What did you Keto today?

(Mike Glasbrener) #3170

That looks yummy!

(Paul Flickner) #3171

We celebrate Thanksgiving early at our house due to displaced family members. It is easier to get together a week or 2 before and it has worked out very well over the last few years for us.

I’m on day 74 of being full out on my Keto journey. I’m down 35 lbs and feeling great !! So when deciding how to approach my meal I decided upon a Cobb salad topped with turkey breast. I had a light breakfast of 4 thick cut slices of bacon and made a massive Cobb salad and I could only eat half. Romain with home made dressing, 2 hard boiled eggs, an avocado, lots of bacon, a medium tomato, and some cheddar cheese… I plan on finishing the 2nd half tonight :slight_smile:

Picture doesn’t really do it justice. I’d already cut them apart here so looks a little odd.
I dry rubbed a half rack of babyback ribs then wrapped it peppercorn bacon.
Cooked low and slow in the oven for a little over an hour and a half.

Unfortunately I didn’t think ahead so I had to whip up a quick off the cuff batch of mustard sauce. Next time I’ll prep the sauce a couple of days ahead to allow the flavors to properly meld.

I love me some :pig: :pig2: :pig:

LOL

Pulled pork in a bbq/hot sauce/grainy mustard sauce, cauliflower mash and some red cabbage in kombucha vinegar

(Bacon for the Win) #3175

that’s brilliant. No one else is interested in the keto thanksgiving recipes I’ve gathered and I have no interest in feeling like crap after the meal.

(Cathy) #3176

I am a pepper freak too!

(Liz ) #3177

Husband wanted brunch at the Mexican restaurant but was worried I wouldn’t find anything to eat. Ha! I am a Keto MASTER

Ribeye with cheese, avocado, 2 fried eggs & a chicharron which was mostly fat FTW

(Scotty Blair) #3178

I had a T-bone steak cooked in butter and topped with cream sauce made from the steak juices and butter. I fasted the first two meals, drinking black coffee, water, and green tea.

(Ernest) #3179

Going medieval on a cow!

Keto chili on a cold night. I have been craving a good chili. This one is sans beans to lower carb count. I usually put beer in my chili so I had to be creative to add a little depth. I used coffee to give it a little more dimension. I had a low carb cheddar biscuit in the freezer so it felt like I had some cornbread. 4.5 grams of carbs without garnish

Keto Chili

2 lbs ground beef
1/4 Cup +2 Tablespoons leftover coffee
1 Cup Beef Broth
1-1/4 Cups Crushed Tomatoes
2 Cups Water
1 Chipotle Chile in Adobo, finely chopped
3 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning( I made my own from a Pinterest Recipe)
Salt to taste

Garnish
Cheese
Chopped Onion
Sour Cream

Brown ground beef in large pot over medium heat. Once ground beef is browned, add the rest of ingredients, and turn down heat to low and simmer for 2 hours. Optional garnish with cheese, onions, sour cream.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #3181

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #3182

That looks so awesome!!!

How come it looks more cooked on the inside than the outside?

That is an interesting ingredient. I would never have thought of using coffee in something like this. Is that typical or your twist?

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #3184

Good morning, EVERYONE! The Bulletproof Blog has a recipe also. Mine is just coconut milk, matcha, and butter.

(Mike Glasbrener) #3185

Nice! Was that a standard there or did you “a la cart and mix-n-match”?

(Ernest) #3186

You are referring to the red ring? That’s just a “smoke ring” from the smoking process. Long story short, Nitrogen Dioxide from the burning wood and Myoglobin marry in the presence of moisture and that is the result.
A sort after sight in the BBQ world.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #3187

And It looks amazing, Sir.

(Liz ) #3188

So I think the steak, avocado, and eggs came with beans and tortilla somethings. I asked for those to be left off and added a chicharron on the side which I knew they use in some dishes but don’t offer as a side dish on its own. So I definitely needed a helpful waiter to get that done and they nailed it! It was so filling I skipped dinner, LOL.

(Ernest) #3189

Much appreciated @rustyk61 I do have a trick to get it pronounced every time. I stick the meat in the freezer while I prep my fire.
Cold meat surface+hot wood fire = killer smoke ring.