What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Mike W.) #1125

Sometimes you just need a B.A.S.S. Big Ass Steak Salad.

Damn that looks good.

Love Steak on my Salads. Also Fried Mushrooms. … Even better with both. :slight_smile:

(Mike W.) #1128

While I agree, I had had my fill of mushrooms for the day. See my lunch post…lol

(Mike W.) #1129

Thanks. I was only to finish about 2/3. Lots of fat.

I forgot my lunch at home today, so I went to the grocery store and bought a rotisserie chicken and feta cheese.
Who knew chicken thigh with salty feta would be so delicious?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1131

Planned broccoli, etc. But by the end of a long day, I just wanted heavily salted and buttered steak!

(Running from stupidity) #1132

GENIUS!

(Karen) #1133

Having taken a bite of an acorn when I was a kid I wouldn’t do it twice. I remember it being bitter and Drying

(Karen) #1134

Doubt the crab meat is real but it’s not to Carby for Krab

(Karen) #1135

Nice presentation Mike

(Running from stupidity) #1136

Hot-pan scrambled eggs, with Lime and Pepper Haloumi, spam, and locally sourced bacon.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1137

The flavor of this was very mild. But looking up their carb content afterwards I see why they are the nut of choice to fatten up for winter for cartoon squirrels.

(Allie) #1138

Today’s OMAD breakfast. Oven roast belly pork slices with scrambled eggs and my turmeric mayo creation. All cooked in ghee.

(Running from stupidity) #1139

Brisket done right - 30 hours of low and slow cooking while marinading in a special combination of vegetables and house-created stock, then the brisket is pulled and returned to the pot to soak up the goodness before it is served up with cheesy cauliflower mash.

Heavens, juice :open_mouth: that looks incredible!

(Mike W.) #1141

Thanks!

(Running from stupidity) #1142

Screenshot taken, and sent to my wife, as she wasn’t at all excited by it :slight_smile:

I liked it, and I liked it even more with a little no extra sugar tomato sauce, but, according to her: “Well, it was edible.”

TBF, I’ll eat pretty much anything that doesn’t have fish or coriander in it, and she’s much pickier, and I did pretty much use up a bunch of aging veges in the fridge. I was told to use the old cabbage, and there was a leek and mushrooms and a tomato and so on.

I was really spaced yesterday morning, and I was just wanting to get it done and cooking, so I didn’t put the info into Cronometer until it had all been seared and so on and was cooking. As a result, it had way too many veges and thus carbs because I was using it as a “use them rather than throw them out” dish.

And it’s fair to say she wasn’t thrilled with the carb count. (Well, neither was I, really, but we’re just 2MAD for at least a fortnight as we experiment with it, and so it’s not terrible in terms of the day.)

So now I need to find a new brisket recipe that’s pretty plain so it can be pulled and then used for things like deconstructed tacos, and so on.

Lamb seekh kabobs with guacamole. Breakfast of champions!

(Mike W.) #1144

Yes!!!