What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

The other night we had a “butter bonanza”:

• Steamed green beans smothered in butter and fresh ground pepper
  • Lobster tail meat with a ton of butter and garlic/onion salt and smoked paprika

Is there anything that doesn’t taste good with lots of butter and a few spices? :slight_smile:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6021

Nice little picnic today of eggs, chicken breast, olives, mortadella, a slice of keto bread with butter AND cream cheese. I’m finding I’m hungry by the time I finish work. Hopefully this is enough protein and fat to see me through to dinner time!!

No pics, but I Keto’d my hubby! :grin:

Last night, I got him to watch Jason Fung’s 7 minute video on sugar. He forgot about it after a while, so it seemed. Later, while watching a movie, he wanted a bowl of ice cream. I brought him Kalamata olives and dill pickles! He didn’t hate it, but was surprised. I welcomed him to my world.

This morning, instead of his favorite cookies or toast, he got strips of turkey bacon and coffee.

(Jody) #6023

Do not think I posted this one last week…

Zero Noodles, Conecuh Sausage, Black Olives, Cheese. (off camera a sliced Avocado and 2 Smart Cakes for dessert)

Last night:

2 Grilled Chicken Thighs (skin on), “white meat” quarter of duck, salad (lettuce, cheese, bacon, blue cheese dressing), pickles and olives.

(less is more, more or less) #6024

What a hoot! My wife made that dish last week, using the “pop sugar” recipe. It was delicious. As you can see, my wife is a fan of green onions.

Paging @Ilana_Rose! She’s a McDonald’s ordering wizard!

It was soooo good, there weren’t any leftovers! :yum:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6026

Bacon Eggs and Golden Sauerkraut

Of course I had a quadruple espresso with cream. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6027

My secret about ordering food from McDonald’s is to think about it and decide that I would be better off fasting for a few hours till I can find a healthy food source or go home and eat. :man_cook:t3:. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Christy) #6028

Have you tried RoRo BBQ over in Fremont? It is spectacular :drooling_face:

(Jane) #6029

How do you cook your crispy kale? I’ll be planting done kale seeds next weekend and hope for a nice crop like I had 2 years ago.

I made a lot of kale chips so wondering how you make your dish. Looks yummy.

Sounds delicious. I didn’t even think about tuna patties all this time. Duh! I’ll have to add it to my lunch list this week!

(mole person) #6031

I don’t think there is a more cunning way to order that specific masterpiece…lol. As soon as you want cheese you’re locked out of the a la carte ordering since you can’t order a slice of cheese by itself. For someone who wanted a dairy free version, however, you could order the two 1/4 patties, sausage, and egg a la carte and it should be cheaper.

You can order bunless via the kiosks but not the added egg and sausage. They don’t give you the same degree of flexibility at the kiosks because they don’t want to encourage every order to be something special. It does slow things down in the kitchen and they do still want to be “fast” food.

The thing is, a keto option at McDonald’s is fairly healthy. The beef is 100% beef, the grill has no vegetable oil, the egg is just an egg. Admittedly, the cheese is processed on the 1/4 pounder, but if you upgrade to the 1/3 pound Angus burger you can get a premium cheese. Basically, what @Gaff ordered is just meat, cheese and egg. It’s not unhealthy just because it came from McDonald’s.

Same with their grilled chicken salads. Cheese, fresh vegetables, grilled chicken. All good stuff.

Decided to go ahead and make today a TMAD, so ran out to pick up some Pork Rinds. Dipped these in some Potted Meat, and added a cup of Pepperoni and Cheese.

ccc

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6033

So they’ve quit with the pink slime? What kind of oil do they use frying eggs? I would be surprised if it’s not some kind of what we used to refer to in the breakfast cafe I worked for several years as “but oil”. I know, gross kitchen humor but it was canola oil and some butter in a metal container on the grill. We made our own but fast food places usually use some kind of food service concoction that has lots of unhealthy stuff in it. And are they using real crack eggs or something from a 5 gallon bucket?

I know McD’s has made efforts to make their food healthier for years now but I guess I am mistrustful of the restaurant industry in general especially fast food chains. Because working in restaurants contributed greatly to my health crisis eating restaurant food 2-3 meals a day for 24 years was my n=1.

I would rather drop in a grocery store and grab something edible out of the package. But I have hit a couple of fast food joints on the road occasionally, I try to find an In ‘n Out if I can. I pretty much never go to restaurants in my hometown. :cowboy_hat_face:

(mole person) #6034

Eggs are poached! :smiley:

(mole person) #6035

Yah, ages ago. At the same time as everyone else did. Basically, the outrage had an immediate effect on their sourcing.

(mole person) #6036

Real. Whole eggs cracked and poached. Outside of breakfast time they’ll be cooked to order too.

(Christy) #6037

This is precisely why I refuse to eat fast food, or even eggs from diners. I slipped up once on week two during a road trip. We stopped at a local greasy spoon & I was sick to my stomach for hours.

If I cook it myself there is zero confusion.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6038

@christylaine I’m with you sister! You mentioned Fremont earlier, are you in the South Bay? I’m in Santa Cruz.

(Christy) #6039

No, we are a little North of Seattle, in Mill Creek. Fremont is a little neighborhood in North Seattle.