What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Running from stupidity) #3897

Chillies again (now they’re in the freezer) but I do just like looking at them

Bacon cover chicken breast and chicken hearts. I am having a hungry day. I just can’t get enough food.

(Running from stupidity) #3899

Oh yeah, gotta HATE days like that…

Do you enjoy the chicken hearts? I spot them here from time to time & have wondered if they’re worth trying.

They were good. The texture was a little chewy, but that may have been they way I cooked them. I will eat them again.

(MooBoom) #3902

Hellsa delicious leftovers from last nights pork belly, plus some banging sauerkraut.

For this meal, I cut myself a nice slab of pork belly and fried it in its own fat on either side.

Recipe for the pork belly roast here: Perfect pork belly

They look sooooo much like little human hearts I’d feel kind of ogreish but I’m cool with that :grin:

Did a small “dump” meatball meal prep today

A cake for my birthday (that was last week). My team bought it for me, it was delicious and a wonderful surprise! 100% keto.

(More photos)

I wanted a simple no-effort dinner tonight so did my “bowl 'o beef”, i.e. corned beef with a little bit of cream cheese and a spicy sausage. Planning to give eating a bit of a rest tomorrow.

Anyway, although this looks more like “din dins”, it was an opportunity to leave @juice my first secret message in my food, starting with something a bit subtle.

(Running from stupidity) #3907

I think the message is I’ve got a big mouth with mush behind it.

How am I doing?

#FOODSTEGANOGRAPHY

Damn, that was fast. I thought you’d just see a sausage lying on top of some beef. Next time I’ll scatter some salt and pepper on a meal in a seemingly random pattern, but will actually be Morse code. OK?

(Running from stupidity) #3909

#BRINGIT

(Running from stupidity) #3910

Pad Me Ko - Succulent pork mince is wok-fried in soy sauce, finely-sliced chilli (with seeds), hand-minced garlic and salt and pepper, then noodles and bok choy are added, then pork lard leavings are sprinkled on to finish the dish.

(Allie) #3911

I’d like to say I broke my fast with the perfect keto coffee, but I didn’t because I randomly decided to add a little cacao butter to it despite knowing from past experience that I don’t like it that way.

So now that I’ve walked Chunk over three miles in below freezing temperatures, I’m going to make another one but without the cacao.

(Running from stupidity) #3912

LOL

(Allie) #3913

I’ll blame it on the intuitive eating thing, there was something in that cacao that my body needed… :joy:

(Running from stupidity) #3914

Oooh, I like that … justification reasoning, very nice :slight_smile:

(Karen) #3915

Breakfast. Tea in my fav cup.

My 80s almond countertop so retro

(Alex ) #3916

some worthy keto food purchases to be cooked over the next 24 hours…