What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Lauren) #6307

Steak, shrimp, asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash. All covered in a homemade Alfredo sauce.

Was actually going to Fast from today’s earlier meal, but the Wife was making a few things she wanted me to try, so I just went ahead and ate something with them.

She threw together a Chicken/Ham/Broccoli Casserole, using HWC, Cream Cheese, Mozzarella and Parmesan, which was quite good indeed. Also a version Shrimp Scampi, with Pickles & Olives. … Also had some Halo Top Ice Cream and 2 squares Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate.

Seconds on the Casserole

Now I want chicken legs.

(Ernest) #6310

salmon

(Khara) #6311

Spent the weekend at a conference. Was a bit worried about going off keto but managed to do really well. All meals were keto. Supplemented a bit with Starbucks Americanos and heavy cream. Avoided the ridiculous piles of candy and cookies and chips and homemade treats. I’m really pleased with myself. I know that if I’d given in to the temptations I’d feel terrible and sick and bloated but instead I feel great.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6312

Seared Teriyaki Ahi

Broc Cauli Asparagus Cheddar Soup

:cowboy_hat_face:

For not-dinner cooking today, I made waffles. This is a lesson in how not to buy a waffle iron. When I bought it, I went to the store, looked at the waffle irons on the shelf and picked one. It was maybe $20. Who spends a lot on a waffle iron? It takes about 8 minutes to cook a single f*ing waffle. You will die of old age while cooking a batch of waffles. The bad waffle iron is the white Oster on the left. Also pictured is my Mom’s waffle iron (the silver one) which will cook a waffle in about 4-1/2 minutes. By the time I was done, the silver iron was nearly a waffle ahead. For people like me who lack patience for standing around and watching waffle irons, this is huge.

Mmmm… waffles. The white waffle maker also makes crappy waffles. They are smaller and have shallower holes. I happen to like shallow holes in my waffles, because that means you get more waffle and less air, but I realize this is a contrary opinion, re: waffles. Anyway, when they’re cool, they’re going in the freezer.

I’m not sure if they’re testing out different ordering systems but I was at a kiosk today (daughter really wanted McD after ballet) and couldn’t see any way to remove the bun. Virtually everything else about the burger was configurable but it was insistent that I was going to get a bread blanket for my beef. Is there a step I’m missing? (maybe I need glasses)

(Diane) #6315

I haven’t eaten at McDonald’s for months. But my past experience suggests that they tweak these things ALL the time. What works at one visit, won’t work the next time you go. This forces you to go to the register to make your special order (where you will invariably run into the newest hire- since the register is where they put them) who will give you a blank stare and have to find someone to tell them how to put the order in, if you can convince them it’s possible. Or maybe that’s just me. :smirk:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6316

o

Chopped spinach with melted ghee, chicken breast, avocado, left over salami slices and mayo!

(mole person) #6317

Probably not. I’m in Canada. It might very well be regional differences if more people here tend to want that option.

I’m actually at McDonald’s now having my morning Americano. Unfortunately, only the breakfast menu is up but the lunch menu has similar choices.

(mole person) #6318

Lol…yup. if they have a brand new hire then the register is where they go. At least until it stops being overwhelming to them.

(Cathy) #6319

I made beef and broccoli last night too! I always marinade the sliced up steak for at least an hour and that makes it nice and tender. Your truffles look amazing!!

I marinated for a few hours, but I think I both sliced the beef too thick and cooked it too much. I’m very new to the whole steak thing. I’m better at slower methods like roasting and baking lol. The bf and the dogs both loved it, though. I told the bf that I require a gas stove and a larger wok when we move in the summer :smiley:

We are in love with these truffles. They are made with a brick of cream cheese, 1/2 stick of butter, a tablespoon or so of swerve sweetener, the zest and juice of one large lemon, a couple teaspoons of vanilla, a half cup of almond flour, and then coconut or crushed almonds for rolling in

(Little Miss Scare-All) #6321

“Mayo-Style” sauce has me shook. What could this be? :thinking:

(Diane) #6322

Yup!

(Karen) #6323

I thought the same although it may be that it’s largely mayonnaise and other spices and sauces. I’ll bet anything that has sugar in it though

(Ashley) #6324

One near me (Michigan) has the option to remove the bun! It may be different with each state!

(mole person) #6325

I looked it up. A couple of pats of butter are a much better fat option.

Mayonnaise-Style Sauce: Soybean oil, water, prepared mustard (water, mustard seed, vinegar, salt, mustard bran), liquid egg yolk, vinegar, sugar, salt, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate , calcium disodium.

Almost all my dogs canceled or rescheduled today so I barely had to work. I’m not upset on account I’ve been doing 55-60 hour weeks for near a month now. Took advantage of being home and made myself spicy fish with avocado. I couldn’t finish it all because it’s so filling, so the dogs got a few bites and are now fat and happy. It’s just tilapia with a bunch of spices fried in butter, so good.