What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Alex ) #1427

How do you get your mayo to last @Shortstuff - or do you just make enough to last you 1-2 days? - always seems a faff for the longevity you get from it.

Like the chicken roasting tool though :slight_smile:

(Allie) #1428

I just make up enough for three ish days at a time.

(Allie) #1429

This better be nice for what it cost me :open_mouth:

(Running from stupidity) #1430

LOL, I was thinking that earlier :grinning:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1431

Ok, first time cooking non-minced beef! It wasnā€™t steak. The English on the label says ā€œho beef front qtrā€. Best translation I can do from the Chinese is shoulder. So I chopped it into chunks and fried them in butter on a heritage IKEA cast iron pan. I heated wood ear mushrooms in the same panā€¦ it was a little scary! They pop! One flew out of my kitchen into the living room! And then added Chefā€™s secret sesame vinigar sauce.

It ainā€™t pretty, but it was tasty.

(Janelle) #1432

Ruina - have you tried this? We saw it st a sweets shop, funnily enough, in Shanghai. Just one of the many things at which I shook my head. But hey - itā€™s ā€œnonsugarā€!

(Alex ) #1433

Gammon done - this will last a few days!

An absolute steal from Aldi if anyone wants the same - Ā£3.69 for 1.3kg is super value! I havent bought ANY pre cooked meat since cooking these.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1434

Itā€™s surprising that itā€™s no sugar added! Meat floss is a common ingredient in sweet treats. Back when I was a bread eating vegetarian Iā€™d always ask what is inside a bun. Just because thereā€™s sugar on top doesnā€™t mean there isnā€™t meat inside! And the ones with pork floss on top will still be quite sweet.

(Alex ) #1435

meat floss is just a very disturbing phrase as it is!

(Blessed with butter ) #1436

Lazy dog Las Vegas Nevada

(Blessed with butter ) #1437

Yes latest. Lol. It was sooooo yummy m

(Cindy) #1438

Yesterday was a harder day for me. We host equestrian training clinics here and weā€™re in the midst of a clinicā€¦so when thereā€™s muffins and other munchies available, itā€™s a bit harder to stick with keto. Iā€™d toyed with the idea of fasting today but decided, no, instead, Iā€™d focus on just eating my favorite keto foods.

This is the keto moussaka I made earlier this week and some leftover green beans (with a couple of broccoli pieces thrown in).

(Mike W.) #1439

Great band name.

(Mike W.) #1440

Big ass salad with bacon, chicken, avocado, crumbled blue cheese and homemade ranch. Couldnā€™t even finish the whole thing.

(Kristin) #1441

Nothing fancy for my 1st meal of the day - just the classic bacon and eggs.

No photo, more of an experience. Woke up today, my wife sleeping in, my daughter asked to have breakfast with me. Normally I am at work super early in the mornings so the weekend is nice for doing this.

Of course I wasnā€™t hungry in the slightest, and have what I perceive to be pretty reliable internal signaling now, so hunger is a very precise thing. However I love eating with her because we can talk about the foods and how they taste. I ended up cooking some bacon, some delicious pork bratwursts I picked up at the local butcher (no sugar, dextrose, wheat, all the other nonsense you find in supermarket sausages), and some eggs.

Nothing fancy but it was fun showing her how I cooked it all. She always loves the fatty bits of the bacon so I donā€™t get my fair share! Now feeling full, I will definitely be good through tonight, and might just make this an OMAD.

(Ashley) #1443

Taco salad! Added my own guacamole! Just a small pizza joint that hooks me up!

(Kristin) #1444

Yum! Thatā€™s one of my favorite meals.

One of my favorites as well. Hard to beat a nice Taco-Salad. :yum:

(Ashley) #1446

I love that itā€™s super cheap too, itā€™s like $6 for everything. And it fills me up most of the day if not the entire! Who says keto has to be expensive?