What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Diane) #7131

Thanks. I haven’t liked the brands I’ve found in local markets (they have a very weird, soft texture) including the Hispanic markets. Doesn’t look like this Texas brand is available here either, though I’ll definitely keep my eyes open.

I did find a hack on the Bon Appetit website. They suggest using hot Italian sausage and adding smoked paprika and 1 TBS of apple cider vinegar per pound of sausage. No, less than helpfully, it doesn’t say how much of the smoked paprika to add.

(Diane) #7132

Lunch is leftovers. Not pictured is the artichoke which I ate (with mayo thinned with lemon juice and added salt) while the hot dogs were cooking.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7133

Decided to celebrate my first week as Supervisor with a meatloaf for dinner! The recipe had a cream gravy with it which I regret not making…was still yummy though!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7134

Nothing says celebration quite like meatloaf!(?) :rofl:

Looks good, though and congrats on your new position.

I use a powder, and mostly HWC since the BF uses that for coffee. I actually prefer it with coconut milk though, I just tend to not use it all up before it expires and hate wasting food (unsweetened refrigerated coconut milk)I keep meaning to try it with canned coconut milk because it has more fat. There is a bright flavor to the matcha that matches very well with plant milks.
I find a bit of vanilla really goes well with it too, makes it sweeter and more latte-like.
There are different grades of matcha… ceremonial or culinary. The ceremonial is amazing but super pricy. The best rule of thumb is the brighter green it is the better it will taste. Some of the culinary grades can be a bit gritty or bitter. Culinary is so fresh and sweet, I don’t even need milk with it.
You do have to whisk it up well since it’s a suspension and not a brew. I use a little battery powered milk frother or I whisk by rolling the whisk handle between my palms to really aerate it.
I quit drinking coffee last year because it makes me anxious, I drink many kinds of tea now but have settled on matcha for my morning brew because it’s slightly higher in caffeine than reg. green tea but it’s high in l-theanine, which slows down the caffeine hit so you have a longer and calmer effect. You don’t get jittery or have a steep caffeine crash after a couple hours. One mug of matcha keeps me going for most of the day. I especially like drinking it now since my vegetable intake is way lower than before and it’s crazy high in antioxidants.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7136

:joy::joy::joy:
Thank you! :kissing_heart:
It’s a Meatloaf Party here in Canterbury tonight @x-Dena-x I’ll send you an invite next time!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7137

This is awesome information! Thank you for this!
I found ceremonial matcha on the Fortnum and Mason website…wasn’t sure if I should splash out or not but I’d like to get a nice one to ensure that I like it! I’ve heard before that it’s a nice slow caffeine hit which I love the sound of. Since starting keto I’ve become less dependent on massive caffeine hits, I still drink coffee because I love the taste nowadays!
I’ll have a look and see what culinary ones are available here in the UK. I did notice yours looked super frothy so I wasn’t sure how you did that.
You definitely know your stuff! Thank you :blush:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #7138

They opened a new seafood restaurant by my apt and I decided to give it a try for lunch today since I took the day off work.

Crab cake, cod, shrimp, and asparagus on a cream sauce. Spicy tartar on the side :ok_hand:t4:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7139

Good for making a pot of delicious soup. :man_cook:t3:

@DiMo I plan on trying a homemade batch next, I like the look of this one.

Ingredients

• 1 lb coarsely ground lean pork
  • 6 oz coarsely ground pork fat (ask your butcher)
  • 5 cloves garlic ,minced
  • 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
  • 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 4 tablespoons cider vinegar

I will be substituting regular ground fatty pork for the lean pork and fat. Probably do it next week. :cowboy_hat_face:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #7140

Blue cheese pork chop, salsa broccoli and a baby tomato. It was yummy!

(Diane) #7141

That’s sounds promising. Looking forward to your report!

:grin:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7142

That’s a beautiful plate and it looks scrumptious. :cowboy_hat_face:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #7143

Aww, thanks David!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7144

Brats and Fried Sauerkraut

Definitely a piggy feast day, :cowboy_hat_face:

Edit: I only was able to eat 3 because Keto is a glutton free diet. :rofl:

Spicy pepperoni and peppers pizza on one side of the plate…
Italian Speck (fancy azz ham) and 3 mushroom on the other
Fathead dough and Smoked scarmoza mozzarella

Not a lot of energy in me for cooking a today, so I baked some fish and microwaved some asparagus. Pretty good

(Jane) #7147

A porky dinner. Not pictured: salad with lettuce picked from our garden with onion, tomatoes, avocado and grated cheese.

Pork belly smoked 4 hours then finished in the oven.

Pork butt sous vide for 24 hours and pulled apart.

(Jane) #7148

The rest of the pork butt after I shredded it. Yummy. Sous vide at 166F for 24 hours.

Tonight’s OMAD… Salad, couple Dungeness Crabs, Salmon, Bacon, Steak and a new Deviled Egg recipe my wife tried tonight. Deviled Egg then turned over on top fried Mozzarella Cheese. Quite good.

(Ernest) #7150

Steak pizza using outer Aisle crust