What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Bacon for the Win) #2012

fish broth in Instant Pot:

strained broth:

Seafood chowder:

Caught the fish last week, first deep sea trip ever. Used rutabaga instead of potatoes and used xanthan gun instead of a traditional roux for the thickener. Love the eyeball in the first picture!

(Jane) #2013

Leftover pork tenderloin stir fried with onion, garden squash and a small pepper from the garden. Kung Pao sauce and topped with chopped cashews. Was yummy

(Jane) #2014

Not a question directed at me but I make my own! Large curd so far as the small curd broke down into nothingness and I had to toss. You need milk, buttermilk and rennet and you can make your own. Takes a bit of patience and practice but doable.

Buttermilk and sour cream on the other hand are crazy easy to make. For buttermilk, heat a quart of milk to 72 F, stir in 2 Tbl cultured buttermilk (storebought, then save some buttermilk for the next batch) and set on the counter for 24 hours. Stir and refrigerate.

Sour cream - 2 cups heavy cream or half-and-half, stir in 3 Tbl buttermilk, set on counter until thickened - 24 hours or longer. It thickens a bit after you refrigerate. Mine was thin after 24 hours and I thought I had messed it up so I just let it sit out another 8 hours and discovered it had made a wonderfully thick sour cream!

No scary ingredients!

Dinner… My last 5 Dungeness Crabs with Butter, so I will have to place another order to restock. I did get the Wife to eat one while I cooked up a piece of Top Sirloin for the Girls.

IMG_4947

(Candy Lind) #2016

Do you have to worry about whether it’s ultra-pasteurized or not? I have a hard time finding non-ultra-pasteurized.

Too lazy to cook at the end of a hot day and a trip into town. Cold rotisserie chicken breast with sour cream on a bed of mixed sprouts, olives, goat brie, strawberries in whipped cream for desert. Not pictured: A tall glass of sparkling water with a shot of Vodka and lemon juice. Also, I vaped some weed while fixing dinner. Nice evening. :slight_smile:

The goat brie is interesting, never had it before. Unfortunately it is fairly well ripened, which I can appreciate and enjoy also, but I prefer a milder flavor and have trouble now comparing the flavor to regular brie. It’s a good flavor, though, and I tolerate goat cheese well, so was able to have it in addition the the dairy already plated.

Breakfast was a good handful of blackberries I ate off the bush as I passed by in the morning. This will likely go on for some time, I pass there every morning and those sparkling black flavor bombs twinkle at me, warmed by the morning sun… Lunch was a rotisserie chicken leg, eaten out of the box, standing up in the kitchen, while I put groceries away.

(Mame) #2018

Yum! I make my chowders with white daikon (instead of potatoes) and glucomannan for thickener. Looking forward to chowder again this autumn! :yellow_heart:

(Candy Lind) #2019

Neil, did you just “toss together” your mole, or use a recipe from somewhere? I want to make some low-carb mole for a friend I’d like to convince to try LCHF.

(Neil) #2020

Hi Candy! I used a recipe from The Paleo Foodie. It looks like a blogger has written it up here:

Lunch… Bacon, Eggs and Sausage.

IMG_4950

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2022

Hey @Digital_Dave - I saw this online yesterday and thought you may appreciate it :joy: it happened about 10 mins from where I am. This is the most Maryland thing ever :laughing:

(Jane) #2023

No, I used the ultra-pasteurized as that is all I can find also. May have been why it took a lot longer than the instructions I have said it should. But it evertually thickened up nicely (gets thicker also after you refrigerate)

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2024

Lamb chops, crab cake, and green beans

Yep, only in Maryland. :smile: :+1: … it’s probably as bad when a truck load of cigarettes wrecks, and spills cartons all over the place. People went nuts… :slight_smile:

Worked in the yard most the day, and the Wife made some Fried Chicken, Creamed Broccoli, Pepperoni, Cherry Tomatoes and Olives. Also had a Grape Zevia and lots of Tea.

IMG_4951

Long time ago I saw a truck hauling a giant barrel of eggnog Liqueur have an accident, and the barrel sprung a leak. People with buckets showed up seemingly out of nowhere, more and more people with buckets…

Asparagus, Mahi Mahi and tiny shrimp in a butter, cream and lemon sauce. Mahi Mahi is now on my list of favorite sea foods.

(Mame) #2029

looks so good! any capers in that sauce? :wink:

There would have been if I had any…they would have been perfect. Also, some would have wanted to add a thickener, I didn’t and was happy though.

Yep, folks definitely don’t want to miss a freebie. :slight_smile: When I posted about the cigarette truck wrecking on the beltway, my Wife also mentioned about when a beer truck was also in a wreck. Again, folks were running around bagging up all the beer that didn’t bust open, both in cases, or singles. Whatever they could get their hands on. … Funny how folks can jump into action and spread the word so quick with something like this, but any other time, move around like sloths and can’t be compelled to do much. :smile: