What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Doug) #6570

:sunglasses: I only ate the one, David!

It really was a fun thing - the grill is directly behind the bar.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6571

We call that Canadian Bacon, Back Bacon or Ham as it’s made from lean pork loin instead of pork belly. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6572

Country Style Sunday Breakfast

Keto Sausage Gravy with a Coconut Flour Biscuit and Scrambled Eggs

I have my son for ten days while his mom is traveling, having a nice Sunday morning with him. :cowboy_hat_face:

David, have you started that recipe thread yet?

I’m thinking: “David’s Delectable Dishes”.

Sorry if I missed it, but if you haven’t, THIS IS AN OFFICIAL WARNING to get started on it. :grin:

Be sure to put that “Country Style Sunday Breakfast” on there!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6574

Yeah yeah, I have had my girl visiting followed by Steven coming for ten days so it’s on the list! :man_cook:t3:

:cowboy_hat_face:

Ok.
Yes, it was back bacon. I guess if I’d used streaky bacon you’d just call it bacon?

Ham is usually pre cooked here. Although just to confuse things you can get pre cooked bacon. Bacon is described as pre cooked, ham is just ham although the method of cooking can be used if it makes a difference to taste eg honey roast ham.

(Khara) #6576

Ya, found it.
@HelenM @CandyLindTX

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6577

Are you in England? Where does gammon fit in? @ClareBear eats that often. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Khara) #6578

So the term for you is actually “streaky bacon”? You’re not just using a descriptive word there? Ya, for us it’s just bacon. :bacon: See, like the emoji. :nerd_face:

I have gotten a European style bacon here and it’s a wider cut but still doesn’t look quite as solid and even and smooth as your picture. It’s great for homemade eggs Benedict.

And, yes, we are on the same page with the ham. :+1:

(Khara) #6579

Canadian bacon. Good for pizza or homemade Egg McMuffins. :slightly_smiling_face:

In the picture you posted the top is back bacon and the bottom is streaky bacon. It’s all ‘bacon’. Mostly (in my experience) if people want bacon it’s back bacon they mean.

American bacon (in image) I would call pork belly slices. It’s usually uncured over here.

I am.
Gammon is a different cure/cut, very similar to bacon but tends to be leaner.
I get it raw, either as steaks or a joint. Joints can be roasted or boiled and steaks are usually grilled, fried or baked. Steaks are often served with eggs or pineapple.

(Khara) #6582

Funny. If people say bacon here, they mean the streaky kind. (The regular folk anyway. I imagine most ketoers would be pretty happy with either.)

(Ellen) #6583

In the UK that’s called back bacon (as opposed to streaky), not sure if that helps?

Early OMAD today… Meaty Salad, and Sous Vide Top Sirloin with Butter Fried Mushrooms, sliced Roast Beef and Pickles and Olives.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6585

Don’t quote me on this…but I’m almost certain that gammon and roast ham are the same thing?!
Ahh @David_Stilley you got me wanting gammon now! :joy::rofl:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6586

I have done once before, might be time to make some more!! :blush:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6587

Ok now you two have got me thinking about gammon steaks! I’ve just eaten and I’m already thinking about what to eat tomorrow! :rofl:

(Diane) #6588

Yep. This thread’ll do it every time. It works even better when you’re fasting!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #6589

Ribeye with asparagus and mushrooms