What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Running from stupidity) #1399

Who cares, right? Just show what you ate! I get ideas from here, I don’t come to admire the lighting and post-processing :slight_smile:

(Cindy) #1400

Ok, next time I eat (who knows when that’ll be? YEAH keto!), I’ll grab my phone and snap a pic.

(Jane) #1401

#cantlivevwiththem

#cantlivewithoutthem

#butyouloveusanyways

(Mike W.) #1402

Exactly! Like here’s some bone broth I made :joy:
#nofilter

(Running from stupidity) #1403

The freak content doesn’t hurt that shot at all :slight_smile:

Also, LOL @ #nofilter :smile:

I took a few of my employees to breakfast this morning (no reason, other than it’s Friday!) and the menu was extremely carb heavy (they have a breakfast bar I used to love where you could load up as much fruit and sweetened cream etc as you wanted, but that was now off limits, of course).

I opted for a Dungeness crab Oscar omelette. Mouthwateringly good. I asked for a side of the crème fraîche as well and poured it all on the omelette (which was already swimming in it). No regrets.

Dungeness crab, organic asparagus, local havarti cheese, organic leeks, roasted local garlic, tarragon crème fraîche.

I was unaware it came with toast and potatoes (not mentioned on the menu) so I gave the toast to one of our party and left the potatoes feeling miserable on the plate.

Keto experiences at restaurants
(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #1405

Hah! You know it!

Can neither confirm nor deny that I was thinking of you as I typed that :grin:

Looks wonderful do you have that chili recipe that you could share?

(Allie) #1408

@Elle79 roast lamb hearts are amazing. Other types I tend to fry in ghee with whatever seasoning I fancy.

(Allie) #1409

Scrambled eggs (made in ghee with salt, pepper and turmeric) and bacon.

(Running from stupidity) #1410

Pork belly. Sous vide pork belly. Cooked to perfection in the water bath, then fried in bacon fat in a heritage cast iron pan before being topped with a ginger-garlic-soy sauce reduction. A side of Asian greens make a perfect dish even better.

Breakfast of championsssss! I’m not a big fan of eggs but my French style omelette is more like a crepe than eggs. Stuffed with ham and cheese, plus 5 slices of bacon and a dollop of sour cream.

(Allie) #1412

(Janelle) #1413

How much carbage?

(Allie) #1414

24g net for the whole tub which is fine for me.

(Ashley) #1415

Any particular flavors of that you tried and maybe not liked? My dad is keto now and I think this could be good for him. He doesn’t have much weight to lose and he does okay with a bit more carbs than me so he could handle these decently I think.

(Jane) #1416

Steak was on sale for half price.

(Kristin) #1417

I cooked steaks for my husband and I. We also ate Caesar salad and a few pieces of cheese too. I didn’t take any photos, as we wanted to eat the steak immediately after cooking - at its optimal warmth and juiciness. Not bad for cooking it on the stove top in a skillet with ghee.

Take a pic of it while cooking then. :slight_smile: … We won’t mind! :smile: