What did you Keto today?

(Kellyn ) #3150

what is hog jowl?

Pork cheeks, cured and smoked.
I’ve been planning to get some fatback for cooking. I avoided it like the plague for decades (like bacon I thought it would kill me) but loved it as a kid. Havn’t used jowls but bet it would be awesome.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #3152

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_jowl

@KellynP If you can find it, its awesome. I have to go to a special meat market here in Tulsa to get it.

I’ve become a huge fan of this stuff:

I get it from Aldi here.

I cut it up and cook it in the oven then freeze slices of it for meals later.

I live in South Carolina so finding various pig products (sausage, jowls, fatback) is NOT a problem here. :smile:

(Kellyn ) #3154

I live in SC, too. I will look for that sausage.

Yay! I’m not alone here! :smiley:

(Ken) #3156

Another SC-er here. I have to admit my fav is Neese’s. I will say, in general, Carolinians (North and South) usually know their way around a pig. :bacon: :wink: :bacon:

p.s. - while sugar is listed in the ingredients, the nutrition info lists 0g carbs, so it appears to only be a trace amount.

I’ll keep a lookout for this, too.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #3158

Love steaming eggs in my Instant Pot.

(Ernest) #3159

On the road OMAD! Supermarket rotisserie chicken.
Stop it with the “I can’t stay keto while traveling” excuse. It’s not that difficult.

Thick cut peppercorn bacon, slow cooking at 275°F… and patiently I wait.

Great, @Darlene_Horsley now I get a hankering for pork rinds, hot sauce and cream cheese at night… :smiley:

thanks for the tip, it really is pretty tasty.

(MooBoom) #3162

So this just happened. And it was deeeeeelicious. Eggs cooked in kerrygold, everything else cooked in sausage fat (organic grass fed no fillers).

(Darlene Horsley) #3163

You’re welcome! Lol Just another service we provide.:sweat_smile:

Ok, I just ate a huge salad (it’s okay, I had bacon and chopped up eggs in it :grin: ) and this just made me want a plate.

(Doug) #3165

“Bigfoot Bacon & Brew” -well, for me it was just the latter; had eaten that day not too long before… :blush:

I wanted to do something different with boiled eggs and had a random idea to sear them, great!
05C218E3-6B4F-419E-86AA-EA1C24C8C8DC

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #3167

Omelette with chopped jalapeños and a slice of smoked bologna chopped up inside. And covered with plenty of SALT, pepper and a ghost pepper sauce.

(Mike Glasbrener) #3168

Brunch! Pork bully and eggs. I like salt and pepper.:grinning:

(Jack Brien) #3169

Today my wife left out a jar of curry sauce and some chicken breasts, so while she was out I made some cauliflower rice, fried up the chicken in some spices and put a bit of the sauce in it. Eldest Aspiration refused to eat it and had sausages, black pudding, bacon and fried eggs instead. My wife made her own curry with the jar sauce, mushrooms, kidney beans and rice. Then my youngest refused the curry so he had sausage, egg and black pudding as well. So I was the only one eating the curry, which was quite tasty, but if I’d known it was only going to be me I’d have used the steak, fresh spices and the cauliflower rice! Next time I’ll check if anyone actually wants the food first!