What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #6006

Noted, I’ve been getting a little wild with subway and chipotle these days :grin:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6007

Pork Lo Mein

Daikon noodles, cabbage, carrot, onion, sousvide pork loin, oyster sauce, salt and white pepper.

Kind of gloomy today and I felt like keto comfort food. I made a stop at the Goodwill Store today and SCORED! Bodum 14 1/2” cast iron wok for $15 and a beautiful soufflé dish, I always wanted to try making a soufflé and now I have to figure out a keto version without milk or flour. I am up to the challenge and my best friend is here from Florida and will be staying with me next weekend. Seems like prime time to me. :man_cook:t3:

It’s really great with my new stove and does a fantastic job with daikon noodles which throw off a lot of water. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #6008

@David_Stilley is that a wok or a Peterbilt hub cap?? Holy shnikies.

Was that the cannabis infused bacon nectar? Did you just make keto pot brownies?

/so proud

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6010

@x-Dena-x It’s definitely an outdoor toy! It pretty much covers my kitchen stove in the house when it sits in the middle. It will only sit on the FR burner and it hangs about 5-6” over the edge of the stovetop. I have 5 woks. 11” stainless, 2 x 12” and
2 x 14 1/2”. One in each size of carbon steel and cast iron. This new one is outstanding. Cost way over $150 new.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6011

@ZuleikaD I made the cake with the oil saturated strainings. I didn’t actually add the oil but I think had quite a bit but needed a bit more moisture. It was an improvised coconut mug cake variation. I added a shot of espresso and cocoa but more would have been better. But I did sleep well last night!

While I haven’t turned myself against bacon yet, I am finding that I get really randomly grossed out now about certain meats lol - ate buffalo burgers for dinner one night and it was delicious, ate same next day for lunch and developed a food aversion!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #6013

I used to hate bacon as a kid, then I got older and kind liked it. Then I went keto and ended up with the keto flu, which coincided with eating this uncured thick cut bacon that made me sick, and I kept having nightmares about rotting bacon. Since then I can’t eat it, esp the thick cut uncured. Maybe I can get away with some fake, extra crispy stuff, but real quality bacon…Im ruined.

(Ashley) #6014

Didn’t take a pic but was out today so I had two jimmy johns gargantuans with lettuce instead of a bun! OMAD seems to be working for me atm as I am now officially 199.3lbs for a total years loss of about 60lbs. Which is a lot considering until recently I would have cheat meals a few times a month! Strictness paying off and got the scale moving again!

Catching up with a few meals (not everything I ate) from the past week.

McDonald’s GaffDeluxe

A double quarter pounder with cheese, no ketchup, no onions, no bun, add a sausage patty, add an egg, add cheese.

Rib eye and sides

Cooked the crap out of the asparagus (forgot, oops) but they were still nice. Gulped down with some queen olives and hot chili peppers (which I’ve become obsessed with).

Grilled salmon

Very simple lunch. Whole Foods, grilled salmon, add hot sauce.

Lamb

Very tasty lamb, grilled cauliflower, some dried shrimp I needed to use up.

Brisket

Insanely good for the price. Best lunch I’ve had in our office cafeteria in a long time. Had a few Brussels sprouts and a piece of dark chicken meat too.

(Troy) #6016

Nice😄
Never thought about adding the egg and sausage. Yum!!
Was that customizable in the app?
Mind me asking, what was the cost?

I never use the app but whenever I’ve tried to use the big kiosks they have almost no flexibility, e.g. I can’t find an option to remove the bun from the burger, so I suspect the app might be the same. I always just end up ordering it at the front (or from my car :us:) and never have an issue. Not sure of the price but I think it’s roughly $5-$6. There might be more cunning ways of ordering it that are cheaper but I find this to be quick and hassle-free.

(Troy) #6018

Great
Thank You!

You can order no bun w the McDonald’s App on their items
LIke you said, lots of cost effective ways to configure
Deals and offers
I’ll check for the egg and sausage to add customize

However, I order with the bun any ways
Reason —— It just keeps the other “pieces” in place
Especially, if not eating right away

So, the buns are the “cushion” , literally speaking😂

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6019

Looks like the perfect feast to me!!!

The other night we had a “butter bonanza”:

• Steamed green beans smothered in butter and fresh ground pepper
  • Lobster tail meat with a ton of butter and garlic/onion salt and smoked paprika

Is there anything that doesn’t taste good with lots of butter and a few spices? :slight_smile:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6021

Nice little picnic today of eggs, chicken breast, olives, mortadella, a slice of keto bread with butter AND cream cheese. I’m finding I’m hungry by the time I finish work. Hopefully this is enough protein and fat to see me through to dinner time!!

No pics, but I Keto’d my hubby! :grin:

Last night, I got him to watch Jason Fung’s 7 minute video on sugar. He forgot about it after a while, so it seemed. Later, while watching a movie, he wanted a bowl of ice cream. I brought him Kalamata olives and dill pickles! He didn’t hate it, but was surprised. I welcomed him to my world.

This morning, instead of his favorite cookies or toast, he got strips of turkey bacon and coffee.

(Jody) #6023

Do not think I posted this one last week…

Zero Noodles, Conecuh Sausage, Black Olives, Cheese. (off camera a sliced Avocado and 2 Smart Cakes for dessert)

Last night:

2 Grilled Chicken Thighs (skin on), “white meat” quarter of duck, salad (lettuce, cheese, bacon, blue cheese dressing), pickles and olives.

(less is more, more or less) #6024

What a hoot! My wife made that dish last week, using the “pop sugar” recipe. It was delicious. As you can see, my wife is a fan of green onions.

Paging @Ilana_Rose! She’s a McDonald’s ordering wizard!

It was soooo good, there weren’t any leftovers! :yum: