What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Heather Meyer) #1307

recipe please :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #1308

Blackened fresh local asparagus spears sit atop two hand-crafted chicken sausages, panfried low and slow in beurre noisette. spicing it up is our select houseblend ketoslaw, and a slice of creamy Tasmanian Brie to finish it off.

OK, so the photo is of my wife’s meal. I didn’t have the asparagus.

Romaine lettuce, ranch dressing, and about 6oz of guacamole. Delicious! Got some crunch, nice fat, some spice from the guacamole, and just a bit of sweet from a tiny bit of tomatoes and the romaine.

(Mike W.) #1310

Why no asparagus?

Well, I broke a fast at 41 hrs. after some screwy sinus issues and having a headache most the day. … The wife was making Delmonico Steaks for lunch, but somehow that turned into Steak, Eggs, Bacon & Sausage Links.

(Doug) #1312

Damn, Dave, you are hitting a lot of homeruns here.

Light lunch. Doing all meat & fat for dinner. Or fasting if not hungry!

Thanks, Doug. I just thought a Steak would be nice, didn’t know it was coming with all the trimmings. :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #1315

I don’t like it, really. And it’s not cheap (well, it’s not TOO bad now), and it’s just veges, anyway.

(Mike W.) #1316

Bummer. It’s numero uno on my veggie list. Especially with truffle oil and truffle salt.

(Running from stupidity) #1317

Yeah, I don’t really like them, either. Much cheaper just to pour petrol onto the stuff than use truffle oil, same taste :slight_smile:

My wife LOVES asparagus, so I’m buying it like crazy ATM. Trying to burn her out on it before it gets expensive again.

(Central Florida Bob ) #1318

What are the blackberries sitting on? Whipped cream? An ice cream?

Maybe I shouldn’t ask.

(Candy Lind) #1319

Guess it’s going to be an “eat big” day. Woke up hungry (not normal); fixed bacon-n-eggs, then decided to go for “leftover soup” - REALLY leftover - a little turkey gizzard, a little meat loaf (and it held together!), collards, asparagus, okra, roasted radish with spices, salt, pepper. My fridge has more room in it - which I need for Thanksgiving prep! :sunglasses:

Candy, I had a similar experience yesterday. Planned to eat a big breakfast that turned into a bigger breakfast.

I think I’ll have four, no make that five eggs, and four sausage patties. Let’s have, what’s that 10, no make that 12 pieces of bacon. You know what, pickles sound good too!

:laughing: :laughing: :yum:

(Running from stupidity) #1321

#gohardorgohome

(Jane) #1322

:rofl:

(Mike W.) #1323

Whipped cream. That’s it. Yum.

(Cathy) #1324

Cranberry Hazelnut Crisps

Cook Time 30 minutes

Serving Yield 64-72 crackers

These cranberry hazelnut crisps are keto-friendly and bake in bulk to make holiday entertaining a breeze.

By: All Day I Dream About Food

Ingredients

• 2 large Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cranberries (can use freeze-dried)
  • 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
  • 3 cups almond flour
  • 1/4 cup erythritol sweetener (use a brown sugar version if possible)
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

Directions

STEP 1

Preheat the oven to 350F and grease 4 mini loaf pans well.

STEP 2

Use a sharp knife to finely chop the cranberries, hazelnuts, and pumpkin seeds. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the almond flour, sweetener, baking soda and salt.

STEP 3

Stir in the eggs, ½ cup water, and the apple cider vinegar until well combined. The mixture will be like a thick batter. It won’t be pourable but it should be scoopable. If it’s too thick to stir properly, add water 1 tablespoon at a time until it thins out.

STEP 4

Divide the mixture among the prepared mini loaf pans and smooth the tops. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and firm to the touch.

STEP 5

Remove and let cool completely in the pans. Once cool, remove from the pans and place in the freezer for at least one hour. They need to be very firm for cutting but they shouldn’t be frozen solid.

STEP 6

Preheat the oven again to 250F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

STEP 7

Use a large sharp non-serrated knife to slice as thinly as possible, no more than Âź inch thick. Place the slices on the prepared baking sheets and bake 20 to 30 minutes, until browned and firm to the touch. Turn off the oven and let the crisps stay inside until completely cool.

NOTES

It’s important to chop the dried cranberries and nuts up well, as larger pieces make it more difficult to slice the bread thinly. Very thin slices crisp up best.

The bread should be very cold before slicing. After you cool the bread, it should be popped in the freezer for an hour or two. You don’t want it frozen solid but it should be quite firm as you cut into it.

Slice using a really sharp non-serrated knife. Cut straight down to get thin slices, no more than 1/4 inch thick, so that they crisp up properly.

If your crisps get soft after sitting out for a while, you can simply crisp them back up in a 200F oven for 20 minutes or so.

Well apparently my wife is telling me I’m feeling better tonight. Because when she asked if I was eating tonight, I said no, but the plate she made me says differently. :smile: But it was good though.

Some Fish, Cauliflower, Bacon, Pickles, Sharp Cheese and Boiled Eggs.

And even made me an after dinner dish…

(Mike W.) #1326

Nothing wrong with making “snacks” a meal! Looks great.