What did you Keto today?

This is such a great approach for chicken thighs. I first tried it last week and I’m another who doesn’t usually like chicken thighs and it was a winner.

Reverse sear ribeye cap steak

Mixed berries and vanilla whipped cream for dessert

(Ernest) #2712

Steak and eggs Monday!

(Dave) #2713

Dressing is just Mayo, Wholegrain Mustard and Olive Oil
(should have squeezed some lemon juice in it)

(Ernest) #2714

Technically, this is steak (lamb) and eggs.

(Andrew Anderson) #2715

Smoked arm shoulder for a few hours. Foiled with my homemade beef tallow when it hit 190. A few hours later it turned into pulled beef that I ate on the pork rind pancakes as buns.

(matt ) #2716

Ernest how do you always get such an amazing sear on your meat? Are you using a press?

(Ernest) #2717

No press involved. I preheat a cast iron skillet on medium low heat while I prep other things. Dry the surface of the meat THOROUGHLY!
Then increase the heat to medium high. Add enough fat to cover the bottom of the skillet.
When you see a wisp of smoke, add the meat. Here’s where my trick starts, after some seconds, I move the meat to a fresh hot spot in the skillet BUT without lifting the meat. Drag it!
Flip and do the same.
Fresh hot spot = extra crust.

(Ellie Baum) #2718

Rosemary cali mash with carmelized garlic. Bacon gravy. So what if my gravy is purple because I added “too much” wine. It was freakin bacon gravy and it was delicious. Also eggs and some bacon ends.

Besides, take a look at this garlic that went in the mash. Pretty, right?

Instead of a BLT it was a BEAT.

(brian) #2720

I tried to make one of those Jaques Pepin classic omelettes (nice technique video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s10etP1p2bU)
was a bit tough to fold in a cast iron pan so not very pretty but good texture. Used a little black salt a good friend brought back from Iceland and some pepper. That’s it.

(Ernest) #2721

It works better folding in cast iron when it’s still very “wet” using 2 spatulas.

(Ernest) #2722

Quick meal. Salad dressed up in warm bacon vinegrette .

(Sarah Herlihy) #2723

So having this tonight! Bring on dinner time!

(Peter Bursky) #2724

Wasn’t really today, but … Ribeye steak (found an easy recipe here, but now i can’t find who posted it, so can’t give credit. sorry! if i find the source, i’ll give credit where it’s due) It was simple, leave steak out for about an hour,salt when you take it out, after hour put pan of your choice on high heat, pepper the steak, 2 minutes 1 one side (leave the steak alone), 2 minutes other side. Do the same again for total of 8 minutes. Take it off heat, a put some butter on top and cover with alu foil, leave sit for another 10 minutes. The butter melts and soaks up the taste of steak. Yummmm!
Cauliflower mash with butter and parsley on a side, toasted protein bread squares (for lack of better term) with blue cheese “sauce” on it (the sauce came out a bit thicker than expected, but lovely to spread on bread) :grin:
Not to boast, but this was one of the best steaks i had!

Bacon wrapped hot dogs and bratwurst

Nori hoagie wraps - mayo and olive oil vinaigrette on the side for dipping

(Cathy) #2726

Bacon wrapped hotdogs are one of my faves at the moment!

(Ellen) #2727

![20170921_195058|281x500](upload://xEJ5VmGyCij4PWfc86IJc8Ouecv.jpg
Cheese burger with lettuce, toms & mayo, couldn’t eat all of it though :slightly_frowning_face: not sure if pic uploaded.

Yay! Finally figured techy thing out, now with pic!

(Joe Schuyler) #2728

AH. So close with the picture.

The anticipation is killing me!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #2729

I’m a day late, but yesterday I had my first ever cowboy ribeye, part of my dinner to celebrate 20 years married to my lovely wife. Creamed spinach on the side (made with a hint of nutmeg, which I wouldn’t have thought to use, but was tasty).

The cowboy ribeye was 20 oz. and cooked medium rare…just enough for the fat to be nice and melty. I will never go back to lean cuts of steak again.