What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

I’m totally going to do this soon because I remember really loving beef stew

(Ernest) #6912

Back in stock at Sam’s Club… Bacon slabs!!!

(Ashley) #6913

Huh, I buy wright bacon but have never seen these.

(Ernest) #6914

They had a test run a few months ago. I just found them back in stock today. Take that picture and show it to your local Sam’s club manager.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6915

@Ernest

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Ernest) #6916

That’s how I like it. I cook the whole slab sous vide then sear thick slices!!!

There are a couple of granola recipes on AllDayIDreamAboutFood.com. I really like the peanut butter one; I make it pretty regularly. And they are definitely very low carb (eaten in moderation) and the carb counts are posted with the recipes.

I was working on some genealogy stuff tonight, didn’t realize the time and when I did I didn’t feel like cooking. So, I ordered in for the first time since January. Ordered online from my favorite burger joint (which is also a bowling alley :grin: ) and got a burger with mushrooms, grilled onions, and bacon. There was no option for bunless, but I just put it in the notes and it came that way. Opted for the side salad instead of tots or sweet potato fries (didn’t realize it came croutons, but I just picked them off). I also ordered some fried Brussels sprouts, which I may regret. But I’m trying to be a grown-up.

(Candy Lind) #6918

It does my heart good to see a bacon convert! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Candy Lind) #6919

I’m putting you to work again! Could you give a step-by-step on how you boiled/roasted/baked/microwaved the daikon, whether you tried to “dry it out” before mashing, how much Garlic you put in it, etc? I’ve been thinking about trying daikon like this, but have been a little wary.

I just roasted two pounds of regular red radishes and two pounds of carrots (I still need to do roast 2 lb. radishes, an onion, and a head of celery) to go with that roast I insta-potted. Then I’ll make the gravy and split it up into meal-size portions for the freezer. I will post pics of the completed project.

(Candy Lind) #6920

So, did you regret the fried Brussels Sprouts, or are you a convert? If you didn’t like them fried, look up a recipe for bacon Brussels gratin and give it a go.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6921

Simple I cut it in 1/2” cubes and put in a pot with cold water while I did some other stuff. Changed the water and boiled them, once boiling I added plain old cheap salt to the water like for pasta until fork tender. Drained, add HWC, butter, garlic powder and salt. I like white pepper but black is fine. Also a little dried parsley in there. Return to heat. Mash with a potato masher. Taste and correct flavors. Just how I used to do mashed potatoes. :man_cook:t3:

(Candy Lind) #6922

Awesome. I hope there’s some daikon at the Farmer’s Market in the morning! I was also thinking “cheesy garlic daikon.” Just because … cheese. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Ashley) #6923

Cheesy garlic sounds amazing!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #6924

Your food pyramid avatar is gone and now I have to learn to recognize this new one. Huffs & Puffs.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6925

Its been a full-on couple of days so I’ve not had a chance to post any of my meals…to be honest they’ve not even been post-worthy! :joy:
Today’s lunch is bacon strips, egg, olives, kielbasa, smoky chorizo and mayo! :yum:

Keto No-Bake Cookies (Coconut Haystacks)

Ingredients :

• 1 cup Lily’s Chocolate Chips
  • 1 tsp coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup slivered almonds, chopped up
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
  • Several drops of EZ-Sweetz

Directions :

1. Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to microwave bowl
  2. Microwave in 20-second bursts, stirring in between, until liquid
  3. Mix in other ingredients
  4. Spoon onto a silicone mat or onto parchment paper
  5. Allow to cool

I refrigerated them to cool them off. They became very hard and tough to take a bite of. But when brought back to room temperature, they were easy to bite off pieces, but were a little gooey and sticky on the bottom. They melt easily in the hand.

Yes. I know what they look like. :slight_smile:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #6927

Every time I go to Wegmans looking for these, they’re sold out. So today when I wasn’t looking for them, of course I stumble across them :joy: pretty excited to try it and feel like I’m eating pizza :woman_shrugging:t4: and yes I realize I could make this same thing myself, or make a fathead crust but remember guys: I’m lazy like @dlc96_darren

(traci simpson) #6928

Sounds like Elizabeth City? We just rain but it wasn’t anything really.

As a new lover of bacon, I may have just swooned a bit

I haven’t been eating it for long, but we have 2 humans and 2 dogs in this household and our weekly average bacon consumption is 6-7 packs a week :face_with_hand_over_mouth:. I’m not sure if that’s too much or too little, lol. I have a theory I will slow down after I eat it awhile… but is soooo good. Like meat cotton candy, It practically melts in your mouth. I think I need to go bake a tray RIGHT NOW