issues staying up, but I’m always lurking! :yum:

I thought I’d share what I had for brunch today but in my excitement to eat this dish I’d forgotten to take a picture of it. I’m posting the recipe instead. The spices used were so delicious and the technique was simple.

CAF69A80-F882-4348-94E5-90A785B5DDC9

Only thing is that the image is not opening larger, for me at least. Not sure if it is for others. But if not, you can’t read much past the Title. Tried to resize it for ya, but it’s already at 100%. :slight_smile:

Thanks. I’ll repost at ‘original” size, and see if it works. Sorry about that! Maybe you could let me know if it’s better or not?

Much better.

Thanks for letting me know!

Finally got home, but yep, as Velvet says… ‘Much Better’. Sounds good too, but I’m skipping today, so saved a copy to try later. Thanks :+1:

Pot roast in broth round 2: Added some heavy cream and curry and spices. Worked well. There will be a round 3 before it’s used up.

Well, skipped yesterday and did a 44 hr. fast, since I hadn’t in a while… So the Wife made me some stuff to bring in today. - Big ole’ Burger, some Sausage, Bacon, Cheese & Pepperoni, Sour Cream. Yellow Tomato, Lettuce. Cream Soda Zevia & Tea. (Put 2 of the sausage patties back, for the Girls)

IMG_4978 IMG_4979

Took a pic before stacking the burger up…

(Virginia ) #2044

That was one big hamburger… . definitely not a quarter pounder …lol

No, it wasn’t. Probably a full lb. but it’s why I won’t be eating tonight… :kissing_heart:

(Jody) #2046

Same here. I have actually lost 24lbs since 4/18/20 (just shy of 4 months) … so I’ve got things dialed in right now. (Even made my goal of being below 200 by 7/30!). I will try to post pictures again as it seems the site is doing pretty good now.

I miss all you guys here! And our brits, the dogs, the toes… the banter…

(Jody) #2048

:rofl:

I just thought they were maybe doing a group extended Fast or something… :slight_smile: … I know the issues with the site was driving some folks nuts, but it was out of their control, being it was the server we are on that was having the issues. - Maybe if someone makes something that smells really terrific, they might be lured back in. :smile: … I skipped again tonight, after today’s lunch (OMAD) so think I will wait until tomorrow night, which will give me another 30 hrs. or so Fasted. :+1:

Hi Jody. Glad to see you back. Congratulations on the weight loss. That’s awesome!

Here’s today’s meals. I enjoyed both very much. The first is a cheddar chaffle with avocado and topped with a fried egg sprinkled with Frank’s hot sauce. And a side of chicken sausage links. The yogurt was homemade and dressed up with strawberries and a few crushed pecans.

Dinner was a pizza casserole made with a layer of cauliflower rice, and topped with roasted peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Sauce was Rao’s, and I also added artichokes, Greek olives, fresh tomatoes, and pepperoni. Husband didn’t care for it since he’s not a fan of riced cauliflower even though he says he likes cauliflower. Oh well, I guess the leftovers are mine!![3EE8D844-1F5E-4626-A80E-25B7EB386016|640x480](upload://uOfB9E028E3-2365-4F38-B45D-77EBDA4A6197 3EE8D844-1F5E-4626-A80E-25B7EB386016 tSGtjTLeB2bBbAEkAynJ8DEi.jpeg)