What did you Keto today?

(Jessica ) #2730

Sorry it took me so long to respond! No, no sorbitol.

(Marie) #2731

Thank you!

(Ernest) #2732

You folks eat wings at all? I don’t see that many wings posts…

(Ernest) #2733

Sous vide beef cheeks! Salt and pepper, vacuum seal and drop in 155 degrees hot tub time machine for 24 to 36 hours. Pour out the juices and boil to reduce. Strain through a coffee filter and pour over the shredded meat!
Make omelettes, tacos etc.

(Ren) #2734

Cow and pig in a blanket dusted with Togurashi. Teton Waters Ranch Jalapeno cheddar beef and pork brat wrapped in Carlshead dough and dusted with togurashi. These did not suck.

(Roxanne) #2735

Yup, regularly!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #2736

This looks like my perfect ratio of fat/protein to veggie… looks divine!

(Ellie Baum) #2737

Egg noodles with rosemary cheese sauce

Noodle pic:

Rolled up, sliced, ready to be unrolled

Noodle recipe: http://lchfdiva.com/2015/01/delicious-faux-egg-noodles-recipe-lchf/

(Ernest) #2738

Keto road warrior. Cheese brats wrapped in cheese then almond flour tortillas. Gotta have eggs…

Chicken Thighs In a Creamy Lemon Herb Sauce

4 Boneless Chicken Thighs
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper,to taste
Herbs De Provence, to taste
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed left fairly intact

Melt butter and olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan. Season chicken with salt, pepper and herbs de provence on both sides. Place chicken in frying pan with smashed garlic. Brown chicken on both sides about 7 minutes per side. Depending on how thick they are. Remove garlic before it gets too brown, place to the side.

After you brown both sides turn down heat to low add
Reserved garlic, from earlier
1-1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Tablespoon Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
1/4 teaspoon True Lemon (1 packet) or fresh lemon about a 1/2 tsp
Fresh Lemon Thyme, to taste

Cook for 5 minutes over low make sure to check that your chicken is cooked through. Remove garlic and serve a top a 1/2 cup Zucchini Ribbons and add a little Arugula. Serves 2 or 4 depending on how big or small your chicken thighs are.

Balsamic chicken with provolone and mozzarella with cherry tomatoes marinated in balsamic, basil and olive oil

(Richard Morris) #2741

Scrambled eggs, Baconized ham, fried avocados and mushrooms fried in garlic and butter

(Mel Soule) #2742

Ernest, Wonderful strategy with eggs. I want to eat them too but always screw up frying and can’t do too many hard boiled. A naive question if I may. When steaming how is it done? How long to get them to the consistency that you like for frying them later? Thanks in advance for your help Mel

Have you guys been hearing about the Naked Egg Taco’s from Taco Hell? I saw a couple vids last night where they took off potatoes and the nacho cheese and thought they were good to go… Turns out, not so much. The egg alone has 6 carbs in it! Leave it to Taco Hell to mess up a good thing! So I tried making my own this morning. I’m definitely going to work on my technique and honestly picking up and eating it isn’t going to happen. But it was good!

I already had some cooked sausage and bacon, so I heated it up.

My fried egg wasn’t too pretty. I think I’ll try 2 eggs next time for one larger “taco.”

(Khara) #2744

Ok, so regarding food lessons from childhood…
#1 Fat is bad - Debunked
#2 You shouldn’t play with your food - Debunked

(Roxanne) #2745

My first attempt at hickory smoked ribs!

(Roxanne) #2746

And alder smoked trout … I’m set for the week!

(brian) #2747

Wow looks great! Now I’m hungry for some smoked fish :yum:

(Ernest) #2748

@circesdad bring enough water to not touch the eggs to a boil. Place the eggs in a steaming basket, cover pot and steam.

8 minutes = poached like consistency
10 minutes = solid white, soft yolk
12 minutes = hard boiled eggs.

When time is up, drop them in ice water to stop cooking.
I like 10 minutes

(Dave) #2749

Bite sized keto food for entertaining. Protein bread co. toast with cream cheese & smoked salmon or paté