What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Dinner before the Hurricane… Rotisserie Duck with Lettuce and Yellow Tomato. I ate half, and the other half was put away. Either my Son will take it to work tomorrow, or the Girls will get it. - (The had some already tonight) But after we leave early tomorrow morning, we won’t get back home until sometime late tomorrow night, so probably won’t eat anything, since we will be manning Pumping Stations throughout the event. … Anyone that happens to reside on or along the eastern shore, stay safe folks.

IMG_4917 IMG_4923

IMG_4926

(Jane) #1993

Leftover ribeye (crazy, I know!) made into stirfry with garden squash and peppers.

(Karen) #1994

Turkey, asparagus w holindaise
Blueberries creamimage
I love asparagus.

(Jody) #1995

Maybe an odd question … what brand Cottage Cheese do you get? I used to get Great Value 4%, but I found there are too many ingredients. I moved to Daisy and if they are out of that … I will get Breakstone’s.

Also do you prefer large or small curd? I prefer large curd.

(Candy Lind) #1996

Dave, stay safe today and thanks for your hard work!

No pic today, I just ate leftovers from the last pic. Stay safe out there!

(Neil) #1998

Cheese! Really just an excuse to use the new chalkboard cheese markers that I just acquired. Still need to get a nice board to present cheeses on, though.

(Neil) #1999

Balsamic braised short ribs. Six hours in my Instant Pot using its slow cooker mode. Very tender!

Side dish was a balsamic arugula salad with sautéed mushrooms and topped with a fried egg:

@Jody22 … I use the Daisy brand as well Jody, and believe it is also the large curd.

Thank you, Ma’am. The Hurricane came through and did quite a bit of damage, but I think it could have been much worse. It actually came through faster then expected, so blew out earlier, which was good.

It was actually worse down in my area where I live, and started shortly after I got up at 4am. We started getting the Tornado warnings at 4:15am, and they didn’t stop for a few hours. We did have a few touch down quite close to my place and the Wife even spent a little while down in the basement with the Pups since I unfortunately had to head out to work. (Believe me, I hate to have to leave here there alone.) But I pretty much ended up driving within the storm itself the entire way to work, so it made that hour drive a bit longer than I would have liked) - It cleared out a few hours ago, but the cleanup from all the damage it left will take some time to clean up. I just stopped by my office to grab a quick bite and double check the weather before releasing staff in a little while. :slight_smile: … Thanks again

Quick bite… actually didn’t plan on eating, not knowing the outcome of the storm

IMG_4932

(Candy Lind) #2001

When i was looking for a gift, I saw some nice slate ones on Amazon. If you run out of markers you can write on the slate, too.

Late Dinner… Wife made some Burgers. Added Onions, Mushrooms and Sour Cream. With Olives, Cheese and Pepperoni. Also a Cream Soda Zevia and some Vinegar soaked Cucumbers. - Second burger came after I was eating the first one.

IMG_4935 IMG_4937

Pork sausage stuffed with Mozarella, cherry tomatoes and Anaheim peppers and wrapped in bacon. It was good. Bacon and sausage together was a bit of an overkill, next time I will mix a little chopped bacon into the stuffing and wrap in cabbage leaves. I’ll perfect this yet!

(Virginia ) #2004

Short ribs look so good. :slight_smile:

Nowadays I don’t eat when satiated and the food tend to disappear before I could make a photo but you already saw my quiche. I must say I am very thankful for this thread, I got the idea of crustless quiche here and it’s so pretty, so versatile, so good and one of the very few dishes that both members of my tiny family gladly eat any time. I put various vegetables in some (onion, carrot, broccoli and cauliflower this time. just a bit but they are pretty and Alvaro likes them in his quiche) and bacon in others (mine, mine! but Alvaro got one too because I am very generous and loving. but seriously, he isn’t even into super fatty bacon…) as I use my muffin mold that makes 12 not so small muffin shaped things :slight_smile: I managed to buy tasty bacon this time and it suits my quiche wonderfully! There are blessed, fated encounters, it’s one of them. I need to make a bigger amount next time, experiment time isn’t quite over yet but the result is always great.
I used sour cream for half of the bunch and that works too. I can buy good sour cream way more easily around here, it’s cheaper and we always have a lot, I even try to avoid cream right now… Both versions are good just different. I love sour cream.

Next time I bring photos but it felt relevant. If I think of quiche, I think of this thread :slight_smile:

Lunch today and OMAD… Rotisserie Chicken, some Pepperoni, Cream Soda Zevia and Iced Tea.

IMG_4939

New York steak with roasted Anaheim pepper and heirloom cherry tomatoes.

Lunch at home… Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Hamburger with Sour Cream and Grape Zevia.

IMG_4943

Hamburgers smothered in Mozarella on a bed of lettuce, tomatoes, onions and pickled mushrooms. Yum!

(Neil) #2010

Breakfast: cheese! The Wildfire Blue had some hot peppers mixed in, which was an interesting experience. Loved the Le Cayrol goat cheese. Truffle Tremor is an old favourite that I’ve had many times, and the Annelies brought back fond memories of the “cheese cake” I served at our wedding.

Dinner: slow cooker chocolate chicken mole. Made this with fancy 65% Valrhona baking chocolate and it was delicious!

The avocado gods were kind to me this time:

Dinner was with my wife’s family, so she added a side salad, corn, and Mexican rice:

Dessert was a few squares of dark chocolate from San Francisco:

Last nights last minute Dinner… Smoked Vienna’s, Olives, Sharp Cheese and a NY Strip Steak.

IMG_4945 IMG_4944

Then today’s late lunch… 6 Egg Omelette with Pepperoni & Sour Cream and some Bacon. Also a Cream Soda Zevia and Almond Milk.

IMG_4946