What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5986

Yes the salami becomes super crunchy…salt sprinkled on them adds to the saltiness which I love!
Good luck on reducing the dairy…I tried that and failed! :rofl:

I found that 15 minutes in my oven at 400° got the edges crunchy, but feared any more might start a burn, or make them too crispy? … But I will play around some tonight, as I’m making them. (I think the biggest thing with these, will be the prep is much easier, and you make them ahead of time, which I like.

(Ashley) #5988

I’ve reduced it dramatically, I’ve been eating mostly meat. But I still been having butter. I would eat loads of cheese which I haven’t been and I’ve cut out coffee with cream! It’s going alright but sometimes I just imagine eating a block of cheese!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5989

So I said no dairy for a while, but I was also too lazy to meal prep yesterday so I’m making due today with Burger King. No more dairy for a minute, starting after this meal.

Who wants my bacon? :face_vomiting:

Please don’t start riots in the food thread. :flushed: … Monitors never fair well during on-line food fights. :smile:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5991

Lmao! Piranha feeding frenzy!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5992

What type of cheese do you use?

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5993

Butter is so good. I’ve decided to ‘moderate’ my cheese intake, but not hold back on my HWC…I need the fat in the mornings.

(Ashley) #5994

I have a lot to fat to burn off still, roughly 60lbs. So basically eating some fat but mostly meat already containing fat to try to get my weight going again! (Still getting plenty of fat just from non dairy, still having more fat that protein) mostly just eating bacon, beef. Eggs with a bit of butter!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5995

Awesome!! Good luck with it all. Sounds like you’re doing brilliantly! :raised_hands::clap:

(Ernest) #5996

Got Beef?.. Smoke it

IMG_20190331_165006-picsay

(Ashley) #5997

Yummy!!!

I have used Cheddar (Wife’s favorite, but more oily) Provolone (My favorite, less oily) but I think I also tried Mexican Cheese (mixed yellow/white, which also worked well) and Colby, which also did ok.

Actually making the Mini-Meat-Taco’s as we speak. Should be done here shortly. :slight_smile: :crossed_fingers:

(Mandy) #5999

Made some spinach and artichoke dip for dinner tonight. So yummy with pork rind dippers!

Ok, so the Mini-Meat-Taco’s weren’t bad at all. Though I got the oven time wrong. (When I was trying so many things the other day, I recalled the wrong time amount) Not like I write stuff down :smile: … But if you cook the Salami shells 10 minutes, give or take depending on your oven, they should be fine. Mine just got a little overcooked on the first batch (Still ate them, and quite crunchy) but weren’t as pliable as they would break when you stuffed them. But it worked fine on the second batch. … And I have to remit one thing, they are not two-bite Taco’s, but single bite. :smile: … The wife said they were just the cutest thing.

The set up, showing the first ‘crunchy’ batch - Egg Salad stuffed Ham on the plates.

My 6 Mini-Meat-Taco’s. Along with Ham wrapped Egg-Salad, (some on the side) Pickles and Olives

Did I mention they were small? :smile:

So I ate some in a separate dish. (Not enough meat on just six of the little guys)

Finished it off with my Wife’s go-to, Strawberries, Strawberry and Blueberry Cream Cheese and some Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate.

(Ashley) #6001

They still look good and you can get bigger slices of salami so can make improvements to it!

That’s something I’m definitely looking into. As well as possibly any other meats that may work. But I have always liked Hard Salami, and I think the tighter general makeup of it, makes it a better source, where a softer meat would probably need a mold to keep it in shape while it cooled. … But I’m always looking at making different types of meals, and having fun doing so. :slight_smile: :+1:

My Son laughed when he saw the picture of me holding the Mini-Taco. Said it looked like I was eating off a Saucer, eating munchkin food from an Easy-Bake oven or something. :smile: … That’s actually a full sized dinner plate in the background, but it just looks small in the image.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #6003

@Digital_Dave those tacos are uber cute!!! I love mini versions of things!!!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #6004

No pic, sorry :woman_shrugging:t4: but tonight I made a nice sized ribeye (a little over a pound), asparagus, and mushrooms as my OMAD for tomorrow and Wednesday. I’m back into carb counting mode since I’ve been at a stall for a while. I’ve been doing a little TOO lazy Keto :joy: also trying to see if OMAD helps break the stall. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t4:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6005

@beccs Stay away from restaurants and it will probably work in your favor. :cowboy_hat_face: